Upskirt Shots inside --> X10 Disassembled

Search This thread

McKebapp

Apr 13, 2010
Close to Basel
Hi Everyone,

I was a little bored of waiting for root on my mobile.

So I decided to flush my warranty and rip that ***** apart :D

Screws where taken out very fast.
But the hole thing was additionally clipped all around.
I started from top, where a credit card had enough space to get between the housing parts.
Then I moved once around an the back was taken off...

To disassemble the remaining parts was piece of cake.

I didn't manage to split the Frontwindow and Display, so I left it.
At least also to not get any dust underneath. :eek:

While it was open, I decided to de-solder the white keypad lightning and resoldered it with amber coloured LEDs, to match the phone even more with my cars interior light. :cool:

Kind regards,

McK

P.S.: The pictures were taken at full 8mpix. If anyone can provide some webspace, I'd send 'em to him. But I dislike to use freehosters, so pls don't point me at 'em. :rolleyes:

Just a note to all Bloggers and Newsservices out there:

With this lines I set the pictures under Copyleft.
So feel free to use them, as long as you mention this thread.

-------------------------------
Edith says: Just updated with larger shots :cool:
More shots on 2nd page :D .

overview.jpg

centerfront.jpg

center.jpg

simmemorycardreader.jpg

led.jpg

vibra1.jpg

vibra2.jpg

vibra3.jpg

chip1.jpg

chip2.jpg

-----------------------------------
Edith yells again: UltraNEO* has made some cool close up shots and posted them here on page 10:

X10 with back removed
_MG_9071-20100505-035537.jpg

Camera Module (Lens)
_MG_9050-20100505-034643.jpg

Camera Module (Rear)
_MG_9053-20100505-035055.jpg

Camera Module (detached with part/model number - perhaps)
_MG_9054-20100505-035128.jpg

Display Module (disassembled with LED backlights showing)
_MG_9056-20100505-035214.jpg

Touchscreen Module (with padding)
_MG_9057-20100505-035315.jpg

Touchscreen Module (without padding)<br>
_MG_9063-20100505-035353.jpg

Status indicator & ambient light sensor
_MG_9064-20100505-035427.jpg

-----------------------------------

Edith was around and says:
User ****nap finished the first "Startrooper" Phone.
Here are the Pics:

Finished Phone:
ed10507a.jpg

a4ccf23b.jpg

ab189c62.jpg

Disassembled touch module:
DSC00647.jpg

DSC00646.jpg

---------------------------------------

Edith beeps:

biktor_gl ripped the sticker, that is placed in the back of X10 to show us some pinouts:

pinout1.jpg

pinout2.jpg

Last edited:

Davindy

Apr 19, 2007
I'd be interested to know if you can confirm the hardware used for the touch screen, and whether it will or will not support multitouch???

McKebapp

Apr 13, 2010
Close to Basel

Astral07

Apr 18, 2010
woho, nice tattoo man, didn't know that could be done! sweet

ps. get that screen model no! :)

yetep

Oct 6, 2008
Nice Tat.
But you've got dandruff.

hehe, kidding.

Screen model dude, thankyou!

Tjotte

Oct 3, 2008
Stockholm
I just wanna take my hat off and applaud McKebapp for finding the guts and put the screwdriver to his device! Amazing man :) thank you for sharing with the community!

McKebapp

Apr 13, 2010
Close to Basel
Got it --> No Screen / Model or Part Number and folks will hunt me down with pitchforks and torchlights :D

I'll go for it after work.
Lets say around 08:00PM GMT+2 and I post what I have discovered so far.

Is there anything else you guys like to know?
At the moment I brood over to swap that micro usb jack with an mini usb one.
I own about 20 mini usb cables and only one damn micro usb :rolleyes:

I'll try gain my kitchen illumination to take better pics.
Does anyone have some Webspace or an freehoster account for full-res pics?

Alleniv

Mar 29, 2010
Hi! Just an info: are you able to see the display type? For example is there any information about the producer and the model? :)

EDIT: sorry, I did not read your last post :p

Last edited:

McKebapp

Apr 13, 2010
Close to Basel
So, here we go.
I've been a little earlier at home. :cool:

First of all: I hate all of you, for making my "innerdisplaylayer" dusty :mad:
*justkidding

Sooo....
No Numbers except:
1226-3271.3
and
FQN0B1155391

Google didn't show anything up. :confused:

Here're the mugshots (and yes, I know, I have to cut my Nails :rolleyes: ):

Whole Displaymodule and Frontcover as one Part
innerdisplaywithpartnr.jpg

Both Flatcables were glued... ouch....
gluedarea.jpg

Ripped Display - Frontview:
displaymodulefront.jpg

And Backview:
displaymoduleback.jpg

This is the Touchmodule within the Frontcover:
touchdisplay.jpg

Special thanks to OwLOwLOwL who provided some Webspace to me.

