HELP Razr M stuck on Reboot

Search This thread

amokima

Jun 28, 2014
My Razr M was a bit sluggish so I restarted it. Now it's stuck on the screen with the pulsating Motorola logo. I can reboot using the power & volume keys but that's it. It will not turn off. I can't get it to the system recovery options. It is not rooted.

I just bought a new phone so it's not the end of the world, but I was still have a few files that I need to transfer from my Razr M. I can't get access to the phones' memory buy connecting it to my PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated & rewarded with cookies.

Ta

Amo

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
If it's not a hardware issue, you could reflash the operating system without deleting your userdata partition. App settings etc. might get deleted tough.

You'll need RSD Lite and your firmware version from here. Extract it, and delete the line which erases the userdata and just to avoid problems also delete any lines that contain "GetVar", "var" or "oem" Don't forget to save the changes.

Go into fastboot mode first:
Turn off or reset your phone first by pressing and holding Volume-up + Volume-down + power for a few seconds until your phone switches into “Boot Mode Selection Menu”, scroll down with Volume-down to highlight “AP Fastboot“ then press Volume-up to select it, you will get into ”AP Fastboot Flash Mode“.
then open RSD Lite, select your modified XML file and flash by clicking "Start".

amokima

Jun 28, 2014
No sure what my firmware is other than JB. I'm also in Australia. Those firmwares all say US, does that make a difference?

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
Have you attempted to boot into the stock recovery?

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
So you flashed the system and it still doesn't boot properly?

Maybe there's something wrong with the userdata (but rather unlikely). The last chance would be to erase this partition too (leaving the appropriate line in the XML). If it's still bricked after it, then it's a hardware issue.

amokima

Jun 28, 2014
I put the firmware on an SDcard & put the card in the Phone. That's as far as the process will go. Nothing else will happen.

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
I believe the stock recovery cannot install images from SD cards. So that won't work.

amokima

Jun 28, 2014
There's no other way to get anything on the phone. When I try & connect it to the computer via USB nothing happens.

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
It has to. You wouldn't see the Moto logo otherwise. Press and hold Power and both Volume buttons, wait until the phone resets (and a few more seconds) and then release just the Power button. You should see the options menu, where you can select fastboot (or even just recovery as poppers162 suggested).

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
It has to.... If that didnt do it. Hold vol down + power for ten seconds once you see the screen flicker hold vol down + vol up... Then select which ever option you need...or if its rebooting over and over then just hold vol up + vol down and wait on the reboot

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app