5,681 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,599

By rodman01, Recognized Themer / Contributor on 10th February 2014, 09:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

About Resurrection Remix ROM ®
Installation
Downloads and useful links

About Resurrection Remix ROM ®

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on AOKP, CM, PA, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Resurrection Remix

supporting many devices

Special thanks to the AOKP team ParanoidAndroid team, the CM team, OMNI team and of course to all the supporters
-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

1.- Please follow the special instructions and preparation for that device
2.- Please read carefully @xsenman Tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643012
3.- Enjoy!

Installation Files

ROM

Core Gapps already Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

Installation procedure for Kit Kat upgrade using Kit Kat Patch
First , Thanks to Developers for this Kit Kat Patch Samsung SHW-M110S [Galaxy S] KitKat PatchTool, 3.0 Kernel

Credits to:-
- @arter97
- @sktjdgns1189
- @sch2307
- Special Thanks to Dokdo
- Special Thanks to Prizm

1) Download:-

Visit Saynogen.com and download the undermentioned Files

Files one to three, should be placed in your SD card, either one
Files 4 & 5 are flashed with Odin3 , so place them in your PC

Now Download
RR Kit Kat Version 5.0.1
RR Kit Kat Version 5.0.2.1 [SHW M110S] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.2.1

and place it on your SD card together with files 1 to 3

credits to Resurrection Remix Team

@westcrip
@xenon92
@rodman01

2) Flash the version 5.0.2.8 recovery & EFS Backup on your Phone, How?

Put your phone into download mode,
Fireup Odin3 on your PC, connect to Odin3 with USB cable,
select m110s-EFS_Backup-recovery.tar under PDA and Flash it.

Ensure you do not reboot the phone by "UNTICK" reboot in Odin3 such that it will not power ON after Flashing, in case it does power ON, just pull out Battery , press power button for 30 seconds and insert battery again

3) After flashing recovery with Odin, You can enter " Recovery Mode" by pressing VolumedownKey+PowerKey+HomeKey.

4) In CWM Recovery version 5.0.2.8, You now choose the M110S_EFSBackupTool.zip. you placed in your SD card by selecting "Install zip from sdcard" which will lead you to "choose zip from sdcard", which will take you to all the folders you have on your SD Card..scroll down to where you placed the downloaded files and select it

Once selected the zip will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed" Now reboot the phone by selecting it in the CWM Menu

Your device will boot up with the ROM, you had before, you can now copy your efs backup for safe keeping or keep it in the SD card, after this you power down the device and put it into download mode again for flashing with Odin3

5)Put your phone into download mode,
Fireup Odin3 on your PC, connect to Odin3 with USB cable,
select m110s-installation-recovery.tar under PDA and Flash it (with auto reboot ticked) and You Device must boot up into CWM 6.0.45 after this by itself ( so do not touch or press anything till it enters CWM 6.0.4.5 recovery).

6) In CWM Recovery version 6.0.4.5, You now choose the m110s-format-system.zip. you placed in your SD card by selecting "Install zip from sdcard" which will lead you to "choose zip from sdcard", which will take you to all the folders you have on your SD Card..scroll down to where you placed the downloaded files and select it

Once selected the zip will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed"

7) Now select Resurrection Remix Kit Kat ROM in your SD card, as above and flash it and wait till it says "install completed"

8) Now Select the M110S_PatchTool.zip. as above and flash it till it says "install completed"

9) Now choose Reboot Phonee and let your device reboot to enjoy the Kit Kat ROM.

Resurrection Remix Team

westcrip

xenon92

Device Maintainers

rodman01 (i9000, T959 and i897)

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Kang (AOKP) team

Omni team

Slim rom

cyberboob [For signatures, images]

BigDenn [For Bootanimations]

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

And special thanks to @xsenman for testing the rom on his device and his guide how to flash the rom

XDA:DevDB Information:
GT-I9000 [BETA] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.3 [10/03/14], a ROM for the Korean Galaxy S / M110S

This Rom is an unofficial kanging of i9100 thread by @westcrip lead author of Resurrection Remix®. So all credits and thanks goes to westcrip!!
I only build this rom for our S1 from their source, compiled with Mackay Kernel and core gapps added.

