Development stopped: [APP][Updated 17-04-09] Stylus(BattC)lock (v1.7)

Search This thread

Pietje_1985

Apr 14, 2007
Almere, The Netherlands
Excellent program

Dear ZuinigeRijder....

thank you soo much for this amazing app....it's working perfectly and doesn't have any bugs..(at least, my experience)
Good luck with everything:D

Cheers Jeroen

Last edited:

Blob8me

Nov 1, 2006
Spalding
Thanks from a Raphael user.....

ZuinigeRijder Many, Many thanks for sharing your hard work - I've just added this to the Raphael (Touch Pro) Forum:

I'm constantly "stealing" ideas and applications from the Diamond Thread as theres a huge amount of development going on there and most of its good to go for our Pro's..... :cool:

but this one is absolutely essential to anyone who has accidentally made a call in their pocket, or answered a call etc - Its perfect and I wanted to share in case you hadnt seen it! :)

All credit goes to ZuinigeRijder and he definately has my thanks for sharing his hard work :cool:

Heres the thread link for the cab file and details......

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=426730.

Thanks again..... :cool:

ZuinigeRijder

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
If I have sensorlock installed should be any problem if I had both programs?

It is possible that the lock mechanisms will compete.
StylusLock is on its own simpler than SensorLock, so I think StylusLock will not be the problem (listens to changes in Stylus and battery power only).
However, the SensorLock has more (configurable) possibilities for locking, so maybe that may conflict.

I would propose that you just uninstall SensorLock, while trying StylusLock. In that way you know if StylusLock works for you.

Why would you want both?
Are you missing something in StylusLock?
Which features would you liked to be added to StylusLock?
Or maybe you want a (configurable) feature added to SensorLock?

ZuinigeRijder

Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
Is it possible to just have the power button active all the time and have it enable the lock (lock everthing but the power button) when you go to standby? IE, the lock is off (using fingers) then you press the power button and it goes to standby and triggers lock. Or at least have the power button active all the time and lock everything else would be fantastic.

Right now, I would have to pull out the stylus and put it back in to disable the lock. Then I would pull it back out and put it in again to enable lock, but then the system is not in standby yet (I had to change my power settings to accommodate to this function) so it would be on for 40 sec in my pocket and then goes to standby since the power button is inactive. Also, note that the power button is not active immediately after standby is reached (a feature in case someone throws their phone in a bag?).I don't really understand the purpose of locking the power button when it is on, I doubt people would press it accidentally when using a navigation app.

Just having the power button active would make this app really fantastic and those other suggestions by other posters in making different vibrations would also be nice.

It is possible to go to sleep immediately, when not locked yet.
1. Press the Power button
2. Insert the Stylus, it will vibrate when going to locked

If you do not do step 1., it will go to sleep by the configured Windows settings.

In version 1.1 it will only vibrate when it will be locked when the Stylus is inserted.

Taajuus

Sep 17, 2008
Vantaa
Thanks ZuinigeRijder, this was answer to all my locking needs!

For GPS purposes, it would be nice to have option to lock/unlock with lets say long keypress (home, back, answer, hangup -key), since its bit tricky on my mount to take out stylus for unlocking.

But anyway, this is best so far. I also love your idea to keep app simple and low resource eater.

vibecatalin

Jul 6, 2008
Why would you want both?
Are you missing something in StylusLock?
Which features would you liked to be added to StylusLock?
Or maybe you want a (configurable) feature added to SensorLock?

In SensorLock if you pull out the stylus it unlocks but if you put it back after you've done your work on the diamond it doesn't lock. Your program does that :)

Romulus918

Aug 7, 2008
i like the app a lot, but i have 2 remarks

1. it should be more obvious when the diamond is in locked, like "locked" written whrer "phone" is

2. when you get a call, the phone should be automatically unlocked

ZuinigeRijder

Jun 13, 2008
www.zuinigerijder.com
i like the app a lot, but i have 2 remarks

1. it should be more obvious when the diamond is in locked, like "locked" written whrer "phone" is

2. when you get a call, the phone should be automatically unlocked

I am busy with 1. by adding a notification icon which shows the locked/unlocked state.

The second one will not be implemented, because that is the purpose of the program. However, some people may only want to lock the TouchPanel and not the hardware keys, others want both (like me). I will consider a configuration option for that.

I also discovered, although everything is locked, still the Zoom/Unzoom is active, so another possibility of unlocking can be done. When you start Opera and lock everything, you can still Zoom/Unzoom :eek: However, then I must first search how that can be done programmatically. Anyone some source code how to do that :confused:

superplanete33

Oct 4, 2005
Hello, I also think it would be interesting when we received a call to be answered in the pad or that the phone délock. It is sometimes difficult to escape the diamond its cover, then leave the stylus and respond ....
Otherwise, thank you again for this great job.

Romulus918

Aug 7, 2008
I am busy with 1. by adding a notification icon which shows the locked/unlocked state.

The second one will not be implemented, because that is the purpose of the program. However, some people may only want to lock the TouchPanel and not the hardware keys, others want both (like me). I will consider a configuration option for that.

I also discovered, although everything is locked, still the Zoom/Unzoom is active, so another possibility of unlocking can be done. When you start Opera and lock everything, you can still Zoom/Unzoom :eek: However, then I must first search how that can be done programmatically. Anyone some source code how to do that :confused:

the configuration tool would be great, because, i prefer to have the hardware keys unlocked when i receive a call

ULI22

Jan 25, 2007
Great application! Thank you very much!

but :rolleyes:

what I'm missing is to switch off the ring-sound and/or vibration during an incoming call. This is usually done by pressing one of the volume-buttons, but now they are locked! I know about the "face-down" feature to stop ringing, but I'm wearing my Touch Pro in a belt-case and it is much more convenient to press volume-up key before pulling the device out of its bag.

Leaving at least one volume-key unlocked should not bring any additional problems...

ULI

Last edited: