Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Importing Windows Contact in HTC Mozart 7

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By seoguru, Junior Member on 6th April 2012, 05:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi
I just bought this HTC Mozart 7 yesterday and I dont know how do I sync my windows contacts. I got those contacts from my Iphone and i am very new to windows mobile

I dont have windows mobile center in my PC and I tried downloading zune (i dont know if that is helpful) but somehow it doesnt detect my handset

7th April 2012, 11:43 AM |#2  
Flag OPorto
Thanks Meter: 4

More
you can import your contacts from your Sim-card, than save them to your Windows Id account and edit in the Windows page. You'll have access to your mail, Skydrive, contacts...

You can also import contacts from facebook or other services like google...

I never use a iphone so I can't help you to transfer contacts by wifi, but it may be possible
7th April 2012, 02:40 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
O my god
Is that the only way ? Hell I am starting thinking of selling this phone, it is so complicated.

I dont have data plan i dont know how do I import
7th April 2012, 03:18 PM |#4  
Flag OPorto
Thanks Meter: 4

More
The future for PC and smartphone are Cloud services, so you will always need a good data service or wifi spots

Zune is also nice. It backup's all your data to your PC by usb connection.

You can also use outlook to edit your contacts; name, phone, email, address... and WP7 will import everything to your phone.

The oldest way to transfer contacts is by Bluetooth but only customized rom's lets you transfer data. I think it's not possible in iphones.

Don't give up, it seems complicated but its very easy, and as a lot of vantages. Old days when an accident append to your phone you would lose all contacts and data, now, with cloud services they are always protected.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

found this on a web site

" To be able to synchronize contacts from an iPhone into Windows Phone 7 "

This is a three step move, with several minor details.

Let's begin :

1 - Start by install the iTunes on your PC :

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Next, connect your iPhone to your computer and then wait for it to show up as a device in iTunes.

Once connected, click on the "Info" tab and go down to "Contacts". Select to sync contacts with Outlook and then sync your iPhone.

This operation will copy all contacts from your iPhone (including contact pictures, if you use them) to the Outlook Contacts folder.

Just need to make sure that the contacts were sinchronized to the Outlook.

2 - The next step is to install the Outlook Hotmail Connector, depending on your Windows Version, 32 or 64 bit :

Download details: Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

OR

Download details: Outlook Hotmail Connector 64-bit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

You must restart Outlook and configure a new account, Hotmail, using your Hotmail username and password.

At this point, you are connected to the Hotmail.com service using Outlook, meaning you can send and receive e-mails from Outlook and to synch contacts

3 - You can now start the next step.

In Outlook, scroll to the Contacts of your Usual Mailbox and select all, by pressing CTRL+A and hit CTRL+C.

Scroll to the Contacts inside the Hotmail Mailbox on your Outlook and press CTRL+V.

Outlook will copy all the contacts to the "Cloud". Your Hotmail contacts folder online is the destination.

On your Windows Phone 7 device, click the Right Arrow ( à ) and then choose "Hotmail".

Press the Sync button and that's it.
9th February 2013, 09:25 PM |#5  

More
there is an app in the marketplace for that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)