T-Mo Wing RUU for USA!!

Search This thread

1LLvj

May 30, 2009
Seattle
HardSPL done. still service provider locked

If you're trying to install a third part ROM, you need to HardSPL your phone.

Wow! Thank you for the uber-fast response! Very cool!

I used Aserg-Hard-Spl.4.70 Yan
I am able to flash ROMs that I was previous unable too, the ones that stopped @ 3% before. I now have flashed several versions with the same result...

I am still having the problem that when my AT&T SIM is inserted, it still asks for the service provider unlock no. Ran the Network Wizard [I assume it just sets up net info for GPRS/GPS, not unlock to desired SP]

I did notice on the ROM currently installed, 2 things of interest changed.
1. Radio version changed from 02.83.90 to 3.18.90
2. The IMEI changed ie; old IMEI+1. it used to be *I*M*E*I*01 now it is *I*M*E*I*02.

It seem like I am missing something simple here. I just haven't got it yet.

Thank you again for you patience and support. this device is so cool. I can't stand not being able to use it.... yet.

1LL

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Wow! Thank you for the uber-fast response! Very cool!

I used Aserg-Hard-Spl.4.70 Yan
I am able to flash ROMs that I was previous unable too, the ones that stopped @ 3% before. I now have flashed several versions with the same result...

I am still having the problem that when my AT&T SIM is inserted, it still asks for the service provider unlock no. Ran the Network Wizard [I assume it just sets up net info for GPRS/GPS, not unlock to desired SP]

I did notice on the ROM currently installed, 2 things of interest changed.
1. Radio version changed from 02.83.90 to 3.18.90
2. The IMEI changed ie; old IMEI+1. it used to be *I*M*E*I*01 now it is *I*M*E*I*02.

It seem like I am missing something simple here. I just haven't got it yet.

Thank you again for you patience and support. this device is so cool. I can't stand not being able to use it.... yet.

1LL

You can't flash back to a stock ROM after flashing a third party ROM through the normal means.
As far as your lock issue, if your phone isn't SIM unlocked, you'll get that problem. CID unlocking doesn't affect SIM unlocking.

guidobarbera

Jan 10, 2009
Enna
Mi spiace non sò come aiutarti, ma nel forum ci sono veramente degli esperti del settore troverai sicuramente chi ti dà una mano ciao.

meshuggah

Nov 12, 2007
SOFIA
Help needed

Hi,
Have only tree collour screen. No OS.
IPL 5.04.0001
SPL 5.04.0000
By flashing stops at 2%
What to do?

Thanks for any Idea

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Hi,
Have only tree collour screen. No OS.
IPL 5.04.0001
SPL 5.04.0000
By flashing stops at 2%
What to do?

Thanks for any Idea

It sounds like you're NOT hardSPL'd and you don't have a Tmobile Wing (since your SPL doesn't match either scenario.)
To flash a company's RUU you have to have the same phone as the company. You'll have to find the RUU for YOUR phone's company.

meshuggah

Nov 12, 2007
SOFIA
Yes,
I get wrong vendor ID if I try to flash, but I don't know how to fine out the Vendor?
Any Idea?

Thanks in advise
G.
It sounds like you're NOT hardSPL'd and you don't have a Tmobile Wing (since your SPL doesn't match either scenario.)
To flash a company's RUU you have to have the same phone as the company. You'll have to find the RUU for YOUR phone's company.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
Yes,
I get wrong vendor ID if I try to flash, but I don't know how to fine out the Vendor?
Any Idea?

Thanks in advise
G.

If your phone isn't a tmobile wing, you can't flash a tmobile wing RUU.
Your vendor is your phone's brand. Does it say HTC on it? If so, then it's an HTC.

jhunt11233

Jan 1, 2008
Original ROM from tmobile.com

I just saw original ROM updates from tmobile . com at

www . t-mobile.com / wmupgrade /

for almost all HTC phones you just need a valid t mobile pphone number and the IM number of the phone

good luck
janice

Cookiez-of-steel

Sep 30, 2010
I was absolutely certain my Wing was permanently bricked but I just got the official rom to load. If anyone has a problem where you get into the bootloader and start the RUU update process but the status bar only gets to 1% and then the Wing reboots this is what you should try:
when the device reboots to the splash screen and you hear the USB disconnect sound on your PC (looking as if the load failed) quickly press the camera button and the soft reset to enter the bootloader again before the RUU app on your PC displays a connection error. The load finished when I did this.

I must have tried to reload 8-9 times before I thought this was worth a shot.

I suggest you follow all of the instructions given by the experts here in the forums first but if you have the problem where:
1. the RUU load gets to ~1%
2. you then hear the USB disconnect sound on your PC
3. the Wing hangs on the splash screen
4. the RUU displays a connection error message and asks you to recover.
Then I would try this - otherwise be patient and wait for the rom to load.

U ROCK!!!!

mudokins

May 9, 2012
bucuresti
little help for hera 100

Please can you tell my the diference of the herald and hera 100[p4350]?
how i'now ef is branded or unbranded?
my rom is in spain lang.[i have hera100] how can i cange the rom in eng.? can i put the rom in eng by herald in hera100?
i need someting step by step
Regard to you my lord:(