[ROM] [ODIN] [JB] [4.1.2] Official AT&T Jellybean Update UCMC1

Search This thread

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I downloaded the file and went through odin and when it got done with andy and the status bar it booted up but it is stuck on the AT&T globe. I made sure the file was finished writing from odin when I unplugged my phone.

WTF is wrong here? I even went back and tried to reload ICS through odin but it is stuck there also. I did not install the recovery for it yet for JB. Is that something I should try and clear everything out and try again?

Your help is appreciated, and thanks.

Jeff

Factory reset in recovery will get you post the boot loop. You backed up, right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

catchjeff

Dec 21, 2011
yup did a back up of course.

Will try factory reset and will report back. Sure hope this works before 5 pm when I have to leave work. No internet at home to help out with this prob.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Cool, did factory reset after going back to ICS and it is up and running just fine. Now I will try JB again and see what I get again. Now that I know how to fix it I should be ok on this end. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Thanks button will be tapped.

Zeebz

Feb 19, 2011
Michigan
yup did a back up of course.

Will try factory reset and will report back. Sure hope this works before 5 pm when I have to leave work. No internet at home to help out with this prob.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Cool, did factory reset after going back to ICS and it is up and running just fine. Now I will try JB again and see what I get again. Now that I know how to fix it I should be ok on this end. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Thanks button will be tapped.

FYI for anyone who forgets to backup and gets a bootloop... remove your battery and reboot the phone into Download Mode and flash a recovery .tar file through Odin, then boot into recovery and Factory Reset x3, Wipe Cache x3 and Clear Dalvik x3.

Dracarnion

Apr 3, 2012
Belmont
www.roperband.com
Not sure what the DPI is, but things are large. The clock and the AT&T symbol in my notification bar take up so much space and I cant remove them. I'm also looking forward to modifications made on this stock rom.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Thank you for the info! I'm on Embryo 5.4 at the moment (after flashing pretty much everything that moves for the skyrocket and finding that ICS is the most stable platform for my uses so far) I liked the stock UCLF6 but enjoy the extra customizations embryo gives me (plus the OC'ing)

I think I'll NAND and give this a whirl and see if I can get my ~500M free ram environment that I'm enjoying so much :D
I can't wait to see what comes out based on this release... Thank God the SkyRocket isn't a dev deadend!

What is the DPI setting for this rom? The default 240?

Thanks again for the info

Not sure what the DPI is, but things are large. The clock and the AT&T symbol in my notification bar take up so much space and I cant remove them. I'm also looking forward to modifications made on this stock rom.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
FYI for anyone who forgets to backup and gets a bootloop... remove your battery and reboot the phone into Download Mode and flash a recovery .tar file through Odin, then boot into recovery and Factory Reset x3, Wipe Cache x3 and Clear Dalvik x3.

You don't know what you're talking about! You don't have to flash anything with Odin. Just boot into recovery and do a factory reset

Reactions: fonuza

mahanddeem

Nov 13, 2011
Thanks OP...This rom flashed and works beautifully...
What I always do is format everything(system, data, cache) before booting to download mode, then use ODIN to flash the tar..Never had a bootloop before..

Reactions: netarc

Zeebz

Feb 19, 2011
Michigan
You don't know what you're talking about! You don't have to flash anything with Odin. Just boot into recovery and do a factory reset

What ARE YOU talking about!? Pretty sure it states in the OP to flash the ROM through Odin. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
What ARE YOU talking about!? Pretty sure it states in the OP to flash the ROM through Odin. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

You flash the tar in Odin. You don't have to flash any recoveries. You do know stock roms have a stock recovery, right

Zeebz

Feb 19, 2011
Michigan
You flash the tar in Odin. You don't have to flash any recoveries. You do know stock roms have a stock recovery, right

Yes, but the recovery is very basic. You can't wipe data/factory reset, clear cache or dalvik. At least not in the ICS recovery that comes with stock 4.0.4

You can flash from the recovery I think, but I was saying in the case that you don't have the .zip for TWRP/CWM on your SD card (I usually delete them after I flash everything) if you forget to wipe everything before going back to stock and are stuck in a boot loop you can reboot the phone in D/L mode and flash a .tar for TWRP/CWM which will allow you to boot into a recovery that will enable you to wipe things.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Son, you can do a factory reset in the stock recovery and if you get in a boot loop flashing the stock rom that's all you need to do to get out of it. Works every time.

Firreath

Jun 17, 2012
Starting at 91% my battery lasted better then it use to.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365647291328.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365647291328.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 425
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365647301904.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365647301904.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
Day 1 of battery life for me after removing all the evil AT&T Bloat and the horrible AT&T Address Book I'm 8 hrs in with 85% Remaining so I'm pretty impressed with battery life, Even better than the Official Rogers JB I've been running though the Rogers Rom had 99% Less BLOAT

Just as other posters said if you have a Bootloop post Flashing the Rom

1. Pull the Battery
2. Hold down Power and Both Volume Buttons to get into the stock recovery that was flashed with the Rom
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset 3 Times, Wipe Cache 3 Times, and Wipe Dalvik Cache 3 Times and Reboot and it will work, it takes the Rom about 5-10 Mins to Settle after being installed so be patient.

