[App] Samachar - Indian News app and more

Search This thread

Kapiljhajhria

May 3, 2011
gurgaon
Hello my fellow XDA members.

I have been learning how to build apps and lots of other stuff to become android developer. i am not quite there yet but i have finally created my first app with an online service.

>Its a simple NEWS App which doesn't consumes lot of battery. and you can even configure it to make that light battery usage almost nil
>it is currently made for INDIAN users as it has sources of different Indian news papers and television channels.
>I am new to all this and still have lot to learn so expect some mistakes from my part but no bugs.( i hope so :) )
>Consider this app as BETA

>app will be available only through XDA and its facebook page. so if you are not a regular visiter of XDA go ahead and like Samachar Facebook page for updates.
I don't have play store developer account to publish it on Google play store at the moment.

Screenshots

jtbZNUYl.png
WLxACvel.png

tr6NiO3l.png
bipHKE4l.png

gZNSjkhl.png
UvQgmfLl.png

To Do
>add more sources and themes for the app
>publish the app on playstore as soon as possible
>Make a guide for my other fellow XDA members so that they can make such app for their own use and share it here (Subscirbe to my youtube channel for the upcoming video guide)
I will also make a thread here at XDA.
> Add custom icons for the different sources in the app
>if you want to make an app like this for your country or city and you can't wait for the guide which i will make in a week or two(maybe even lesser time), you can PM me or post here. i will help you out.

Click here if you think this app is news worthy
And/Or
Hit thanks
And/Or
Donate using the link in my profile or directly through paypal jhajhria.kapil@gmail.com

Attachments

• Samachar_v1.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 263
Last edited:

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Congrats

That doesn't look like an alpha/beta version app ;)
Its beautiful.
Downloading now and will post my review soon.
Good luck !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello my fellow XDA members.

I have been learning how to build apps and lots of other stuff to become android developer. i am not quite there yet but i have finally created my first app with an online service.

>Its a simple NEWS App which doesn't consumes lot of battery. and you can even configure it to make that light battery usage almost nil
    >it is currently made for INDIAN users as it has sources of different Indian news papers and television channels.
    >I am new to all this and still have lot to learn so expect some mistakes from my part but no bugs.( i hope so :) )
    >Consider this app as BETA

>app will be available only through XDA and its facebook page. so if you are not a regular visiter of XDA go ahead and like Samachar Facebook page for updates.
    I don't have play store developer account to publish it on Google play store at the moment.

Screenshots

jtbZNUYl.png
    WLxACvel.png

tr6NiO3l.png
    bipHKE4l.png

gZNSjkhl.png
    UvQgmfLl.png

To Do
    >add more sources and themes for the app
    >publish the app on playstore as soon as possible
    >Make a guide for my other fellow XDA members so that they can make such app for their own use and share it here (Subscirbe to my youtube channel for the upcoming video guide)
    I will also make a thread here at XDA.
    > Add custom icons for the different sources in the app
    >if you want to make an app like this for your country or city and you can't wait for the guide which i will make in a week or two(maybe even lesser time), you can PM me or post here. i will help you out.

Click here if you think this app is news worthy
    And/Or
    Hit thanks
    And/Or
    Donate using the link in my profile or directly through paypal jhajhria.kapil@gmail.com