1,443 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,072

Thread Closed Email Thread
26th February 2013, 01:48 PM |#601  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgorki

I don't get it... the Bluetooth bug was known three builds before, why don't you just fix it?

PA is based on AOSP, am I right?? The bug is in source ... I mean google.

26th February 2013, 05:10 PM |#602  
Flag Rhein-Neckar Delta
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoudi

PA is based on AOSP, am I right?? The bug is in source ... I mean google.

yeah, and it would make sense to keep it, right?
26th February 2013, 09:07 PM |#603  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Is tethering working for anyone?

I can't get any type of tethering working on my nexus 7 3g. Tried a lot of different apps in the market as well.
26th February 2013, 09:31 PM |#604  
Flag Freehold
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode
Hey guys, I really like this ROM but I've been having issues for the last 4 builds with keyboard lag and gtalk force closures when attempting to place a video call to any one of my contacts. Does anyone know of a fix for any of these issues? I really enjoy the features of this ROM and would have to go back to stock rooted over these small issues. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
27th February 2013, 03:19 PM |#605  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tethering Works without troubles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
27th February 2013, 05:50 PM |#606  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Had to go back to cyanogen. Poorly maintained ROM with bugs persisting from one build to the next. Thanks to the developer any ways and hope it shall get better. N4 version is perfect though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to sona911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sona911 Ad-Free
27th February 2013, 06:26 PM |#607  
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sona911

Had to go back to cyanogen. Poorly maintained ROM with bugs persisting from one build to the next. Thanks to the developer any ways and hope it shall get better. N4 version is perfect though.

Bugs...where?? Honestly. I haven't had an issue. If I want to be picky then I would say there should be a mobile data tile

27th February 2013, 06:44 PM |#608  
Flag Freehold

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidkid311

Bugs...where?? Honestly. I haven't had an issue. If I want to be picky then I would say there should be a mobile data tile

I've been having issues myself as well for the last 4 builds and help as well as no solutions in the thread. It's a great rom if you use it Wi-Fi only with a different kernel and don't mind force closures on gtalk video chat etc. Sadly I'm going back to stock rooted myself but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this for progress. Loving this rom on my N4 tho.

27th February 2013, 08:55 PM |#609  
Inactive Recognized Developer
earth
Thanks Meter: 7,550

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgorki

I don't get it... the Bluetooth bug was known three builds before, why don't you just fix it?

The bug is caused by Google not updating the hardware repos in aosp. I'm not going to spend the time to reverse engineer a fix when the zip works. So when they do it will be fixed until then it's not much to ask to flash an extra zip. The rom is built from source the fix is pulled from a rom dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilman539

Hey guys, I really like this ROM but I've been having issues for the last 4 builds with keyboard lag and gtalk force closures when attempting to place a video call to any one of my contacts. Does anyone know of a fix for any of these issues? I really enjoy the features of this ROM and would have to go back to stock rooted over these small issues. Thanks in advance for the help.

Try updating gapps I use gtalk video almost every day with no issues, I don't use stock keyboard but ill look into it. The newest ones are in the paranoid android gapps folder do not use the generic goo ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sona911

I don't think a few builds a week is poorly maintained but ok. I don't know if any bugs other than that graphical glitch which I have spent over five hours searching for and that can be fixed by disabling hardware overlays in developer settings. And the reordering if tiles in tablet ui both things that most roms don't offer

Quote:

I've been having issues myself as well for the last 4 builds and help as well as no solutions in the thread. It's a great rom if you use it Wi-Fi only with a different kernel and don't mind force closures on gtalk video chat etc. Sadly I'm going back to stock rooted myself but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this for progress. Loving this rom on my N4 tho.

Is there no 3g tile? Tiles are dynamic so it should check for 3g then show up

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to aaronpoweruser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aaronpoweruser Ad-Free
27th February 2013, 09:02 PM |#610  
Inactive Recognized Developer
earth
Thanks Meter: 7,550

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Browser still locks up and force closes on certain websites and so does gtalk whenever I attempt to do a video call I've also noticed lag on the keyboard occasionally. This is on a clean install. Did a clean install twice to make sure.

Details please can I have the website and preferably a logcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Odom Project

Hey, jw is there any way to make pie control work on all edges? I cant find a way...

No that feature blocks swipe actions on certain apps, so it won't be coming back

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
27th February 2013, 09:41 PM |#611  
Flag Freehold

More
[QUOTE=aaronpoweruser;38560474]Details please can I have the website and preferably a logcat

No that feature blocks swipe actions on certain apps, so it won't be coming back

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE
The issues I was having was Gtalk force closing when attempting to video chat and the browser would crash on certain websites as well. I had the latest pa gapps installed as well. Its been happening for the last 4 builds with no mods, stock voltages etc. I flashed clean multiple times and flash with and without Franco kernel and it kept happening. I asked for help but I got no response so I just assumed that the issue was being worked on. Which gapps are you referring to? The ones on the main link are to 11-27. Are there new ones?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread