771 posts
Thanks Meter: 623

By Raiderman, Senior Member on 20th November 2013, 03:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th November 2013, 05:05 PM |#101  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 836

More
Love love love what you have done here. It's beautiful. Question, I can't use framework-res and subsequently the secsettings.apk, I had to Odin 3 times before giving up on the framework. Have you ever thought about putting all this awesomeness into an Xtheme? Seems like it would be so much easier to apply and less risky, no?

27th November 2013, 06:27 PM |#102  
need odex
Well I can't Odin back to stock cause I'm on mj5 and currently don't have a gallery or settings. Can someone upload the gallery and settings .odex files from system / app folder. Hopefully that will get the apks visible and working again.
27th November 2013, 10:47 PM |#103  
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by impacta

Well I can't Odin back to stock cause I'm on mj5 and currently don't have a gallery or settings. Can someone upload the gallery and settings .odex files from system / app folder. Hopefully that will get the apks visible and working again.

These are from MI9. Don't know if they will help you or not.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gallery, settings odex.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.32 MB, 8 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Namolas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Namolas Ad-Free
27th November 2013, 11:05 PM |#104  
Flag washington
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:

Here are gallery apks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e44sb5ji5k...allery2013.apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/506z58d5kn...llery2013.odex

Here are the secsettings.apks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dewqb1t3e7...ecSettings.apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1agl79ssi0...cSettings.odex

I'm on mj5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisn91 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisn91 Ad-Free
28th November 2013, 01:04 AM |#105  
No dice guys. Thanks for he uploads though. I'm not sure what happened. Although now when I try to open settings from the menu button on my TW home screen, it force closes TW home. Still no icons for settings or gallery. I've done several factory restores also.
28th November 2013, 01:31 AM |#106  
Georgia
Thanks Meter: 940

More
Could it be the launcher?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th November 2013, 02:03 AM |#107  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bataga

Could it be the launcher?

Was thinking that also. So went to play store and got another launcher and when going to settings from there nothing happens at all. When I try to view photos I get an error like unable to find application to perform this action.
28th November 2013, 11:57 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nampa, ID USA
Thanks Meter: 623

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Was thinking that also. So went to play store and got another launcher and when going to settings from there nothing happens at all. When I try to view photos I get an error like unable to find application to perform this action.

Sounds like the apk's are corrupted. You have the actual icons when browsing for them with a file explorer? In /system/app, can you see the SeSettings icon? Or is it a little green android icon?

28th November 2013, 03:57 PM |#109  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 138

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Did you make sure to change back and odex files you may have changed as well?

28th November 2013, 05:52 PM |#110  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman

Sounds like the apk's are corrupted. You have the actual icons when browsing for them with a file explorer? In /system/app, can you see the SeSettings icon? Or is it a little green android icon?

Yea im using solid explorer. I can see the icons in the sys/app folder. The stock settings icon looks like a single gear while the modified one looks like 2 newer gears. Ive been swapping them out and factory resetting to see if it brings back my icons in the app drawer. Since I dont have settings I cant set to install from unknown sources. No framework for the moment. I still have root. And im using a third party app for my gallery.

As far as the odex files ive placed them back in the app folder. Basically my app folder looks stock except for the secmms and samsungime. Those are the modded apks that worked and I do t want to change them back 1) they look bad ass 2) im scared im going to screw something else up. I wish there was a mj5 file I could odin back to stock with.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Just looked through my app folder again. Not sjre if it has anything to do with my current problem, but does jobmanager and flashbarservice have odex files? Mine dont...I changed those back to my stock back ups also.
28th November 2013, 07:49 PM |#111  
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:

Yea im using solid explorer. I can see the icons in the sys/app folder. The stock settings icon looks like a single gear while the modified one looks like 2 newer gears. Ive been swapping them out and factory resetting to see if it brings back my icons in the app drawer. Since I dont have settings I cant set to install from unknown sources. No framework for the moment. I still have root. And im using a third party app for my gallery.

As far as the odex files ive placed them back in the app folder. Basically my app folder looks stock except for the secmms and samsungime. Those are the modded apks that worked and I do t want to change them back 1) they look bad ass 2) im scared im going to screw something else up. I wish there was a mj5 file I could odin back to stock with.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Just looked through my app folder again. Not sjre if it has anything to do with my current problem, but does jobmanager and flashbarservice have odex files? Mine dont...I changed those back to my stock back ups also.

Both FlashBarSerivce and JobManager DO have odex files on mine. MI9.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)