Update coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hallstevenson

Feb 7, 2010
Germantown OH
Geez, I never looked that close.... they really do have it set for a minute before midnight ! Why not just say on 5/11 ?? :D

On the other hand, they make some users suffer by saying "5/10" and hope they ignore or not catch the time indicated as well !

mi7chy

Oct 26, 2008
Just got the OTA update alert but postponed it an hour. I hope they fixed the random reboot that I was getting with the leak.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Anyone know if the leak is identical to the ota or not? I really wanna know if I should try to get take the ota or not hehe.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dblkspecial

Apr 27, 2011
I'm running stock n all I did was flash stock recovery via boot loader then download n install the ota, then flash cwm recovery via bootloader then flash the su zip then boom rooted ota

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I'm on a ROM with the leaked version so ill have to flash the previous stock version via bootloader (ruu).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

wowcostica

May 17, 2012
update failure

Hi, sorry if this is wrong area, first time posting, and yes I attempted to search all the thunderbolt forums firstt. I'm assuming my phone recieved an update while I was asleep (or tried) and I had already rooted and was on revolutionary cwm v4.0.1.4 or so it states in the hboot screen. I am stuck on a boot loop with a caution icon, if i go to hboot it states,

"opening update package..
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installatioin aborted
init.svc.recovery= running"

reboot only leads to again an attempt update and fail, any help is appreciated, or link to related problems with solutions. Thanks in advance.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Try flashing cwm in the bootloader. If that doesn't work then flash a new ruu.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

intender

Jun 11, 2010
Put your sd card in a computer and delete the update. It might boot normal then. But if not, As long as your not seeing s-on in the hboot screen you should be able to recover easily.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

wowcostica

May 17, 2012
Just running rooted stock, i actually wiped the cache, rebooted, and it then it asked about update, i said no, and since then im good to go... for now.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
Just running rooted stock, i actually wiped the cache, rebooted, and it then it asked about update, i said no, and since then im good to go... for now.

You can use root explorer and navigate to the "etc" folder and find the otacerts.zip and add .bak to it and that should keep it from trying to update again. Just had to do that on my wife's bolt.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012
What do you mean delayed heavily? It was announced not too long ago, and given no eta, so how can it be delayed?

Ice been out since October so whybdo we have to wait 9 months now.jellybran should be out soon so who really care about ics when jellybean will be.out so soon. But then won't.let us.have that one...

rabnud

Oct 28, 2008
As much as I'd like ICS, I don't mind waiting for a polished product. I laugh when people cry about "delays" and what not. HTC didn't originally give an eta, they are working on ICS for a variety of devices. It makes more sense for them to place priority on future devices and ones they currently sell. Thunderbolt is already past end of life, the fact that we are getting it at all is awesome.

Google_Nexus

Apr 12, 2012
As much as I'd like ICS, I don't mind waiting for a polished product. I laugh when people cry about "delays" and what not. HTC didn't originally give an eta, they are working on ICS for a variety of devices. It makes more sense for them to place priority on future devices and ones they currently sell. Thunderbolt is already past end of life, the fact that we are getting it at all is awesome.

I wold never call any ota polished. Hello the devs here can b slap around any ota....

droiddog

Dec 3, 2010
Orange County, CA

It maybe past their end life, but if you're stuck with a crappy 2 year contract they should keep the phone up to date at least through that time period if not beyond. I don't know any other industry where people are satisfied with less than one year support for premium products. This was a $700+ phone unsubsidized.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't mind waiting either, because I'm stuck on this phone for now(although I am strongly debating switching to sprint and grabbing an Evo LTE). I have never used a stock rom since I rooted, and it will stay that way. I'm waiting on a custom ICS rom such as CM9 or AOKP, so an OTA release doesn't mean much for me aside from a RIL that developers can work from to start making fully functional roms.
    I think we're done here. :)