[NEWS]UNLOCK BOOTLOADER for 11w29 +

Search This thread
B

B.Jay

OK i have god news i contacted wotanserver and i esked hem about botloader unlock with limited date and hers is mesage.

the unlock is no longer limited by date, so it's possible to unlock the bootloader. Thank you.

I asked wotanserver an dey give me those mesage that unlocking botloader for x8 is no limited by date ,i contacting wotan server now how to unlock ,when i recive answer i will post her

Well, we already knew that it's possible to bypass the security fixed MSM7227 by the testpins we try to work out...

I would be surprised if they have a software solution, because the_laser's setool2 is only capable of doing said job through the testpins connection (which is clearly a combo of software and hardware-mod).

However, I'll curiously wait what you can tell...

On a related note: I'll keep on investigating the testpins connection just to see if we can crack down on how get into a UART connection and what we can possibly get from there (though that means I have to disassmble my X8 to get to the pins) - maybe that opens a way for homebrew hard brick resurrection.

Last edited:

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
As some of you may know, lots of threads about this have been posted, now it seems that the latest lession is bootloader (yes,mine is unlocked and I use alfs, but I did it long time ago, my phone is a 10w34 )
But recently news has been spread that the.newer (11w35+ ? ) phones have a what you might call, a Sony Ericsson gift, also known as a security hole. This means that there has been some fishy business lately. This security hole has stopped people from unlocking their bootloaders. If they did attempt it, it would more or less get a hard brick (if failed) so that is why many threads have been posted trying to discourage people from doing this. Not being aimed at anyone!
If anything, people with at least 11w36+ stay away from your bootloader dream unless someone manages to build a patch/fix dont this (which we all know isnt going to happen)

Hope this helped.
-wilbso

EDIT: good idea b.jay. Lets see if we can complete these testpins. Maybe so in the future we can bypass bootloaders with 11w33 and on without hardbrick (unless of course your anti virus screws it up and you get a hard brick from that lol)

Sent from my X8 using XDA App

Last edited:

baiclark

Jan 23, 2012
Cebu
As some of you may know, lots of threads about this have been posted, now it seems that the latest lession is bootloader (yes,mine is unlocked and I use alfs, but I did it long time ago, my phone is a 10w34 )
But recently news has been spread that the.newer (11w35+ ? ) phones have a what you might call, a Sony Ericsson gift, also known as a security hole. This means that there has been some fishy business lately. This security hole has stopped people from unlocking their bootloaders. If they did attempt it, it would more or less get a hard brick (if failed) so that is why many threads have been posted trying to discourage people from doing this. Whilst this guy is trying to encourage you (no offence or anything bad ;-) )
If anything, people with at least 11w32+ stay away from your bootloader dream unless someone manages to build a patch/fix dont this (which we all know isnt going to happen)

Hope this helped.
-wilbso

EDIT: good idea b.jay. Lets see if we can complete these testpins. Maybe so in the future we can bypass bootloaders with 11w33 and on without hardbrick (unless of course your anti virus screws it up and you get a hard brick from that lol)

Dude,are you pointing it to me?coz i think im actually trying to help..im not encouraging bootloader unlock with the SAME method,but with a new method which is through testpoints..the laser said that it is possible,that is why i presented it..read the previous posts and you will see that b.jay and i are actually working on it..

Kind regards,
Baiclark

Sent from my XPERIA X8 using xda premium

baiclark

Jan 23, 2012
Cebu
Anyway..

@bjay: do you have to disassemble the phone?i think you just have to remove the white sticker under the battery (the sticker where the manufacture date,imei,etc are written)..

Kind regards,
Baiclark

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
Dude,are you pointing it to me?coz i think im actually trying to help..im not encouraging bootloader unlock with the SAME method,but with a new method which is through testpoints..the laser said that it is possible,that is why i presented it..read the previous posts and you will see that b.jay and i are actually working on it..

