Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

cm-11-20140227-NIGHTLY-falcon --- Bootloop issue after OTA-Update

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By Volkan66, Member on 27th February 2014, 10:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

today i have made a OTA-Update over the Cyanogenmod-Updater (CWM-Version: 6.0.4.6) from Version cm-11-20140220-NIGHTLY-falcon to cm-11-20140227-NIGHTLY-falcon and everything went fine.

But after the first reboot i have got a bootloop issue. The only thing you can do is, to wait about 4-5 minutes; then the system starts normally und you can enter your pin-code.

Another interesting thing was that after the update my "es file explorer" get warning -> something like missing file and was deinstalled by itself without asking me.

Now i installed the es file explorer again and get the same warning again.

Hope you can help me.

27th February 2014, 10:31 AM |#2  
Flag Oberschlesien
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Did you try to wipe cache and dalvic cache in CWM?
27th February 2014, 10:35 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyrul3z

Did you try to wipe cache and dalvic cache in CWM?

No. I just make a dirty flash over the Cyanogemod-Updater under Settings.
27th February 2014, 11:27 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
So, i have made now a wipe cache and dalvik cache in CWM but this does not solve the bootloop issue and the strange deinstallation of my apps.

Whenever i start the Phone with the power button it tooks about 5 minutes to enter my pin code.

After each system start one app is in random order deinstalled by itself. This time my es file explorer is ok but gmail was deinstalled.

I have had never such issues on the cm-11-20140220-NIGHTLY-falcon.

The cm-11-20140227-NIGHTLY-falcon seems to be buggy and should be removed from the official OTA-Update.
27th February 2014, 06:11 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkan66

So, i have made now a wipe cache and dalvik cache in CWM but this does not solve the bootloop issue and the strange deinstallation of my apps.

Whenever i start the Phone with the power button it tooks about 5 minutes to enter my pin code.

After each system start one app is in random order deinstalled by itself. This time my es file explorer is ok but gmail was deinstalled.

I have had never such issues on the cm-11-20140220-NIGHTLY-falcon.

The cm-11-20140227-NIGHTLY-falcon seems to be buggy and should be removed from the official OTA-Update.

Hi, I have the same situation as you. I flashed from 24th to 27th, everything was OK. After that I flashed pink kernel from 21th.
After that flashing I had over and over bootloops. Wipe/factory reset - nothing changes. I formated internal card fully and now I would like to flash I don't know stock or maybe still CM but I'm sure not 27th release.
27th February 2014, 06:20 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkan66

Hey guys,

today i have made a OTA-Update over the Cyanogenmod-Updater (CWM-Version: 6.0.4.6) from Version cm-11-20140220-NIGHTLY-falcon to cm-11-20140227-NIGHTLY-falcon and everything went fine.

But after the first reboot i have got a bootloop issue. The only thing you can do is, to wait about 4-5 minutes; then the system starts normally und you can enter your pin-code.

Another interesting thing was that after the update my "es file explorer" get warning -> something like missing file and was deinstalled by itself without asking me.

Now i installed the es file explorer again and get the same warning again.

Hope you can help me.

What recovery do you have installed?
27th February 2014, 07:23 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
january waower
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranc

What recovery do you have installed?

I have installed ClockworkMod-Recovery (CWM): cwm-6.0.4.6

I don't have any problems with the recovery but with the Nightly Update from 27th February.

I can't understand how the cm-11-20140227-NIGHTLY-falcon can get official, when a lots of people have the same problem: bootloops.
27th February 2014, 07:28 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by =dgim=

Hi, I have the same situation as you. I flashed from 24th to 27th, everything was OK. After that I flashed pink kernel from 21th.
After that flashing I had over and over bootloops. Wipe/factory reset - nothing changes. I formated internal card fully and now I would like to flash I don't know stock or maybe still CM but I'm sure not 27th release.

I totally agree with you. I won't do a full format of the internal card. Just waiting for the next Nightly in the hope that dhacker improves this issue.

Do you have also problems with GMAIL. After each restart GMAIL is lost. I must install it each time new.
27th February 2014, 07:57 PM |#9  

More
I had the same problem and haven't fixed it yet. I had CWM 6.0.4.5 installed when CM updater tried to install 0227 and I'm wondering if that could be the problem as dhacker29 recommended an update to the CWM he specified to avoid "accidental wiping of critical partitions."
I dunno, but so far it looks like I'm going to have to restore stock firmware and start from scratch....
27th February 2014, 08:17 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranc

I had the same problem and haven't fixed it yet. I had CWM 6.0.4.5 installed when CM updater tried to install 0227 and I'm wondering if that could be the problem as dhacker29 recommended an update to the CWM he specified to avoid "accidental wiping of critical partitions."
I dunno, but so far it looks like I'm going to have to restore stock firmware and start from scratch....

So, I installed by mfastboot for now the newest stock rom 4.4.2 DE, updated to the latest release and rooted.
Maybe I'll flash also kernel to faux's release. Very strange issue. I flashed CM several times and today's issue was the first time.
27th February 2014, 08:21 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by =dgim=

I've just wiped /data/media ("sdcard") and have successfully installed and booted feb 27th build. Strange problem but that looks like the solution....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)