As far as Improvements go the updated touchwiz is alright but I wish it would of come with the Galaxy S3 Wallpapers Stock like the Rogers Release did, though I just went straight to Apex after about 5 mins lol
No it doesn't have Multi-Window, while it would of been neat I don't think it's not huge not having it and who knows maybe the devs will port it or we will get really like and in the future Cyanogenmod or the other teams will come up with their own

Reactions: netarc

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Flash process is a waste of time. Flash tar, factory reset, profit

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bacheezy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official Jellybean is Finally Here for the Skyrocket!
    Quotes From AT&T
    Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
    - Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
    - Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
    - TouchWiz Nature UX
    - Samsung’s S Cloud services
    - Improved Camera features
    - New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
    - New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
    - New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
    - 2 Home screen modes
    - New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
    - Google Now
    - STOCK and not Debloated so beware

Main Differences From Rogers Release
    The Rogers Release Has
    * Only One Carrier App – Rogers My Account
    * RAT Unrestricted Radio that lets you select GSM/WCDMA/LTE, GSM/WCDMA, GSM, WCDMA
    * Same Stock Wallpapers that are used in the Galaxy S III
    * 3 Shortcuts for Apps on the Lockscreen

Compatible with UCLL3 and Rogers JB RUXUMAY7 Radio's

Information about the firmware:
    Android 4.1.2
    PDA I727UCMC1
    CSC I727ATTMC1

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/202308505/636f364/I727UCMC1_I727ATTMC1_XXX.zip.html

For Mohan's Odexed/De-Odexed Version that can be installed from CWM or TWRP Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2228486

Install with ODIN 3.0.7

Thanks to Crackerpie for the Upload to hotfile and to Samsung for making the firmware but make sure to Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache Prior to using the ODIN Tool to Avoid Bootloop

Prerequisites
    Make a Full backup of your Data before attempting
    Make Sure you have at least 50% Battery
    Make Sure you have a Good Condition USB Cable
    If Flashing From a Official ROM like the AT&T ICS
    If you coming from a Custom Rom (ie CM10.1/AOKP/Embryo) it's best practice to Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache to avoid bootloop

How to Install:
    1. Download and unzip the file
    2. Download and unzip ODIN
    3. Turn Off the device and go to download by pressing and hold volume down + home button and the press the power button until the boot screen shows up.
    4. Open Odin and connect your phone with your computer, it should be in download mode when you connect it with odin
    5. Once your device is successfully connect of the odin port will go blue.
    6. Click on ‘PDA’ and select file KIES_HOME_I727UCMC1_I727ATTMC1_844945_REV02_user_low_ship.tar
    7. In Odin select ‘Auto Reboot' and 'Reset Time', Make sure no other boxes are checked
    8. Now click the start button in Odin and let the installation process to start.
    9. After installation is complete, your phone will restart when you see this unplug the phone from PC

In the Event you get a Bootloop After Flashing
    1. Pull the Battery
    2. Hold down Power and Both Volume Buttons to get into the stock recovery that was flashed with the Rom
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset 3 Times, Wipe Cache 3 Times, and Wipe Dalvik Cache 3 Times and Reboot and it will work, it takes the Rom about 5-10 Mins to Settle after being installed so be patient.

To Root This Rom:
    1. Download the latest TWRP Recovery Tar here
    2. Open ODIN and click PDA and select the TWRP Tar and flash it
    3. Download the latest SuperSU 1.25 From here
    4. And Flash in TWRP and Boom your Rooted

Once you use Titanium Backup on it it's not a bad Rom but a I know once Mohan has a release it will really start to kick ass for someome who want's a stock based rom
    ENOUGH with the smart ass answers
    Either answer someone's question, ignore them or report them for spamming
    I have zero tolerance for harassing new members
    Read the rules on that one!
    Either politely guide them to the correct answer/means of getting it
    Or do not respond
    This is the only warning you will see on this
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Anyone get the Device Managerment message today? "Connecting to DM Server..." I can't get rid of it and it persists even after rebooting the phone. If I go to Software Update, it shows the same message, but doesn't proceed from there.

After installing widgetlocker to get the same functionality on the lock screen I had on slim bean (circle with shortcuts to apps) and a few other things, but RAM usage is up to 632MB, which seems high! Granted, I have facebook, exchange email and a live wallpaper, this still seems pretty high. Since I don't use the pop-up video very much (I wish it worked with Netflix or Xfinity.tv), I'm wondering if I should flash back to slimbean. I'm not really seeing any big benefits of the stock rom, except really for the calendar which I think is much nicer than I've used on android.

Am I missing something?:confused:

There's nothing wrong with a bunch of memory being consumed, in fact, it's a good thing. Consider this .. wouldn't you prefer to have things load from RAM than from storage? It makes things faster. Android is optimized in this regard, keeps things in memory that you use the most so the system is snappier. It'll dump things out of memory as it needs do.

Think about it. Why do you care how much memory is being used as long as the device performs well? It is there so it can be used ...

This line of thought also leads to the belief that task killers, app killers, etc are a good thing for your device when it is quite the opposite. Let android do its job the way it needs to do it's job, so that it functions as intended. Start mucking around with task killers and memory killers, you are highly likely to see negative results.

Edit ...

Search, read, educate.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care
    Don't forget the bloat and spyware included.

Starting at 91% my battery lasted forever. Jelly bean is so amazing now that its finally official.

That's not forever at all and far from impressive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2