Kind regards,
Baiclark

Nono. Im not pointing it put at you. You completely missunderstood . Your doing a good thing man :)

In just telling then some info I have collected from over loads of threadd

Last edited:

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com

Kind regards,
Baiclark

There, I edited my original post. It is not aimed at you, it is aimed at the other people who think that they might manage to get away with it using the original method. I think your method is good but my phone is A 10w34. IT WAS AIMED AT NO ONE

baiclark

Jan 23, 2012
Cebu
@wilsbo: it's ok dude, im not offended.. i thought it was me..hehehe..:)

@luacstan: yeah i see, but i have questions,

is it based on the setool by the laser?if not, then can we say that hard bricking is software related?

can you tell me if hard brick is evident in using this tool for phones 11w29+?

coz i really believe that unocking bootloader using setool for all x8 is 90% possible, even if you're phone's manufacture date is 11w50 provided you have the CREDITS..and it's quite expensive..:D

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca

is it based on the setool by the laser?if not, then can we say that hard bricking is software related?

coz i really believe that unocking bootloader using setool for all x8 is 90% possible, even if you're phone's manufacture date is 11w50 provided you have the CREDITS..and it's quite expensive..:D

I dont think its based on anything. We dont need SE Tool, but we still need Flash Tool, Gordon's Gate, and S1 Tool. The method is SO much easier too!

About the manufacture date, I am not sure, but you can ask the maker of SE Tweak Tool 4.0, Faiyyaz. When I asked him about mine, which is 11W30, he easily just replied, "Yes, definitely!".

Hit the THANKS button to support me!!

This mail was delivered to you using XDA Premium!

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com

Thanks for understanding buddy :)
Like I said, it wasn't aimed at anybody

i just wanted to share some news that i have collected from multiple threads, but it looks like this method works good. excellent work though :)

Last edited:

baiclark

Jan 23, 2012
Cebu
Now im collecting as much information i need to test this..if it works,im sure it will be a big BOOM to the x8 family..and alot of x8 users will be happy especially to those with 11w30+ manufacture date,like me.haha

B

B.Jay

@bjay: do you have to disassemble the phone?i think you just have to remove the white sticker under the battery (the sticker where the manufacture date,imei,etc are written)

Yeah, for a start I settled with removing the sticker.

However, since I didn't get very far with my electronics equipment I now ordered an Arduino to have a programmable device for trying to talk to the UART.

is it based on the setool by the laser? if not, then can we say that hard bricking is software related?

Never heard of that tool ever before, but upon a quick glance that's nothing else than the "msm7227*.cmd" put into a nicer UI.

Well, with setool2 (the one where you need to buy credits) it should actually be possible to unlock the boot loader of all 11W29+ phones... by using the testpins "alt bypass".

Now im collecting as much information i need to test this..if it works,im sure it will be a big BOOM to the x8 family..and alot of x8 users will be happy especially to those with 11w30+ manufacture date,like me.haha

Errrr.... Huh?

We already know that every 11W29+ device can be unlocked by using setool2 ... so the "BOOM" is already there but is nothing more as a "POP" (sound of a bursting soap bubble) because setool2 requires you to shell out $$$$

da Tool didnt work fr me :( sad it got bricked :| mine w8 11w40

Was too obvious that the funny "SE Tweaker" tool isn't able to bend laws of hardware.

You know, IF there would be a way to unlock 11W29+ in software (WITHOUT the need of a additional hardware tweak) you could be sure that word would have hit the streets already.

The guy doing that SE Tweaker tool is no hardware hacker or system hacker - that guy's just your average coder who took something and wrapped it up into a UI.

neogen17

Dec 1, 2011
Hyderabad
Just took a chance Btw da SE ppl here r a dumb ppl , dey r going to replace my phone nw and i just mentioned dem to get old dated 1 so that dis problem wont occurs again ,dey nodded fr that :D God knows what edition wld dey bring again.

baiclark

Jan 23, 2012
Cebu
@b.jay: i mean the free version..and that is using the s1tool used for unlocking 2011 devices..and in using that tool,they have to ground the pins as well..the free version of the tool says it only supports certain devices and i dont know if x8 is included..

Please give me your inputs b.jay..:)

B

B.Jay

@b.jay: i mean the free version..and that is using the s1tool used for unlocking 2011 devices..and in using that tool,they have to ground the pins as well..the free version of the tool says it only supports certain devices and i dont know if x8 is included..

