[App][Mod]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

zach471

Oct 25, 2010
Richmond, VA
Yikkkes

I dont think i ever downloaded busybox....... Am i fully out or am i able to get back to where i was before i ran the apk and then it rebooted my phone right away..

now when you say Odin flash (is that like installing a whole new Stock and deleting all the files i already have) (is there anyway of backuping up pictures / and then doing a factory reset)

If you're getting any boot at all you're just soft bricked. You can hold down the buttons to access your flashed recovery and do what you need to do from there. I had soft bricks before and had to flash a backup.

All I'm saying is that there is a difference. Odin should be a last resort.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Yikkkkes.... after following [GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean OTA ***UPDATED 12/25*** http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2046439&nocache=1

i has root happy for a bit and no issues But then i ran this apk and it SOFT Brick it (well i think it did) cause whenever i turn on phone now . it get s past galaxy screen and then small tiny vibrate once every 8 seconds or so

Based on this post, you have a soft brick. Bootloops are easily bypassed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TJF2012

Dec 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I flashed a different rom and when I tried to do the installer.. I kept soft bricking my phone about 4 times in a row... I decided to download busybox off the market and bam it worked... so anyone else having this problem .. try downloading busybox off the market

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

ghostofdavid

Dec 29, 2012
Really stupid noob question:

If I am on a rooted, unlocked bootloader Verizon SGIII phone, and I am running CyanogenMod 10, which "ROM" type do I chose?

AOSP or JB TW? I keep trying to search for info. I'm sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already. :D

djteague

Jan 6, 2013
Hanson
Seems to have been installed correctly and running just fine. Can't wait to go out and try it out the the world of retail!

Thanks for the effort you put into this!

:good:

theDK10

Mar 7, 2011
So im on synergy 290 and im trying to install this and i get wallet on the phone but when i run it it says device not ready and has to be fully initialized. Im on verizon s3 and i did restore build prop right before i tried. any suggestions?

TJF2012

Dec 29, 2012
Las Vegas
So im on synergy 290 and im trying to install this and i get wallet on the phone but when i run it it says device not ready and has to be fully initialized. Im on verizon s3 and i did restore build prop right before i tried. any suggestions?

Did you set up the wallet before restoring your build.prop?

If so re-do it and make sure everything is set up before restoring. Then it should work. Im on 290 and I used it yesterday.

HoudiniJr

Nov 9, 2012
Providence

If so re-do it and make sure everything is set up before restoring. Then it should work. Im on 290 and I used it yesterday.

+1 also running Synergy r290. Works great on it. But yes make sure you set it up before you restore build.prop or else it'll just see your device as an S3. Needs to see it as a nexus first :thumbup::cool:

Sent from my Secret Base in Outer Space

brownchm

Jan 24, 2013
Indianapolis
Tested

Has it been tested on the new jellybean kernel

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

What would i Choose if I am running Jelly Bean 9

theDK10

Mar 7, 2011

got it to work perfectly now thanks! BTW did wallet change some things in your settings like your model perhaps haha mine says galaxy nexus now and the little toggles in settings changed? is there anyways to change that back to s3 or does it have to stay like that :silly:

Mikestony

Feb 3, 2012
got it to work perfectly now thanks! BTW did wallet change some things in your settings like your model perhaps haha mine says galaxy nexus now and the little toggles in settings changed? is there anyways to change that back to s3 or does it have to stay like that :silly:

That will change when you restore your build.prop.
The app needs to think your phone is a Nexus so it can install.
Then after installation, and after the build.prop restore, your phone will appear with the correct name.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    No time table just want to know if not when my friend... Lol...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

There will be an update to wallet on my end. I still need to figure out how I want to solve the patching problem though. I have a new method, but until I'm positive it works you'll have to wait for me or someone else to release a patched version. If all goes well though in the future you won't need to come here to know of compatible updates, Wallet will be tricked in real time. I'm not quite there yet though!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Hey guys! Sorry for not being around lately, but I wanted to give you a heads up that I hope to update on the server side this weekend. Thanks for your patience!

Confirmed working nfc tap payments100% New wallet version on as aosp.
    -Uninstall any version of wallet currently installed
    -run washer installer app
    -after reboot set up wallet completely
    -update wallet from the playstore
    -open wallet to confirm tap+pay
    -close wallet
    -restore build.prop using wallet installer

Been testing at several locations, all working correctly. Super easy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    The other patch I've seen involves xposed framework and looks cumbersome for those of us who are flashing ROMs a lot and therefore resetting and reinstalling wallet regularly. Hope whatever you devise is a little smoother ;)

I plan on keeping the installation process very easy as it has been! As far as my plans go, you shouldn't notice any big differences. There will more than likely be a new installer though when I make a full swap to the new method I've been considering.