Known bug M110S
NO Update in Settings/Resurrection Tools!
Probably: no ringtone
Front camera FC!
fixed in current version with cm kernel

Contributors
rodman01

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2014-02-10

Created 2014-02-10
Last Updated 2014-03-10
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rodman01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rodman01 Ad-Free
10th February 2014, 09:31 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Themer / Contributor
Flag Allgäu

More
reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rodman01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rodman01 Ad-Free
10th February 2014, 09:33 PM |#3  
Flag Allgäu

More
Video Screenshots
SCREENSHOTS

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rodman01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rodman01 Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 09:18 PM |#4  
Flag Allgäu

More
new version WIP....
Is someone using this rom version for out brother S1? Any test results and feedbacks? New version 5.2.1 will be available soon. Again with core gapps already included.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodman01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rodman01 Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 11:07 PM |#5  
Flag Allgäu

More
new version uploaded
update v5.0.2.1 online: Resurrection_Remix_KK_v5.0.2.1-CoreGapps-i9000.zip
Download link in op or direct link here: https://www.mediafire.com/?srbrxmdkr6h6vsj

- Mackay Kernel included (front cam freeze)
- Core Gapps included
- Special Trebuchet Launcher included (transparent background setting etc.), thanks to sbradymobile for the changes and his help
- Modded MMs with up to 10 rows of written text visible in SMS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rodman01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rodman01 Ad-Free
Namicore
14th February 2014, 10:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just flashed this on my SHW-M110S. Smooth and Fast. Big problem i having is can't send SMS (tested on both version)
14th February 2014, 11:39 AM |#7  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,377

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namicore

Just flashed this on my SHW-M110S. Smooth and Fast. Big problem i having is can't send SMS (tested on both version)

Not an issue in mine, able to receive and sent sms, so its likely you need to use the repair kit and start from the begining , also move your contents to PC and Format Internal SD card before trying.

14th February 2014, 01:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile
I Installed it and the speed and the interface is very good, only the ringtone and the use of microphone for search or record something is the problem, but i hope that the problem will be solved in near future.

Thanks a lot
Very very good!!
14th February 2014, 02:28 PM |#9  
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikin33

I Installed it and the speed and the interface is very good, only the ringtone and the use of microphone for search or record something is the problem, but i hope that the problem will be solved in near future.

Thanks a lot
Very very good!!

yes, already mentioned in the tutorial (about it), the reason being, M110S uses Qualcomm baseband chip and all other Galaxy S models use Infineon X-Gold 616 baseband (Modem), and this Rom is based on i9000. SO its a hardware issue that needs to be overcome.

Namicore
14th February 2014, 02:40 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

Not an issue in mine, able to receive and sent sms, so its likely you need to use the repair kit and start from the begining , also move your contents to PC and Format Internal SD card before trying.

Okay. i downloaded Repair toolkit and flashed 4 files and followed from the beginning but still having problem with sending sms
i'm able to receive sms but when i try to send sms i'm getting this error message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"
I though Patch file is corrupted so i downloaded and flashed agian but still having the same problem
Maybe efs corrupted?

Edit :
i can send sms with jelly bean and gingerbread roms
14th February 2014, 03:03 PM |#11  
Flag Philippines

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namicore

"Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"

Look in FAQ [POLL][FAQ][Discussion] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S [i9000][i9001][M110S]
for guide How to get over crashes like "Unfortunately, the process android.process.......stopped"
Do a factory reset, if did not resolve format system too.

ubfortnately this may not work as you have patch, so try installing GO sms or better
8sms or other SMS app from play store to check if it gets solved also clearing data and cache of the app would be good.

The ROM, does not have this issue as it is also used by i9000 members. so something else is causing the problem . goodnight
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)