Should i get the moto g?

Search This thread

mixed nuts

Jan 12, 2014
My younger brother wants a phone with a big screen and i have the note 2 (still under warranty) and I'm not sure whether to give him the note 2 and just get the moto g.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Atomix86

Jul 5, 2011
No. The Note 2 is superior IMO. A lot of people here will be biased but I will tell it how it is.

Sent from my Google Nexus G - ;)

mixed nuts

Jan 12, 2014
But Is the moto g battery life decent? Because we're getting a new phone anyway whether it's for me or my brother and since my brother wanted my note 2 i did consider giving it to him

cmraymond

Nov 3, 2011
Nooooo! Don't do it you'll be sorry.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Atomix86

Jul 5, 2011
But Is the moto g battery life decent? Because we're getting a new phone anyway whether it's for me or my brother and since my brother wanted my note 2 i did consider giving it to him

The battery is adequate but nowhere near the huge life of the N2 battery.

mixed nuts

Jan 12, 2014
Oh i see.. Does that mean it lasts for way less than 5 hours screen time? Cuz that's what how much ny n2 lasts
Anyway do you know any decent mid-priced large screened phones?
Thanks for your help :)

Atomix86

Jul 5, 2011
Oh i see.. Does that mean it lasts for way less than 5 hours screen time? Cuz that's what how much ny n2 lasts

Average seems to be 3.5 hours from what I have gathered from threads here and my own use, but I suppose it depends on how heavy the use is, watching YouTube for example probably drains a little more than surfing web pages (I watch a lot of YouTube and Netflix and get closer to 2-2.5 hours screen time, where my Note 2 almost doubled that easily). I would consider the Nexus 5 a very decent mid priced phone but the screen is 5in compared the the Note 2's 5.5in. I can't think of any true phablets priced less than that I'm afraid.

dakshmay21

May 19, 2011
Delhi

raju6aha.jpg

I get about 5 hours of screen on time with 20 hours of moderate to high usage. About half an hour or YouTube, 2 hours of music, some casual gaming, constant WhatsApp, mails and Facebook.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

cmraymond

Nov 3, 2011
Let's just say that Moto G is not mid range phone. My stepson just bought it for $99 at Radio Shack for Boost. Since he's had it, only data works, can't make or receive calls not once in 5 days. I would call list a low range phone, note 2 is high end, has 2 Gb Ram where Moto G only has 1 Gb. Huge difference on how a phone behaves, smoothness and running apps. Moto G is fine for a teen, not for someone who has already owned a high end phone. I sympathize though if conditions warrant having to buy a a cheap phone to get through end of contract or whatever catastrophe brings a person to have to buy a cheap phone. I've been there, but I would rather have a flip dumb phone while my phone is away at repair than a laggy smartphone.

Roguefoxx

Nov 4, 2007
Let's just say that Moto G is not mid range phone. My stepson just bought it for $99 at Radio Shack for Boost. Since he's had it, only data works, can't make or receive calls not once in 5 days. I would call list a low range phone, note 2 is high end, has 2 Gb Ram where Moto G only has 1 Gb. Huge difference on how a phone behaves, smoothness and running apps. Moto G is fine for a teen, not for someone who has already owned a high end phone. I sympathize though if conditions warrant having to buy a a cheap phone to get through end of contract or whatever catastrophe brings a person to have to buy a cheap phone. I've been there, but I would rather have a flip dumb phone while my phone is away at repair than a laggy smartphone.

There is either something wrong with the phone your stepson bought or neither of you know anything about the phone. I run it stock and the battery, call clarity and performance have all been great, nothing shy of impressive for the price you pay for it.

Is it a Note 2 or GS4? Nope, but duh, you aren't paying for those either.

