Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] Messed up trying to install cm-10.1.2-otter2

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Chewie81, Junior Member on 16th August 2013, 06:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I tried to install cm-10.1.2-otter2 following this instruction: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909

The current status is that I am able to boot into TWRP 2.6.0.0 without any problem. That means that the Kindle logo turns blue and I can enter TWRP.

My problem is now that I can not go anywhere else now.

When I try to install CM I'll get the following error message:
Quote:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "blaze_tablet" || getprop("ro.bui
getprop("ro.product,device") == "otter2" || getprop("ro.build.product") =
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-10.1.2-otter2.zip'

My problem is that I can't do anything else now as I can only enter TWRP and do more or less nothing there.
I can't access the storage anymore when connecting it to the computer as it will not be identified anymore.

So what options do I have now?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind Regards,
Chewie

16th August 2013, 08:15 PM |#2  
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 633

Donate to Me
More
Have you tried putting twrp into sideload mode? Its under the advanced section. Unless you misposted this in the 7 inch section, that ROM was designed for kf2, that's might be why you are having problems. After you get sideload mode enabled if your PC detects it and u manage to install the adb drivers, u put the correct zip you want to flash in the same directory as adb and I think the syntax goes as follows:
adb sideload filename.zip
See if that helps.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
16th August 2013, 09:56 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Have you tried putting twrp into sideload mode? Its under the advanced section. Unless you misposted this in the 7 inch section, that ROM was designed for kf2, that's might be why you are having problems. After you get sideload mode enabled if your PC detects it and u manage to install the adb drivers, u put the correct zip you want to flash in the same directory as adb and I think the syntax goes as follows:
adb sideload filename.zip
See if that helps.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Thanks for the quick reply.
I tried that one, too. Unfortunately Windows will is not accepting the device anymore as Kindle (which worked well before) and ADB is showing offline / no device on the PC.
The connected Kindle says "Starting ADB sideload feature..."

And you are correct - it seems to be a wrong ROM but happily it could not been installed.
So the main problem is now to get the new suitable ROM from the computer to the Kindle device.

Reinstalling drivers is not helping, too. So I am kind of clueless how to get files to the Kindle.

Have a nice evening .

Update 21:45h:
It seems to work now on another computer. Thanks again for your answer which pointed me into the right direction and forced me to try the correct way on different devices. The CyanogenMod logo is now on the display of the Kindle. I'll let you know how it end

Update 09:00h:
After some more tries it is finally working as intended. I am not sure which was the original mistake. Maybe driver issues on the PC. Thanks again!
16th January 2014, 11:55 PM |#4  

More
I sideloaded CM 10.1 via TWRP 2.6.3.1 and comes up fine (can't tether, but that's another issue). I rebooted into recovery, and when I attempt sideload, I get error: closed. Every time. Have tried everything. Anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

C:\Users\tecg\Desktop\ADB\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20131030\sdk\platform-tools>adb
usb
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
restarting in USB mode

C:\Users\tecg\Desktop\ADB\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20131030\sdk\platform-tools>adb
devices
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF sideload

push wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk /sdcard
error: closed

C:\Users\tecg\Desktop\ADB\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20131030\sdk\platform-tools>
17th January 2014, 09:35 AM |#5  
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 633

Donate to Me
More
Add another / at the end of /sdcard so it looks like this:
Code:
adb push filename /sdcard/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)