[Q] TW to AOSP TiBU SMS/MMS question

Search This thread

tarigand

Jun 2, 2011
I did a search and was unable to find a solution to my current situation. I am moving from a TW rom to an AOSP rom and want to move my SMS/MMS messages over. I did a TiBU of the "Dialer Storage 4.1.1 -I53...LK3 (SMS/MMS/APN)" from the TW rom and tried to restore that to the AOSP rom with no luck. The messaging app FC's on the AOSP rom and I just can't seem to get TiBU to work for restoring my SMS/MMS messages. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ricupg

Jul 28, 2010
I did a search and was unable to find a solution to my current situation. I am moving from a TW rom to an AOSP rom and want to move my SMS/MMS messages over. I did a TiBU of the "Dialer Storage 4.1.1 -I53...LK3 (SMS/MMS/APN)" from the TW rom and tried to restore that to the AOSP rom with no luck. The messaging app FC's on the AOSP rom and I just can't seem to get TiBU to work for restoring my SMS/MMS messages. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Not sure if it's the donate version or not, but TiBU gives you the option to save the message in xml format, which I think the format is more compatible. Not positive it's going to work, but it's an option.

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009

Thanks.

You should have backed up the yellow pieces that say SMS/MMS and Call logs. Your best bet is to go back to the TW rom, back up the yellow pieces, flash the AOSP rom and then restore.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

kyls2010

Jan 25, 2013
Buckley
When I flash roms

When I flash different roms, I use an app called SMS Backup & Restore, because it writes an XML file to my sd card (I have to go to preferences and set the backup location to ExtStorage). I haven't had this fail on me yet, and I constantly switch between TW and AOSP roms.

sfetaz

Sep 6, 2007
When using titanium back, with the xml sms and call backup options, and restored from touch wiz to aosp, i noticed a problem where the call log would be stuck at the last restored call, and no new calls were being logged. I may have had a similar issue with the sms xml restore but cant remember. I eventually decided to just not restore either and start fresh. If i ever truly need those tw call logs and texts for some reason I have a tw nandroid from that time still.

Sent from my unlocked VZW Galaxy S3