Last edited:
Reactions: draco259

cmraymond

Nov 3, 2011

I know plenty about phones. To date I have owned in order Motorola CLIQ, Samsung Vibrant, HTC My Touch, my touch 4g, My Touch 4 G slide, Samsung Vibrant, galaxy s 4g, Motorola Droid RAZR maxx, HTC one, and most recent and current Galaxy note 2. And what have you owned? I haven't used my stepson phone at all, I just know based on specs that the Moto G is not as good as a not 2. For the price it's a great phone, for the price. But it's no Note 2.

Omar1c

Apr 1, 2013
Buckeye
Depends on your budget haha also when the LG f70 is out I will try and port lg kitkat ui to our moto G. I like lg ui so I'm doing this for me and for some who are interested.

Sent From My Muthaf***** Moto G

mixed nuts

Jan 12, 2014
I can't decide.. I get to confused when i hear different opinions.. Do you really think I'll regret it? The moto g is easily rooted unlike the note 2 but the note 2 have better specs

petraru1

Nov 7, 2011
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Better specs means nothing, I had a Samsung Galaxy Express and my girlfriend a Samsung Galaxy S4, and i can say that Moto G performs much better. The stock android and optimizations blow samsung touchwiz out of the water. I have the Moto G for 2 days and i simply love it, not to mention the price, i sold my Galaxy Express for 166 euros and bought the moto g for 210 euro the 16 GB version. Oh, from the money of the galaxy express and s4 we bought 2 moto g and a nexus 7 2013 edition and left with some extra money to speend.

Roguefoxx

Nov 4, 2007
I can't decide.. I get to confused when i hear different opinions.. Do you really think I'll regret it? The moto g is easily rooted unlike the note 2 but the note 2 have better specs

The obvious drawbacks with the Moto G are the 3G speeds and the somewhat low storage space available due to not being able to use a sdcard. Other than that I can't really find any other faults in the phone. I do wish the soft nav keys were located in all the black space available on the bottom of the phone. Instead they take up a small portion of the 4.5" screen so there is that, but it's not a big deal at all really.

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8

I'll chime in one time here. I am a hardcore android user and have been since the g1. I usually take the custom ROM route. Because of budget constraints I picked up one of these. For the price it is a phenomenal phone unmatched. I run stock with faux kernel, exposed with some modules. It does everything I want it to with ease. In benchmarks it matches my well tuned nexus ten. It real world performance I find it to exceed the nexus 10. Its a whole lot of phone for not a lot of money. And to be fair I'm not being biased. A slightly bigger screen would have been nice though...

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

mixed nuts

Jan 12, 2014
I think I'll just go for it since i don't really mind the smaller screen besides what's the use of a bigger screen when most of it isn't used anyway? On my note 2 while watching a video the black borders take a lot of space on my screen.. I don't think I'll regret it.
Thanks everyone

Reactions: newellj79

serophia

Feb 8, 2013
California
I think I'll just go for it since i don't really mind the smaller screen besides what's the use of a bigger screen when most of it isn't used anyway? On my note 2 while watching a video the black borders take a lot of space on my screen.. I don't think I'll regret it.
Thanks everyone

Great choice, still funny how people compare expensive phones to cheap ones, of course it is going to be a huge difference. What they should do is compare it by price to other unlocked phones that are the same price as moto g.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'll chime in one time here. I am a hardcore android user and have been since the g1. I usually take the custom ROM route. Because of budget constraints I picked up one of these. For the price it is a phenomenal phone unmatched. I run stock with faux kernel, exposed with some modules. It does everything I want it to with ease. In benchmarks it matches my well tuned nexus ten. It real world performance I find it to exceed the nexus 10. Its a whole lot of phone for not a lot of money. And to be fair I'm not being biased. A slightly bigger screen would have been nice though...

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
    I don't think I'll regret my decision :D

Yes, dont even think about it xD

Sent from my Moto G :3

There is either something wrong with the phone your stepson bought or neither of you know anything about the phone. I run it stock and the battery, call clarity and performance have all been great, nothing shy of impressive for the price you pay for it.

Is it a Note 2 or GS4? Nope, but duh, you aren't paying for those either.
    Thanks everyone