Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device Driver

Search This thread

adam2new

Feb 19, 2010
Tethering for game consoles

can someone please get this working for the most popular gaming consoles so we can really take advantage of our devices.:cool::(
You can always (if using Windows XP, for sure), enable Internet Connection Sharing using your phone's EXACT "Local Area Network" connection as the internet connection (the one that shows up when you connect your phone and enable tethering), and using your lan/wireless card as your home network (hoping you can make your Wireless connection an Infrastructure; or if you use a direct Ethernet cord to your console (Wii requires the Nintendo LAN adapter for this), either use a switch-back Ethernet cord, or a auto-switch-back compatable network card.

Terminology I used
This may or may not be the correct wording of these term names... I'm just using what I call them.

What is a "switch-back Ethernet cord" or "auto-switch-back network card"?
A "switch-back Ethernet cord" is a cord that looks like one for a normal (modern) network CAT-6 (etc.), but is made to DIRECTLY connect two computers. (Requires some form of DNS/DHCP server for mostly all situations-- Windows' Internet Connection Sharing handles that.) Technicaly speaking, the difference is that the cord's wires are switched between the two sides (example. on both side it would be like |A|B|C|D| , while on normal cords its |A|B|C|D| and |D|C|B|A| ... *insert twisted-pair information here which I omitted*)
The switch-back network card on the other hand, does that switching for you automatically (that's if the network card's drivers know to do that).

Infrastructure
Please use Google or http://www.onelook.com/ (a multiple-dictionary search engine) if you don't know what that means, because I refuse to explain with my unable-to-explain-it wording.

... That's all I want to type for a while, so I am sorry... :(

Last edited:

Anthony2oo5

Apr 9, 2007
Wow, 90,000 views. I didn't think this was still being used. Please bare in mind if it dosnt work for you it was made for the Diamond, and XP. Judging by your comments it seems to be quite universal.

Rohit12

Apr 1, 2012
Mytouch 3g slide

Dosent' work for me.As soon i install the drivers my phone reboots...Please explain what do you mean by add it to your internal storage??I have CM 7.2 Stable And xp sp3..

adam2new

Feb 19, 2010
Over 90,000? OVER 90,000?!?!

"... Good job!" You deserve our thanks ^_^

EDIT: Added my thanks that I forgot to do those years ago

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk (GetJar version)

Last edited:

allisson

Feb 19, 2012
Santos
OP driver and Nexus 4 working!

Hi Guys,

I just downloaded the OP driver and got the Nexus 4 tethering via USB cable. I'm on XP.

Allisson

:good:

Jabba_the_hut

Nov 20, 2011
York
Unplug problem

hi guys,

So here's an interesting issue:

I have the NDIS driver working and installed, and wired tether up and running great. Laptop gets internet, all is well.

Until I unplug my phone.

When I do, it will no longer connect. By that I mean I can plug my phone in and out in and out and neither windows nor the phone recognize being connected. I also can't plug in any other USB devices. essentially the USB port is dead.

Until a reboot of xp which fixes everything.

The issue is, I really need this to work without rebooting.

Fun fact. The phone can connect and disconnect no problem as long as I want until I run wired tether. At that point, after I unplug it, it's dead and my usb ports are dead.

I have also noticed in device manager that the NDIS adapter that shows up when I run wired tether does NOT go away when I stop tether and unplug the phone (I have tried stopping tether, closing the wired tether program and even killing it with task manager, no dice)

My only guess is that my dead USB ports have something to do with the NDIS adapter not being removed from device manager when wire tether is stopped.

Long post I know, any thoughts? thanks!

Well I know this is an old issue, and you've probably resolved it or changed phones/computers, but...

...I had a similar problem until I fixed it yesterday by applying KB959765 to my Windows XP Service Pack 3 PC. At least it seems to be fixed, though I cannot be 100% as the problem was intermittent for me anyway. My phone is HTC Wildfire (CM 7.1.0.1, Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread). The problem I was having was this:

1) I'd been browsing over a tethered connection and wanted to finish up and disconnect.
2) So I untick the inbuilt tethering option on my phone, expecting the Windows notification area 'Local Area Connection' icon to change to the green 'Safely remove hardware' icon, which allows you to click it to safely unplug USB devices.
3) The green 'Safely remove hardware' icon would sometimes not appear.
4) When the icon did not appear, the result was that I would do a "surprise" unplug which resulted in strange behaviour in Windows; one example being Windows wouldn't complete a shutdown, and necessitated using the power off button to shut down.

I hope this helps some people.

Pagola

Feb 6, 2014
USB internet in win7

did anyone solve a problem i have in win7 ; there is not an opt to share internet through usbcabel ! and fund how to uppdate which driverutin to make it work? :confused: pagola

toLucky

Jan 10, 2011
Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device - Windows 8 - 32 bit

Hey

Problem is:
Connecting Windows 8 to Raspberry PI via USB
(NOTE: This is working with Android and Raspberry PI using usb-tethering)

"Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" - should be the driver for the job, but how/where can I get one that fits Windows 8 32 bit?

