2,140 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,027

By pengus77, Recognized Developer on 13th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2013, 12:03 PM |#981  
Flag Mushroom kingdom
Thanks Meter: 2,740

More
Some awesome new stuff going on here pengus, just read the last few pages and wow!
Surely, there must be some offer for you from LG to work on Optimus 8x now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerMuppet

Alright, here are the results:
ICS v30B Stock -> No Blue Screen of Death while charging with the phone off
ICS v30B Stock + Kowalski Kernel 010 -> No Blue Screen of Death while charging with the phone off
Pengus' CM10 + pengus-kernel-20130106 (the one bundled by default with his CM10) -> Blue Screen of Death with the phone off

So, it's either CM's fault or something with the kernel (or both). I don't really mind the bug as I generally charge my 2X using the wall charger (or while it's on), but I believe it's worth mentioning.

I can confirm too, that it is not related to the kernel.
Test env:
Bootloader: Old
ROM : Stock ICS v30b
Kernel: Kowalski 010-oldbl

No BSOD on windows with that test. If you try the first new bootloader build (20th Dec) where the stock kernel only integrates changes needed for new bootloader, maybe you can find out if it was caused by a change or commit between that and the latest build (in case it is working properly with that). If the problem exists with that too, then it is stock cm10 or new bl related, and not much can probably be done about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to rugglez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rugglez Ad-Free
26th January 2013, 12:07 PM |#982  
Flag Tetovo
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Re: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
Hi there pengus,i now it's off topic but i see strange issue, i use mobile network and when i am on 3g sometime doesnt have full coverage and goes to E and then cannot change back to 3g i must do manually switch, the other phones that i have like xperia arc or samsung galaxy s2 they change automatically what ise the problem if you can tell me.

Sent from Arc
26th January 2013, 01:28 PM |#983  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liti15

Hi there pengus,i now it's off topic but i see strange issue, i use mobile network and when i am on 3g sometime doesnt have full coverage and goes to E and then cannot change back to 3g i must do manually switch, the other phones that i have like xperia arc or samsung galaxy s2 they change automatically what ise the problem if you can tell me.

Sent from Arc

I think that is pure radio ril communication, maybe another baseband could help! How do you manually switch? I don't have that problem. Using v30a baseband, which matches the RIL of CM10. It's more rom related, you can better ask it in the topic of the rom you are using, if you need some serious analysis!
The Following User Says Thank You to x_justin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift x_justin Ad-Free
26th January 2013, 02:07 PM |#984  
Flag Tetovo
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_justin

I think that is pure radio ril communication, maybe another baseband could help! How do you manually switch? I don't have that problem. Using v30a baseband, which matches the RIL of CM10. It's more rom related, you can better ask it in the topic of the rom you are using, if you need some serious analysis!

Now i am using cm10 and is the same, i am using baseband v30a and it's anoyed bug

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
26th January 2013, 02:25 PM |#985  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 535

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liti15

Now i am using cm10 and is the same, i am using baseband v30a and it's anoyed bug

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

As justin said, this is BB/RIL related. Nothing to do with the kernel discussion going on here. Try changing your current baseband and see if it helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrummerMuppet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrummerMuppet Ad-Free
26th January 2013, 02:44 PM |#986  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 12

More
R: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomo90

I'm having a slight issue with wifi connection, and I think with mobile data as well. As you can see in the screenshot, connection goes from blue to grey and this happens quite often. If I'm not wrong this means its not connected to Google right? Also, many times my downloads will get interrupted and sometimes my whole wifi will get disconnected (just happened as I'm typing this around 8:57am). I'll attach a logcat and screenshot here.
http://db.tt/GPqHwvik

Edit: I've also flashed the dhcp update in post 2. Using tonyp's pa Rom. And this happened in the most recent kernel. Don't remember it happening in previous versions.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Probably because last tonyp rom came with 30a ril instead 28g which was in previous release.

Inviato dal mio A500 con Tapatalk 2
26th January 2013, 03:17 PM |#987  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Today is the day for new kernel release:P
26th January 2013, 03:36 PM |#988  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027

Donate to Me
More
Need a tester on the old boot loader asap... anyone ? please pm me

Update: got him, all fine. Thanks

Update of the update: seems all fine so far... get ready... it's coming
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2013, 04:29 PM |#989  
Flag Cham
Thanks Meter: 197

More
AW: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77

Need a tester on the old boot loader asap... anyone ? please pm me

Update: got him, all fine. Thanks

Update of the update: seems all fine so far... get ready... it's coming

YAY. The whole day i wait till now.

Gesendet von meinem LGP990 mit CM10.
The Following User Says Thank You to SWTR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SWTR Ad-Free
26th January 2013, 04:47 PM |#990  
Flag On The Run
Thanks Meter: 554

More
Hey pengus!

I saw someone complain about wi-fi drain and it was like 15% in 12 hours... and you told him to piss off, quite rightly.

But how about 15% in half an hour?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-26-14-43-42.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1678261  
26th January 2013, 04:59 PM |#991  
Flag Nokia
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsPT

Hey pengus!

I saw someone complain about wi-fi drain and it was like 15% in 12 hours... and you told him to piss off, quite rightly.

But how about 15% in half an hour?

My wifi drain started the moment I got out of range of connected AP... No drain after I installed "DHCP Client replacement/update for CM10", in second post.

Was your phone connected to AP when wifi was on?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)