[ROM][EBI1/32A] CyanogenMod EBI1/32A Port 4.2.4 [Nov 12]

Search This thread

jokeyrhyme

Jun 15, 2009
Central Coast
I've resisted the temptation to install themes or replace any part of CyanogenMod 4.1.99 as installed per the instructions in the original post. I'm using the experimental BFS303 kernel and I haven't noticed the sky falling or portals to a hell dimension or anything. Sweet.

In previous experimental releases of CyanogenMod, I tried my best to reconcile my difficulties with the new Donut-compatible HTC_IME (Touch Input) by reciting to myself the following mantra: "at least it is still better than the Android Keyboard". Well, I've thrown that out the window. I haven't installed HTC_IME and I barely miss it. HTC_IME is so buggy and insolent on Donut that I highly recommend others actually sit down and try out the default Android one for a few days. The only feature I miss is the screen calibration, and it's not even particularly necessary. /shrug

A final comment: it appears the Sapphire 32A instructions provided here are actually more straightforward, simpler and easier than the initial "universal" instructions provided by Cyanogen himself. How odd that something is actually easier on 32A than on 32B. :p

str4vag

Jul 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
just a question to all users, anyone have issues with sending out MMS?
everytime i try to send one (for the past 1 hour at least), my data connection dies. i have to cancel sending for data to be alive again. not sure if its an issue with my carrier right now or something with the ROM.
never had this problem with other CM release before. I need a confirmation before i go shout at my carrier.

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
CM 4.1.999 is out! :)

Existing BFS303 kernel will be used for this release.
(as all cyanogen has added to kernel is BFS303 and we've already got that - kernel config and ramdisk is the same ;)

So all you should need to do is apply the update and re-apply the BFS303 kernel port it looks like. Haven't tried it myself yet, but spoke with cyanogen on irc about it just then.

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
Cool, and I just went through the upgrade procedure then and upgraded from 4.1.99 to 4.1.999 and it all worked nicely.

I've updated the instructions on the first page now too btw.

skittleguy

May 30, 2008
Calgary
It's really awesome that 32A users are starting to have fun with all the roms available. Thanks for all the hard work.

It might be a good idea to include the AudioPara4.csv in future releases, since it make the mic pick up the sound better (tested with the Voice Search feature).

Last edited:

str4vag

Jul 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
been on the 4.1.999 update for a bit..everything is working well. only issue so far is 1 random reboot all of a sudden. have not managed to reproduce it.

FernandoMiguel

Aug 16, 2009
London
FernandoMiguel.net
I
I have cyanogen's recovery 1.4 and I can't find the Wipe SD: ext partition option. By this you mean that we have to manually wipe the partition on a linux OS or that there's a recovery ROM with this option?

yeah that made me confused for a bit, and since i didnt find it, i did it manually:

Code:
$ adb shell
# mount /system/sd
# rm -rf /system/sd/*
# unmount /system/sd

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
Cheers BUGabundo - added it to the first post :)

Looks like only the dream/32b recovery roms have this option - Amon RA's 1.2.2 that he did for them. I guess I could repack it for 32a, but meh.. not really worth it.

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
No, you can't unfortunately.

What I suggest is 'Backup for Root Users'
Backup your settings, apps, and everything, then do a wipe and restart.

When you're back up and running - use the restore functionality to get your data and settings back.

No guarantees, but this worked for me!

johnie5

Oct 5, 2009
ok i understand everything how it has to be done except this : Apply Kernel Port Zip: rad-4.xxxx.zip...
All procedures and roms i tried till far didnt have this step...
Can someone please explain? and where do i find rad-4.xxxx.zip?
Tnx in advance

Radix999

Jun 10, 2006
Perth
juga.org
Wow.. didn't think I'd be asked that one..

So by Kernel Port Zip: rad-4.xxxx.zip I meant one of the Kernel Port Zips I listed below those instructions.

Here's the one I'd recommend:

CyanogenMod 4.1.99 and 4.1.999 with BFS 303 (N.B. this port file will work fine with both releases - Cyanogen's just catching up to me ;)
http://fdsfiles.com/temp/rad-4.1.99-32a-bfs303.zip
(md5sum: ced37f39fd419a4b11fa3f64eb7f93e9 )

bcrook

Jun 16, 2009
Toronto
ok i understand everything how it has to be done except this : Apply Kernel Port Zip: rad-4.xxxx.zip...
All procedures and roms i tried till far didnt have this step...
Can someone please explain? and where do i find rad-4.xxxx.zip?
Tnx in advance

The kernel port zip was someones awesome idea that allows porting from 32b --> 32a to be much easier.

SInce cyanogens ROM is for 32b, the extra step just converts it to a 32a file.

The first page is very very clear...just read it and dont freak out because its something you havent seen before. We are not here to trick you, just follow the steps and you'll be fine.

Good luck.

kaares

Jun 27, 2009
No, you can't unfortunately.

What I suggest is 'Backup for Root Users'
Backup your settings, apps, and everything, then do a wipe and restart.

When you're back up and running - use the restore functionality to get your data and settings back.

No guarantees, but this worked for me!

It worked for me without wiping. Just make sure to uninstall the old htc keyboard before upgrading, otherwise it will force close.
If it works without wiping, great. If not just try again with wiping.

johnie5

Oct 5, 2009
Wow.. didn't think I'd be asked that one..

So by Kernel Port Zip: rad-4.xxxx.zip I meant one of the Kernel Port Zips I listed below those instructions.

Here's the one I'd recommend:

Man sry for finding my questions a bit silly :D but im new to all this and trying to understand :)

johnie5

Oct 5, 2009
The kernel port zip was someones awesome idea that allows porting from 32b --> 32a to be much easier.

SInce cyanogens ROM is for 32b, the extra step just converts it to a 32a file.

The first page is very very clear...just read it and dont freak out because its something you havent seen before. We are not here to trick you, just follow the steps and you'll be fine.

Good luck.

Tnx for the reply