Kies mini now on samsung usa site

Search This thread

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
trying now.. think it is specific for just firmware upgrades only.

it is not seeing my phone. gonna try a reboot.

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
specific just for upgrades... very pretty app. took a few minutes to get it to work....

Says i have the latest software version of....

2010-9-10

I am guessing we should see an upgrade in the next day or two for the gps....

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
Did rebooting work? It said to connect mobile phone.. I did but nothing happened..

i enabled touchwiz and made my usb default to kies... reboot phone and the computer.

Had to remove my usb a few times for it to go to the next screen where it checked my firmware version and the upgrade button was greyed out.

born_fisherman

Jul 28, 2010
keeps crashing on me - rebooting the PC got me to the next screen, but then crashes - wonder if its because of the other version of Kies installed..

IronEagle410

Aug 11, 2010
Boston
It doesnt crash for me but it wont recognize my phone. Then again the normal kies wont either. The drivers all installed successfully, sd card reformatted, all that noise but still nothing.

excalibur458

Dec 9, 2008
It doesnt crash for me but it wont recognize my phone. Then again the normal kies wont either. The drivers all installed successfully, sd card reformatted, all that noise but still nothing.

You need to have TouchWiz on and have it set to use Kies on USB connect (didn't work for me when I had it set to ask on connect).

Also for me it only works on the USB ports on my Mobo and not on the ones on the front of my case, so that would be something to try if it still doesn't work.

devonr

Aug 3, 2010
Kies mini just gave me the UCJH7 update!

I had tried everything to get the OTA update including Odin flash back to stock out of the box and could not get past 50% on reboot without the "Update is FAIL" message. Tried over and over then notices the Kies mini post here.

Downloaded Kies mini and they gave me the UCJH7 Update! Couple screenshots below. Very excited to see how this performs.

kies-mini-1.jpg

kies-mini-2.jpg

rajendra82

Jul 17, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Who the hell writes all this ****ty software at Samsung? The Samsung CEO can look good to his shareholders overnight by firing them all. Kies, Touchwiz, RFS, and the JF6 to JH7 updater; what will they think of next?

Mantu13

Aug 25, 2010
Chandler
Maybe you need to register it with Samsung for the warranty thing to be able to use it with mini Kies program.

Thanks for the reply. I registered it with samsungs website but that didn't seem to help at all. I guess I'll try flashing back to stock with odin to see if that takes care of the issue? It says "firmware version: unregistered device"

EDIT: Appears to be related to the issues I had with the OTA update failing. Once I flashed stock with odin, it's now working properly and updated to JH7. unfortunately the gps still seems to not be working. :/

Last edited:

rajendra82

Jul 17, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I had tried everything to get the OTA update including Odin flash back to stock out of the box and could not get past 50% on reboot without the "Update is FAIL" message. Tried over and over then notices the Kies mini post here.

Downloaded Kies mini and they gave me the UCJH7 Update! Couple screenshots below. Very excited to see how this performs.

kies-mini-1.jpg

kies-mini-2.jpg

Has it gone past 1% to 50% before failing yet?

born_fisherman

Jul 28, 2010
I've tried everything to get this Mini Kies working (removing "big brother kies") deleting registry, uninstalling drivers, yadda yadda, running as admin, windows compatibility mode..) Still it keeps crashing once I plug the phone in.

So maybe its the phone?? :) I reinstalled the newest Kies and said F it.

Why hasn't Samsung made an announcement? Seems like we are on our owns here.. Samsung is a very large corporation and I'm surprised they haven't come out of the wood-works. Crazy.

Krad

Aug 8, 2008
I think they are gearing up for something big with this release.

I also think they borked the fota in the phone and are now recommending the desktop install

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk