[Q] wich stock rom ?

Search This thread

problitz

May 11, 2014
hi
i have a galaxy gt-s5830 with android 2.2.1 and i want to download the stock rom but all i see its for androd 2.3 can i use them? or wich one should i use??

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
hi
i have a galaxy gt-s5830 with android 2.2.1 and i want to download the stock rom but all i see its for androd 2.3 can i use them? or wich one should i use??

First upgrade your device to Gingerbread using Odin, follow this guide ;)
hubix's guide

Then root your device and install CWM (custom recovery) in order to flash custom roms, doing backups, flash mods ... here you'll find all ;)

Usefull Thread with lots of info and FAQ

Finally choose the rom you want and follow the dev's instructions to flash the selected rom :)

Last edited:
Reactions: problitz

problitz

May 11, 2014
thx a lot just one more question in the Newest firmware says vietnam and im from portugal is there any problem with that?

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
thx a lot just one more question in the Newest firmware says vietnam and im from portugal is there any problem with that?
The latest fw it's from Vietnam?? umm :rolleyes:
There's no problem, but I suggest you to flash an European fw in order to avoid signal/coverage troubles because of each fw includes a modem from a different area. For me the Spanish KTM is the best ;)

problitz

May 11, 2014
thx again i can root my phone but following the hubix tuturial trying to flash the newest firmware in odin i only can find the .ops file i cant find the boot and the others... i downloaded all the files e said to download but cant find them in all those files can help me?

D

Deleted member 5617821

thx again i can root my phone but following the hubix tuturial trying to flash the newest firmware in odin i only can find the .ops file i cant find the boot and the others... i downloaded all the files e said to download but cant find them in all those files can help me?

Here is the link on how to install stock rom using odin along with all firmwares and drivers (check the "Preparations" section),

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

You can find all the necessary details for flashing as well as all the firmwares in this link. If your PC cannot recognize the phone, its usually the drivers. Once installed, go to recovery mode and do a wipe data/ factory reset & wipe cache (otherwise bootloop might occur). Then restart. Now you have successfully flashed the stock rom. Here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace (just install these zip from the recovery mode),

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

You can use the single firmware installation. No need to download files like boot, pda, etc separately. Also you can download the firmware near to your region. Hope I Helped :)

Last edited by a moderator:

problitz

May 11, 2014
thx that help a lot ;) just missing the firmware for portugal to be perfect :)

Last edited:

problitz

May 11, 2014
i did it and intalled this custom rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635011 i like it but when i shutdown my phone and turn on again it gets stuck in the samsung logo and restars all the time i have to wipe the cashe for it to start normaly wath is this can i solve this? and wath is the more stable custom rom?
thx

D

Deleted member 5617821

i did it and intalled this custom rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635011 i like it but when i shutdown my phone and turn on again it gets stuck in the samsung logo and restars all the time i have to wipe the cashe for it to start normaly wath is this can i solve this? and wath is the more stable custom rom?
thx

Before you do any of these things, make sure to backup you apps. Go to CWM and do "Wipe data/ factory reset" and "Wipe Cache partition". Also go to Mount and Storage> Format /system. Finally Advanced> "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and "Wipe Battery Stat". Now reinstall the rom again. It might solve the issue. As for the stable custom rom, you can always go with CM 7 i.e. Android 2.3.7 based roms. CM 7 based roms are much stable than CM 9, CM 10 and CM 11 roms. As per xda rules, I cannot suggest you the best rom. But here is list of all roms for our Ace. You can flash this yourself to decide which is the best. Here is the link,

Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST

Hope I Helped :)

problitz

May 11, 2014
i did that but still have the same problem i get a light blue screen and black and it just restarts i really liked this rom :(
i will try other thx anyway for the rom list

problitz

May 11, 2014
i installed the stock rom but after that it just wont start i had to install the custom rom and do wipe cache again for it to start :(

D

Deleted member 5617821

i installed the stock rom but after that it just wont start i had to install the custom rom and do wipe cache again for it to start :(

Once you have installed the stock rom, go to recovery mode and do a wipe data/ factory reset & wipe cache (otherwise bootloop might occur).

problitz

May 11, 2014
if i only restart the phone this doesnt happen, only when i shut it down i cant understand this and its so annoying :(

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
if i only restart the phone this doesnt happen, only when i shut it down i cant understand this and its so annoying :(

after flasing a stock rom via Odin, do wipe factory/reset and wipe cache in order to avoid the bootloop, but with CM10.x ROMS NEVER DO WIPES (data factory/reset) OR YOU'LL BREAK THE BOOT!! ;)

To fix it do all the wipes and reflash the CM10.x rom following dev's thread :)

Last edited:

problitz

May 11, 2014
after flasing a stock rom via Odin, do wipe factory/reset and wipe cache in order to avoid the bootloop, but with CM10.x ROMS NEVER DO WIPES (data factory/reset) OR YOU'LL BREAK THE BOOT!! ;)

i think i have done that already but im not sure my phone is charging i will download another stock rom to try it then i will post the results thx

problitz

May 11, 2014

i did it all twice the stock rom all good installed the custom rom all good shut the phone down same problem again... :(

but if i shut down the phone and start with the CWM and just select reboot system now it starts without loop i cant understand this

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5617821

i did it all twice the stock rom all good installed the custom rom all good shut the phone down same problem again... :(

but if i shut down the phone and start with the CWM and just select reboot system now it starts without loop i cant understand this

Might be the problem with the custom rom. Try installing some other custom rom and see if the problem persists. Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

hi

First upgrade your device to Gingerbread using Odin, follow this guide ;)
    hubix's guide

Then root your device and install CWM (custom recovery) in order to flash custom roms, doing backups, flash mods ... here you'll find all ;)

Usefull Thread with lots of info and FAQ

Finally choose the rom you want and follow the dev's instructions to flash the selected rom :)
    The latest fw it's from Vietnam?? umm :rolleyes:
    There's no problem, but I suggest you to flash an European fw in order to avoid signal/coverage troubles because of each fw includes a modem from a different area. For me the Spanish KTM is the best ;)
    D
    Deleted member 5617821

Here is the link on how to install stock rom using odin along with all firmwares and drivers (check the "Preparations" section),

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

You can find all the necessary details for flashing as well as all the firmwares in this link. If your PC cannot recognize the phone, its usually the drivers. Once installed, go to recovery mode and do a wipe data/ factory reset & wipe cache (otherwise bootloop might occur). Then restart. Now you have successfully flashed the stock rom. Here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace (just install these zip from the recovery mode),

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

You can use the single firmware installation. No need to download files like boot, pda, etc separately. Also you can download the firmware near to your region. Hope I Helped :)
    D
    Deleted member 5617821
    i tryed another rom now i have no problems the only one is that i like the other one more xD i will search for a nice one but its not easy to find the "perfect" one.
    thx

Keep trying I'm sure you will your perfect one soon ;)