Q: rooting Huawei G535-L11 (kestrel from EE)

Search This thread

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
hi, is there a way of rooting this phone, i've tried all rooting methods (one click , Vroot , framaroot, SRS, etc....) no luck, any suggestions from our XDA devs here ??

vulpy

Nov 6, 2010
I am super disapointed with the lack of interest form the modding community. Kestrel beats MotoG in multiple areas and is a cracking piece of HW. My daily driver now (left my Note 3 as a backup device)
WIth Android 4.2 and Snapdragon 400 onboard, device is plenty fast, I would just like to get CM11 on it for the sake of a pure experience.
I guess rooting is becoming less and less of interest and OEMs doing a better job at developing their SW...

hi, is there a way of rooting this phone, i've tried all rooting methods (one click , Vroot , framaroot, SRS, etc....) no luck, any suggestions from our XDA devs here ??

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
I am super disapointed with the lack of interest form the modding community. Kestrel beats MotoG in multiple areas and is a cracking piece of HW. My daily driver now (left my Note 3 as a backup device)
WIth Android 4.2 and Snapdragon 400 onboard, device is plenty fast, I would just like to get CM11 on it for the sake of a pure experience.
I guess rooting is becoming less and less of interest and OEMs doing a better job at developing their SW...[/QUOT

No, this is a tough phone to root, every root method failed, and VRoot claim that they root any phone, wrong not the Kestrel, even though bootloader unlocked, Bizzar:eek:

vulpy

Nov 6, 2010
Thanks mate, I appreciate Huawei may have played the bad guys and made it tougher to root. I am having a hard time understanding why a pure consumer product like this one is locked so tightly by the OEM... It's not like they are trying to attack the entreprise market, next thing you know they will add a Knox like mechanism :(

I guess rooting is becoming less and less of interest and OEMs doing a better job at developing their SW...[/QUOT

No, this is a tough phone to root, every root method failed, and VRoot claim that they root any phone, wrong not the Kestrel, even though bootloader unlocked, Bizzar:eek:

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
Thanks mate, I appreciate Huawei may have played the bad guys and made it tougher to root. I am having a hard time understanding why a pure consumer product like this one is locked so tightly by the OEM... It's not like they are trying to attack the entreprise market, next thing you know they will add a Knox like mechanism :(

i'm sure one of our devs here will come up with the root just to prove them wrong, i understand its a new phone branded as EE kestrel ,just about 1 month since its launch, i mean Huawei were quite good , supply the code to unlock the bootloader. i wish there was an old fashion way to root it, all these super one click methods don't hack it.

All we need is: Root file + recovery file :highfive:

Last edited:

snouki

Dec 12, 2007
Cancale
plus.google.com

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
Hello, i have a probleme with this method, my binarie doesn't work and i don't can re-root device, do you have solution?

this will root any devices, as long if your bootloader is unlocked, i didn't encounter any problems with mine , i've unlocked the bootloader first and then install the tr (towelroot) apk on the phone, one click 20 seconds later ,its rooted, it worked on all sumsung galaxys, this is the new one click root that'll root any device that failed with all the others rooting methods.
hope this helps.

minhajsyed

Apr 21, 2005
this will root any devices, as long if your bootloader is unlocked, i didn't encounter any problems with mine , i've unlocked the bootloader first and then install the tr (towelroot) apk on the phone, one click 20 seconds later ,its rooted, it worked on all sumsung galaxys, this is the new one click root that'll root any device that failed with all the others rooting methods.
hope this helps.

How did you get your bootloader unlocked? As in..who did you contact?

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
Just used the link above, and added an email with the phone details, they sent me the unlock codes within 30mn. Installed huawei suite on PC to get drivers. They have a guide on how to, in their site. That's it.

Sent from my Kestrel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

minhajsyed

Apr 21, 2005
EE Kestrel is G535-L11 which is not listed in the link. I also emailed Huawei and have waited for three weeks and have not had any responses.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Just used the link above, and added an email with the phone details, they sent me the unlock codes within 30mn. Installed huawei suite on PC to get drivers. They have a guide on how to, in their site. That's it.

Sorry to be a pest, but could you tell me which email address you sent your request to. I have tried the email on that page and I get a failure notice back.

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
email the huawei the chiness site , not the english one,
it doesn't matter ,its not listed, just fill in everything ,leave the make out (not listed)
send them a seperate email to mobile@mail01.huawei.com , with :

Product:G535-L11

SN: Y4M7N########314 product IMEI: 86############7 product ID: 31####60

they will respond. just tell them ,how good the phone is and all that bla bla,

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
EE Kestrel is G535-L11 which is not listed in the link. I also emailed Huawei and have waited for three weeks and have not had any responses.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Sorry to be a pest, but could you tell me which email address you sent your request to. I have tried the email on that page and I get a failure notice back.

have you tried towelroot ? did it work with your bootloader locked ?

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
screen shot

Attachments

• 2014-06-17-19-48-57-493.jpg
    2014-06-17-19-48-57-493.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,310

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
Yeah I have tried it and it roots the device but I am unable to install custom rom.

what custom roms, there aren't any custom roms for the kestrel , not yet.
1- you'll need a custom recovery ( they haven't made one yet )
if you've found one that works with the kestrel , post the link

don't go flashing roms that aren't for your phone, you'll end up with a brick

minhajsyed

Apr 21, 2005
what custom roms, there aren't any custom roms for the kestrel , not yet.
1- you'll need a custom recovery ( they haven't made one yet )
if you've found one that works with the kestrel , post the link

don't go flashing roms that aren't for your phone, you'll end up with a brick

Wow..Huawei sent the code within 5 minutes of emailing them! Bootloader now unlocked!! Thank you so much.

I am gonna try out G6 ROM and see what happens to the phone.

rophaq

Jun 2, 2010
south bucks
Have you got a working custom recovery, to make a backup first. If you have one, send it to me. Cos I need one.

Top Liked Posts