[EXPERIMENTAL] [UNOFFICIAL] Xposed for arm64 devices | 5.1 and 5.0 versions available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
arm64 is now officially supported: See here

Old OP

Hello Everyone,

I have successfully compiled Xposed for android 5.1.x for arm64 devices.

I have so far tested this on my Nexus 9 running a custom CyanogenMod based Android 5.1 ROM with SELinux disabled (It may work on ROM's with SELinux enabled but testing has to be conducted.).

Install zip is attached to this post. (The SDK 22 one) This will only install Xposed framework for Android 5.1 for arm64 devices. Please see the original Lollipop post to get the other files you need. (Hint: you only need the Xposed APK from that post.)

I compiled this based off of @romracer's source code for Xposed on Android 5.1.x.

So far I have tested the module Lolistat, It seems to be working well.

Please be patient during boot, let your device boot 10 minutes before reporting that it is "bootlooping"

====================

For Android 5.0.x

I have also compiled Xposed for Android 5.0.x for arm64 devices. I have had mixed results from testers so far. The install zip is also attached to this OP (The SDK 21 one). Many HTC M9 users have reported this caused a boot-loop for them.
This will only install Xposed framework for Android 5.0.x for arm64 devices. Please see the original Lollipop post to get the other files you need. (Hint: you only need the Xposed APK from that post.)
Remember to always backup all data before using. Use at your own risk.

Please note: There will most likely be arm64 related bugs with both of these. See this post for more information.

Please be patient during boot, let your device boot for 10 minutes before reporting that it is "bootlooping"

Attachments

• xposed-sdk21-arm64-20150430.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 64,749
  • xposed-sdk22-arm64-20150514.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 94,185
Last edited:

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
Well, if you're willing to test and support it, you can post unofficial files for testing...
I have a Nexus 9 with Android 5.0 myself and it's running fairly well. I haven't used any complex modules though.

Be aware that 64-bit ROMs need different handling in a couple of places and break some expectations. For example, initZygote() will be executed twice, as there are two app_processXX processes now. Modules might not expect this. I also didn't succeed to enforce a certain startup order of the processes (app_process64 before app_process32) yet, so results might be a bit random. There are probably more differences like this and it's generally more complex than on 32-bit ROMs. That's why I have only posted files for ARM so far. On the other hand, if you're willing to look into issues that come up (e.g. installation problems, crashes, things that are not working) and do some pre-analysis, that's fine and could bring the project forward. If nothing to major comes up, I can then also include official files with the next version. Additional support would be very welcome anyway. :)

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
Feel free to post any problems you have with this here. (arm64 related problems)

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
Thanks for taking this on, joshuabg. I couldn't believe it when I saw this thread. I thought that 5.1 jumped the arm64 shark and we'd never see xposed for N9.
Anyway, I flashed on AICP 4/6 with FireIce K8.3, SELinux disabled and it booted just fine. Tried the following modules, and I see what rovo meant in his post above. It's really hit or miss with the modules just like the [SUPER ALPHA] xposed for 32 bit arm devices. Thanks again for rolling this out to test.
  • YouTube Adaway - seemed to work, jumped to dozens of random videos and no ads
  • Minmin Guard - app opened and seemed to operate normally but I think it may have blocked ads across the board without my telling it to do so. I think it also caused an XDA Free force close on opening that wouldn't go away
  • Swype Tweaks - caused Swype to FC anytime the keyboard should have launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    arm64 is now officially supported: See here

Old OP

Hello Everyone,

I have successfully compiled Xposed for android 5.1.x for arm64 devices.

I have so far tested this on my Nexus 9 running a custom CyanogenMod based Android 5.1 ROM with SELinux disabled (It may work on ROM's with SELinux enabled but testing has to be conducted.).

Install zip is attached to this post. (The SDK 22 one) This will only install Xposed framework for Android 5.1 for arm64 devices. Please see the original Lollipop post to get the other files you need. (Hint: you only need the Xposed APK from that post.)

I compiled this based off of @romracer's source code for Xposed on Android 5.1.x.

So far I have tested the module Lolistat, It seems to be working well.

Please be patient during boot, let your device boot 10 minutes before reporting that it is "bootlooping"

====================

For Android 5.0.x

I have also compiled Xposed for Android 5.0.x for arm64 devices. I have had mixed results from testers so far. The install zip is also attached to this OP (The SDK 21 one). Many HTC M9 users have reported this caused a boot-loop for them.
    This will only install Xposed framework for Android 5.0.x for arm64 devices. Please see the original Lollipop post to get the other files you need. (Hint: you only need the Xposed APK from that post.)
    Remember to always backup all data before using. Use at your own risk.

Please note: There will most likely be arm64 related bugs with both of these. See this post for more information.

Please be patient during boot, let your device boot for 10 minutes before reporting that it is "bootlooping"

Well, if you're willing to test and support it, you can post unofficial files for testing...
    I have a Nexus 9 with Android 5.0 myself and it's running fairly well. I haven't used any complex modules though.

Be aware that 64-bit ROMs need different handling in a couple of places and break some expectations. For example, initZygote() will be executed twice, as there are two app_processXX processes now. Modules might not expect this. I also didn't succeed to enforce a certain startup order of the processes (app_process64 before app_process32) yet, so results might be a bit random. There are probably more differences like this and it's generally more complex than on 32-bit ROMs. That's why I have only posted files for ARM so far. On the other hand, if you're willing to look into issues that come up (e.g. installation problems, crashes, things that are not working) and do some pre-analysis, that's fine and could bring the project forward. If nothing to major comes up, I can then also include official files with the next version. Additional support would be very welcome anyway. :)
    I got a new m9 in the box, thinking about waiting to activate it since xposed wouldn't work on it yet.

I could also compile Xposed arm64 for android 5.0 if there is enough interest.
    just in case...

I am aware of that and have already compiled arm64 versions of it. I will be releasing them after further private testing.