Need help with replacing LCD and touch screen

Search This thread

gbL420

Jan 14, 2011
south jersey
I need help replacing the LCD and touch screen, i ordered a replacement LCD and touch screen from ebay but it only came with the pry tool not any screw drivers, i have my own but they dont seem to fit not even the smallest bit. if someone has tried this please help me out or if another samsung phone is similar link me, thanks

IMAG0029.jpg

the cracks are on the LCD panel, not plastic layer

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
I need help replacing the LCD and touch screen, i ordered a replacement LCD and touch screen from ebay but it only came with the pry tool not any screw drivers, i have my own but they dont seem to fit not even the smallest bit. if someone has tried this please help me out or if another samsung phone is similar link me, thanks

get the replacment screen first, see what's included. it should be pretty east. the infuse comes apart pretty straitforward. just six screws a lot of prying. i didnt do a screen repacement so im not sure of everything. i just took it apart for s's&g's.

get a "precision scredriver set" or the little screwdriver for an eye glass repair set.

also you got all you nomenclature wrong. the infuse doesnt have an lcd. it uses amoled technology(samoled+). and the protective glass is just that. glass, garilla glass from corning to be precise. but you could call the amoled screen a tft (thin film transistor) i believe. not positive but i think tft applies to lcd as well as amoled

Last edited:
O

Optimus-Prime

i think what your going to need here is to heat up the from of the phone to get the screen to separate from the body of the phone. i looks like it is set up like the iPhone, glued to the frame. so if you see glue while prying it just heat it up real good then just separate it.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
i think what your going to need here is to heat up the from of the phone to get the screen to separate from the body of the phone. i looks like it is set up like the iPhone, glued to the frame. so if you see glue while prying it just heat it up real good then just separate it.

not sure bit most replacement screens I've seen for.Samsung phones have a lot more than the Tft. I don't think he'll need to separate the glass. but I guess that all depends on the screen he buys.

other than maybe for glass removal no glue is used that I can see. it is a pain to pry apart but it is not easy to break the plastic either. Samsung uses some tough plastics. a lot tougher than what HTC uses.

t0mmyr

Sep 14, 2007
Southern California
FARK! so i just f'ed up an infuse, we ordered the outer glass and back casing from china, it came today, and when i went to disassemble the infuse i found out the hard way that the digitizer was glued to the glass, not just around it but entirely, upon pulling it out the bottom (actual lcd) cracked :( the outer glass was already in glass shards and peices so i couldnt cleanly separate the glass from the digitizer, everything just went to hell, i tried putting it back together as it was functional before with just a cracked screen but now nothing comes up on the screen, sounds and vibration work but we cant answer phone calls :( wasted $40 to china and now have to get a complete top assembly to repair this phone :( :(

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Bro's...Dudes...:D

http://youtu.be/MZI6d59ufSc

YouTube is another awesome way to utilized for a reference....I YouTube how to replace a screen and watch that sucker till the wife literally pass out...she fell asleep while I played and replayed...til my mouse clicker broke...LOL

True Story...

BTW that pic of your phone sreen...OUCH...:eek:

Ballistic Case...:D on mine...

Last edited:

hollywood528

Nov 6, 2010
San Diego, CA

YouTube is another awesome way to utilized for a reference....I YouTube how to replace a screen and watch that sucker till the wife literally pass out...she fell asleep while I played and replayed...til my mouse clicker broke...LOL

True Story...

+1
Watch those Youtube videos over and over until you have the process down, and even watch and pause the video as you follow actually doing it. Ive done this with the iPhone HTC Aria and a couple other ones.. never had to with my Infuse.
I always have my Otterbox case on! Dropped TWO stories off a big metal forging machine at my work... phone still works great! True story!

How do you like your ballistic case? I just ordered one for my friends LG Nitro because the otterbox isn't available for it yet..
Looks to be around the same price.. but might have a little more protection... and the option of running it without the outside rubber case.... that might be a nice option for when I am not at work....

I love my Otterbox... but sometimes its just to f****** bulky!

erik111111

Aug 7, 2011
Louisville

Just spoke with Samsung at 1-888-987-4357.

They will repair for $155.

Seems like the way to go if needing repair.

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville

True Story...

Ballistic case the best for this phone but still no match for a 3,000 lb car mine was similar but worse

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

erik111111

Aug 7, 2011
Louisville
Well, then you would lose the bet

Hell no....I bet you don't fix **** around the house yourself

You would lose the bet. I fix stuff in my home, I repair my own car, I replaced the outer housing on my Infuse, etc.

I just am smart enough to investigate what a repair entails, what it will cost, what the options are and how to do it before I start a project.

The ebay screens and digitizers are typically more expensive then having samsung do it. And while I think I could replace the screen/digitizer why would I take the chance of screwing it up AND pay more when Samsung will do it cheaper????

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
You would lose the bet. I fix stuff in my home, I repair my own car, I replaced the outer housing on my Infuse, etc.

I just am smart enough to investigate what a repair entails, what it will cost, what the options are and how to do it before I start a project.

The ebay screens and digitizers are typically more expensive then having samsung do it. And while I think I could replace the screen/digitizer why would I take the chance of screwing it up AND pay more when Samsung will do it cheaper????

I miss understood you.. your saying Samsung will replace it for 155 is that parts included?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

True Story...

+1
    Watch those Youtube videos over and over until you have the process down, and even watch and pause the video as you follow actually doing it. Ive done this with the iPhone HTC Aria and a couple other ones.. never had to with my Infuse.
    I always have my Otterbox case on! Dropped TWO stories off a big metal forging machine at my work... phone still works great! True story!

How do you like your ballistic case? I just ordered one for my friends LG Nitro because the otterbox isn't available for it yet..
    Looks to be around the same price.. but might have a little more protection... and the option of running it without the outside rubber case.... that might be a nice option for when I am not at work....

I love my Otterbox... but sometimes its just to f****** bulky!
    Jk....I ran my own phone over with my car the phone worked received calls and text I could hear it but couldn't see ****.....screen replacements suck

Wow your right that is really good. The screen is 170 by itself roughly

Yeah. See this link another guy did it too. The link includes the samsung number to call........

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-samsung-infuse/166145-infuse-4g-cracked-screen.html