I'll leave my Phone open for about 2 Hours.
So, if you want to know any other things, I'll look them up and take some photos. ;)

Astral07

Apr 18, 2010
great pics, thaks for doing this!

now all we need is someone who knows what the numbers mean :)

McKebapp

Apr 13, 2010
Close to Basel
I've just updated the pics on first Page.
Oooou.. Lousy Photographers Skills after a few bottles of beer :rolleyes:

Just a note to all Bloggers and Newsservices out there:

With this lines I set them under Copyleft.
So feel free to use them, as long as you mention this thread.

Last edited:

Tulips

Apr 2, 2010
Hmm why do you tink FQN0B1155391 is the number?
You have F7N0A1177214 on the other side.
Anyway i don't any of them is the right numbers :confused:

I think the model number is is "under/behind" the shiny thing.

Sorry my bad eng.

btw sweet fingers :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia X10 Disassembly
    or: The easiest way to destroy your phone for Dummies

Warning: The following lines may be disgusting, contain mature language and will be disillusioning.
    So feel free to skip this post if you dislike heavy polemic, or get a upset stomach if you are about to see blood :D

'nuff babbling dumb ****. ;)

A little statement before we begin:
    I wrote this guide from my very own personal view.
    I'm sure it isn't complete and/or easy to read.
    I've modded / repaired / resoldered about 2000 mobilephones, several car radios and several dozens of gaming consoles from years 2001 - 2005.
    So please have mercy with me, If I wrote it too strange.
    Lets use this thread to improve the guide so that everyone can read and use it easily.

First of all... before you begin to disassemble your new phone...

Ask yourself:
    • Is it really _so_ important to disassemble that phone?
    • Really?
    • Is there someone else that has done it before, whom I can ask for help?
    • Can I test out my skills on a old phone, before ripping that X10?

Make sure the following requirements / tools / weapons of phone destruction are given:
    1. You have a thumb on both hands.
    2. You have a left AND a right hand (two left hands may be a problem)
    3. You are not drunk. Really. You make stupid things while you are drunk.
      You don't believe me?
      Ask your next one-night-stand to pull of that tons of make-up before you fall asleep after doing _it_.
      Get sober over night an take a look at that one on the pillow beside of you at next morning.
      Congrats, you now will know, what I'm talking 'bout ;-)
    4. Your Toolbox contains:
      • a Torx 6 screwdriver
      • at least one small slot-screwdriver (Is this the correct English word?)
      • a guitar pick or/and a credit card (don't use the black American Express. It will get crumpled.
        Feel free to use your g/b friend's or hubby's and blame him/her aftermath for not watching her/his pocket ;)
      • a toothpick or long finger nails (you may also ruin your Hubby- or Gf's)
      • a Swiss Military- or potato knife (the one you're usually scratching the dirt from under your finger nails will be fine).
    5. Some bottles of beer against frustrations.
    6. You read this post at least once complete before you begin.

A last advice, before I begin with disassembling instructions:
    If you get stuck at any moment... TAKE A BREAK. Don't enforce something.

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 1.: The Overview_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

You see the T6 and slot-screwdriver, of course the X10, a guitar pick and an credit card alternative :D

x10disassembly1.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 2.: The Easy one_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

The first step is to remove all loose parts like the battery, the sim- and memorycard and all of the fluff you've found after a few weeks of use.

x10disassembly2.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 3.: Unscrewing_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

I've skipped taking pictures of the unscrewing part. I assume; all of you will have enough brains to determine yourself that all 8 screws have to be taken out. Put them in a small bag or box. Otherwise, at least one of it _will_ fall under your table. You will not find it again. Really. It would be lost in the depth of that Bermuda Triangle you call "floor".

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 4.: Removing the strange thingly_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Now remove that part at the lower end of your phone. I couldn't determine what it is, yet. It has to small connectors to the PCB and is half way glued to the backcover. Whatever. Use the guitar pick, the potato knife or your gf's finger nails to pierce once under both sides. You should now be able to lift it with your own finger nails.

x10disassembly2.5.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 5.: Heading to the first Quest_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Still willing to destroy your phone? Ok, you asked for. So lets do the creepy things... Begin at the top. Simply use your guitar pick to get a little gap between the back- and frontcover. Go slowly and don't use a knife. The damn fake chrome will come off immediately, if you scratch it with something harder than it.
    Now you'll have a gap, that is big enough to make use of the credit card. Its plastic is smooth enough to not scratch anything. Simply wiggle a little with the card and make use of its leverage force. The upper end of the backcover now already should have jumped out of its clips.

x10disassembly3.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 6.: Halfway to the Boss-Stage_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Continue on the right side. Go slowly, coming from the frontcover and plant the credit card between the housing parts. First clip will be open now. Continue 'till you are on the lower right side.
    Editors note: Don't pierce to deep with the credit card. The ribbons, that will put sweat on your forehead soon, are already hiding right behind the backcover. If you're piercing too deep, the chance of cutting them is high.
    Now you can also release the lower clips the way, like you began at the top of the housing.

