●●● MASSIVE UPDATE ●●● Google Search 3.1.8 ●●● Brings Google Experience Launcher

Search This thread

unque1

Apr 22, 2007
Anyone know how to get the 'okay Google' function working

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

It's working now just like magic

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

adamlayzell69

Oct 8, 2008
Huddersfield
Got it working.

Ok got it sussed. You have to install offline speech recognition as English US and then set language at the top of the voice menu to English US. (Both options are in the "voice" tab.) For some reason it wont work with English UK. You will find that you now get the "hotword detection" appear in the menu. It will only work for me when im in Google now even though i have installed GEL launcher, so i have got rid of that and Instead i have set it to "listen" when i swipe down on any home screen using Sense 5 toolbox in Xposed installer. Works a treat and doesn't rinse the battery either. Hope that helps.:D

orlaxl

May 16, 2013
Copenhagen
You can install "App Settings" from Xposed. In that app you can set Language for specific apps.. Set Google Search language to English (US) and OK Google" and the new cards will work. Even thou the phone language is set to Danish (for me)..

Reactions: fokus

rrahul963

Feb 22, 2011
Notifictaion bar is not transparent

Hi Guys,

I installed GEL and everything is working fine except the transparent notification bar.

Can someone confirm if its a bug?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ●●● MASSIVE UPDATE ●●● Google Search 3.1.8 ●●● Brings Google Experience Launcher

com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.png

Google Search - Latest Update

v3.1.8

Changes:
    • It officially brings Search version 3 (3.1.8 to be exact) that shipped in KitKat to all devices running 4.1+. This includes an updated UI, new refresh animation, among other things.
    • Because Search houses the Google Experience Launcher (GEL) inside, this update also brings GEL to all devices running Android 4.1+. All you need to do after installing Search 3.1.8 is install the launcher app from here, and voila - GEL for all, not just KitKat devices. I have it running on 4.1, 4.3, and 4.4 on both phones and tablets, and it finally looks perfect.
    • As I mentioned above, 3.1.8 completely fixes the wonky GEL layout on tablets. As you may have seen yesterday, several things on the Nexus 7, for example, were out of whack - the keyboard was popping when you tapped Home, the icons were old, and the Search box was off-center. All fixed.
    • Remember: GEL does support transparency in the navigation and status bars, but you need KitKat for that to work. And Google disabled it system-wide on the Nexus 10.
    • New cards:
      Website update card
      News topic card
      What to watch card
    • Traffic incidents using Waze on maps.
    • Recurring reminders.
    • Real-time scores for rugby teams
    • See when your packages are ready for in-store pickup.
    • You can now bring back dismissed cards by pressing Undo.

Download

The APK is signed by Google and upgrades your existing app. The cryptographic signature guarantees that the file is safe to install and was not tampered with in any way. Rather than wait for Google to push this download to your devices, which can take days, download and install it just like any other APK.

File name: com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-3.1.8.914827.arm.apk.
    Version: 3.1.8 (Android 4.1+).
    MD5: dea923f514f59ac6d040401bd00d1209.

mirror #1
    mirror #2

Once again, if you want GEL to work, install the launcher helper APK from here.

↙ Please hit the
    thanksbutton.jpg
    button
    So we don't have to scroll through pages of "Thanks" posts. Fulfill its purpose :angel:
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Source: Android Police●●
    Goody gum drops :good:
    Is it me or do we not get "okay, google" with the GEL for the htc one? Everything works flawlessly apart from that.

Works fine for me, but I'm on GPE 4.3 stock.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    You can install "App Settings" from Xposed. In that app you can set Language for specific apps.. Set Google Search language to English (US) and OK Google" and the new cards will work. Even thou the phone language is set to Danish (for me)..