Please give me your inputs b.jay..:)

You mean the version of SE Tool you can download from setool.net (most likely from some super-crappy RadidShare link)?

Well, the changelog of the latest v1.1203 reads:

Code:
- testpoint altbypass method will work now for msm7227-based phones,which using MCUs with fixed security bug.
   that means, resurrection cables will work for MCUs with fixed security bug.

It may be up for discussion, but I take it as "setool can unlock the bootloader given you figured out the testpins connection".

What I'm actually interested in is this (same page, another changelog post) ...

Code:
7227,8250-based phones require special uart cables ( [COLOR="Red"][B]pinout included in docs[/B][/COLOR] ),
   however it is highly recommended to use [URL="http://www.gpgindustries.com/news/2011/10/25/gpgindustries-proudly-present-qualcomm-resurrection-cables-featuring-setool-box/"]special GPG cables[/URL]

EDIT: Keep in mind that my idea isn't so much about the boot loader unlock but investigating if the UART would open a way for home-brew hard brick resurrection (you know, inexpensive repair where you won't need a JTAG box).

Last edited:

vislavskid

Jan 12, 2012
ruski krstur
I recived mesage from wotanserver

Yes,

our unlock tool will unlock the bootloader.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomas
Team WotanServer
-----Original Message-----

That mens we can unlock botloader but we must pay only flasing firmware is free an unlocking botloader you must pay .:(

vislavskid

Jan 12, 2012
ruski krstur
I will try to by credits via alertpay ,the price is 15 euro ,to se is it working unlocking bootloader via wotanserver unlocking tool.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Only paypal:mad:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi huys, i found these different news from the web..that we can unlock our x8's bootloader with manufacture date of11w29 onwards...

im not sure if these guides work, but i want to hear your opinions about this news..

these are the guides to unlock our phone using alternative security bypass or testpoint method...

#1. i think this is paid version>>>>>>here

#2. i think this is free>>>>>here

#2 is tested on 2011 phones, but i dont know if it also works on aour lovely x8

here is the video>>>>>here

these are the news about the latest ways to unlock our bootloader, but it has not been confirmed yet..

let us post updates here or similar news...

im not responsible if anything happens to your phone..

SO WHAT DO YOU SAY?GIVE US YOUR OPINIONS..LET US SHARE IDEAS..:)

kind regards,
    baiclark
    .wow i miss this thread!

Anyhow,i used to be an x8 user before and like you guys,i was dying to have my bootloader unlocked..

I made this thread just simply to gather thoughts,inputs and news on unlocking bootloaders for 11w26+..

I did my own research about unlocking the bootloader through altbypass and tespoint method..so u have to make ur own cable..the problem was,we couldnt find the pin outs for the tespins on our motherboard..so that made it too risky..and then after that, unlocking bootloaders became free on setool2..but u have to buy credits to update ur smart card from setool to setool2..until then,i lost my hope in doing the research..

This is not a guide,this is merely a collection of news on the ways to unlock the bootloader for our dear x8..so if you have inputs or ways to do it..please do share..

Ive heard about that guy who unlocks bootloader in exchange for cash..since he is able to do it..it is possible to unlock our boooader..its just that he's not that generous enough to share it for free..just pray he'll share it someday..

One thing that bothers me though is that he unlocks it online..he doesnt have to alybypass it using testpins and connecting the correct pinout..he must have used a softeware which altbypasses the security hole just by using usb cables..

Anyways,dont lose hope..i know there are ways out there waiting to be found..:)

Kind regards,
    baiclark

Sent from my ST17i using xda premium
    This tool was released today for free:
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f778/free-plasma-tool-v-1-0-2-2-released-exclusive-1612826/

- Unlock all Sony Xperia 2010 Year (under test, private only)

Anyone tested it?
    Some say that from 29-34 you can unlock (50-50% it will work ok) but after 34 they say you can throw your phone to trash can if you try.

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

Yep, thats what I know too...

Hit the THANKS button to support me!

This mail was delivered to you using Tapatalk!!
    you cant unbrick hard bricked xperia x8 unless you send it to SE