S5 not refreshing phone service

Search This thread

blackwrx02

May 3, 2006
Seems like the past week my phone hasn't been refreshing or searching for signal. Our local grocery store has no service. When I leave, I don't get service back unless I toggle airplane mode. Happened again this morning on the way to work. only 1 bar all the way to work, passed numerous cell sites (25 mile one way trip). Airplane mode toggle again fixed it.

Anyone else having this issue? Seems to handle wi-fi scanning ok.

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
Seems like the past week my phone hasn't been refreshing or searching for signal. Our local grocery store has no service. When I leave, I don't get service back unless I toggle airplane mode. Happened again this morning on the way to work. only 1 bar all the way to work, passed numerous cell sites (25 mile one way trip). Airplane mode toggle again fixed it.

My wife on her S5 had similar problem. I went to At&t store and talk to manager. He told me to try new sim with secure element. Since card was free i did change. My wife told me she got no problem now at all. In my S5 i had card with secure element and never had problem like this. Can this phone works better with this cards, maybe or this is just co-accident.

Reactions: blackwrx02

blackwrx02

May 3, 2006
Thanks for the info Norbarb. I do have the SIM from my S3 and not the updated one the phone came with. Maybe I'll swing by the store today and see if a swap helps things out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My wife on her S5 had similar problem. I went to At&t store and talk to manager. He told me to try new sim with secure element. Since card was free i did change. My wife told me she got no problem now at all. In my S5 i had card with secure element and never had problem like this. Can this phone works better with this cards, maybe or this is just co-accident.