x10disassembly4.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 7.: Hunting down the Boss._)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

O.k. up, right side and down are loosened. But what about left side? Well. the clips over there are to tight to get a credit card underneath. But you don't need to do so. Simply lift the backcover slowly and wiggle it a little. It should come of by itself. If its clinging a little, take a gulp from you bottle of beer, say yourself: "I'm a man, you won't beat me" and use some force. Not the force you use to tighten your rims on your car. But the force you use to open your women's bra will be fine. (For our virgins: Use the force Yoda gave you :p

x10disassembly5.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 8.: Attacking the SIM- and Memorycard Holder_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Now you can remove the sim and memorycard holder. It has four clips. You will see two of them on the next picture, right where my screwdrivers are pointing at. Use your toothpick and use it like a lever between pcb and clip from underneath. You can also make use of your slot screwdriver. Same to the other side. DO NOT REMOVE THE HOLDER YET. Take a closer look to the next picture first.

x10disassembly6.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 9.: And rip it out_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

You knew it. One of our hated ribbon friends is hiding underneath the holder and is just waiting for your inattention in order to tear into pieces. Or at least get a hairline crack. Lift the holder a little from right side and use your toothpick or gf's figner nails to lift it off.

x10disassembly7.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 10.: A closer look_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

9. Here you can see the ribbon again. Take off the audio jack by simply lifting it with your fingers (The arrow shows you how).

x10disassembly8.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 11.: Patience is needed_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Now loose the three ribbons at the lower end of the pcb. Feel free to use your own fingernails, the guitar pick, the toothpick or a rusty spoon. They should come off easily. Make sure, you don't rip of any of the SMD components beside of them. To resolder them isn't impossible, but hell of a pita.

x10disassembly9.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 12.: Don't forget this one_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Do the same to the ribbon you've already found underneath the audio jack (my red screwdriver is pointing at it).

x10disassembly10.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 13.: On top of the Hill..._)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

You should now take a break. You've almost done of the hardest things.
    The pcb is clipped with four clips. You can see them marked with red circles.
    Simply pierce your smallest slot screwdriver between the pcb and the front cover, right next to the clips.
    Wiggle a little, and the pcb should jump out of the clips by itself. Repeat it the same way with the other clips.
    Now you can lift the LOWER end of the pcb and pull it out in a flat angle.

x10disassembly15.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 14.: Nearly done_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Next step is to split the display, the touchmodule and the frontcover.
    First of all, swing loose the keypad. Be careful not to rip that bloody ribbon apart. (Yes, I really hate that damn things, since I had to repair several dozens of Samsung's SGH-E7x0 displays)....

x10disassembly12.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 15.: Sticky Stuff_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Now you slowly pierce underneath that copper-looking ribbons. They are glued at about the whole area. But not too fast. After a few pierces you should be able to tear them off with your fingers. Do the bigger one first, then the smaller one.

x10disassembly13.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 16.: Disassembling the touchmodule_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

The display is also clipped the way the pcb already was. Once all around and it should pop off by itself.

x10disassembly14.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Step 17.: Hardest one: Splitting the touchmodule from the frontcover_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Little rewritten of wai_lai416's post: The module is glued onto the casing by a strong double sided tape. I suggest you to heat the glue a little with a hairdryer.
    All you have to do is lift one corner (it's not 100% taped down) and stick a guitar pick or credit card and run it across and it'll pop out.
    Please take a closer look at this picture by ****nap:

DSC00646.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Done_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

end.jpg

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-(_Final Words_)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

To reassemble the whole phone, simply put it back together in the reverse order, I described before.
    Don't forget to clip the ribbons again. Simply push them into the connectors by your thumb. Don't forget the one underneath the audiojack and underneath the sim / memorycardholder (happened twice to me :rolleyes: )
    Make sure that all clips are tightened again by pressing the display, the pcb and at least the backcover once around with your thumb.

the_end_small_2.jpg

Sorry everybody:
    I won't support this phone / guide any longer.
    SonyEricssons behavior felt like a kick in the back of a fanboy like I was.
    My advice if there are any Hardware Problems with this phone: Sell it, an get another one from a different brand.
    HTC Desire HD for example.

Exactly what happened to me. Now I have a new problem, the inside of the screen seems to have been smudged during the process. What would you recommend I use to clean it should I acquire additional guts to try it again?
    Thank you for your quick reply :)

Just to be sure, this is the item I bought.

Have you yourself succeeded to take apart the touch module? :D

Guten abend!

Uhm.. Nearly... But that one is just the back housing. Using this will only make the back part black, while the front frame and the touch module stay white.

This one replaces both, the back part and the front frame and you would only keep the touch module.

Well, I never had to replace one... So no: I have not succeeded, yet :D

Ik wens jij ook een prachtig avend ;)