Root able to every be achieved?

Search This thread

photolarry

Jan 17, 2010
Los Angeles CA
I've posted this is dev threads but they claim it belongs here. So my question is:
I know that SM-G955U is locked and bootloader prevents Odin from flashing anything. I'm told there was eventually workaround for S7 but it was unstable and not to do it. So I'm asking if this engineering kennel will be built and if it's worth risk of using it by flashing with modified Odin. I've read how many brick their phone in the process. So I'm looking for experience from others. I don't plan on doing anything for a while. There isn't any tool now anyhow.

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I've posted this is dev threads but they claim it belongs here. So my question is:
I know that SM-G955U is locked and bootloader prevents Odin from flashing anything. I'm told there was eventually workaround for S7 but it was unstable and not to do it. So I'm asking if this engineering kennel will be built and if it's worth risk of using it by flashing with modified Odin. I've read how many brick their phone in the process. So I'm looking for experience from others. I don't plan on doing anything for a while. There isn't any tool now anyhow.
Because that section is for software releases, not questions. Also this stuff can't be predicted, because it happened on a previous generation doesn't mean it will happen again. If you read proper threads people already got their hands on eng boot but it does not contain what is necessary for root.

Saiint7

Aug 19, 2012
I have it on my s7 edge and boy does it chop the battery life and performance in half. If I opt to get an s8 this year it will be the unlocked version for sure.