The gold is to have a Network Adapter, just like the one from Ethernet or WiFi, that I can get an IP off (or maby set a static IP on)

I've got this nagging feeling, that WINUSB.sys is taking over and not letting me do anything, but I cant prove it.

Final setup is this:
Power -> Samsung tablet -> USB cable (data and power) -> Raspberry PI -> USB cable (data and power) -> Raspberry PI -> USB cable (data and power) -> Raspberry PI

The only part im missing is the link between the tablet (windows 8) and the raspberry (I got it working on Samsung tablet running Android)

Any ideas towards the gold are appreciated.

Dennis Jensen

adam2new

Feb 19, 2010
Sorry... my OCD is kicking in because of getting a PM notification on my email so I guess I'm necroposting without trying to.

Hey

Problem is:
Connecting Windows 8 to Raspberry PI via USB
(NOTE: This is working with Android and Raspberry PI using usb-tethering)

"Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" - should be the driver for the job, but how/where can I get one that fits Windows 8 32 bit?

The gold is to have a Network Adapter, just like the one from Ethernet or WiFi, that I can get an IP off (or maby set a static IP on)

I've got this nagging feeling, that WINUSB.sys is taking over and not letting me do anything, but I cant prove it.

Final setup is this:
Power -> Samsung tablet -> USB cable (data and power) -> Raspberry PI -> USB cable (data and power) -> Raspberry PI -> USB cable (data and power) -> Raspberry PI

The only part im missing is the link between the tablet (windows 8) and the raspberry (I got it working on Samsung tablet running Android)

Any ideas towards the gold are appreciated.

Dennis Jensen

Dennis, if you still watch this thread, I cannot understand easily what you are meaning by all the "->"s but I can only guess.
What I see is: Wall power connects to Samsung tablet, which connects via. USB cable to a Raspberry Pi, which connects via. USB cable to another Raspberry Pi, which connects via. USB cable to a final Raspberry Pi.
Is that correct?

If the tablet is using an ARM processor, then I would assume you are using Windows 8 RT which isn't the normal Windows 8. Windows 8 RT is a version made specifically for the ARM CPU architecture and doesn't have all the Windows 8 features.
If the tablet is actually a x86 or x86-64 style CPU then I don't know how to help you as I'm not fond of tablets that are not running on ARM CPUs.

- adam2new
P.S. I hope you already figured it out by now.

toLucky

Jan 10, 2011
Dennis, if you still watch this thread, I cannot understand easily what you are meaning by all the "->"s but I can only guess.
What I see is: Wall power connects to Samsung tablet, which connects via. USB cable to a Raspberry Pi, which connects via. USB cable to another Raspberry Pi, which connects via. USB cable to a final Raspberry Pi.
Is that correct?

If the tablet is using an ARM processor, then I would assume you are using Windows 8 RT which isn't the normal Windows 8. Windows 8 RT is a version made specifically for the ARM CPU architecture and doesn't have all the Windows 8 features.
If the tablet is actually a x86 or x86-64 style CPU then I don't know how to help you as I'm not fond of tablets that are not running on ARM CPUs.

- adam2new
P.S. I hope you already figured it out by now.

Hi, yes, I'm following, and yes the problem is correctly understood.:good:
I dont have the tablet right here, but it uses a Intel Atom 32bit CPU (Dell) - Does it make a diffrence when connecting the USB?
Thanks
Dennis Jensen

xda___

Aug 11, 2013
active but not connected...

not sure if i'm in the right place, but trying to connect to internet via NDIS on my phone through win7 pc. drivers are apparently installed, but i can't get a connection through the pc.
i think i messed up somewhere, because the prompt on my phone told me to enable sharing options in network settings on the pc, and to choose new device (usb)
but-
i somehow had already changed the name of the phones network to something else, so according to the prompt on my phone, the pc will now not see my phone correctly and then won't connect?
i guess what i'd like to do is start all over, but the pc still recognizes the phone with the wrong connection name, even after i tried un-installing that connection to start all over...

help appreciated. thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had a search and found 1 or 2 things but they never worked for me. Anyway I have complied this driver for Windows XP so all you need to do is add it to your Internal Storage, plug it in to your computer copy it to your PC, then set your phone to internet sharing. When it moans that it dosn't know where the driver is, point it to them and it should work.

I just tested it on an XP machine and it worked so hopefully it will work for you.

If there is already a solution for this please let em know.

Mirror:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/163465025/Remote_NDIS_based_Internet_Sharing_Device.zip
    Connect your phone, then when it says it has found new hardware but cant install it, go to the device manager, double click the and click reinstall driver.

Point the folder to where ever you saved the driver too and it should install.