Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ben74

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2006
Hi,
this app doesn't work for me !
The unlock in ont possible.
I warn you that a use encryption of my external SD card with alphanumeric password on my Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.1.2.

What is the problem ?

sorry, the app doesn't work with full device encryption enabled. this is stated in the app description and faq.

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
If I move your app in to system/ and turn off the notification icon.... would it help it from being killed by Android in OOM or Low memory situations (4.3)?

nope, there is no benefit to making it a system app

Google should add a 'whitelist' function to which you can add apps that you trust being open all the time, without the need to show a permanent notification icon. I now have 4 permanent icons there taking up space for real notifications :(

Is it possible to add an unlock with trusted bluetooth connection option?

The new Unlocker beta-version has this and it works perfectly :)

M

milesbennetdyson

Hi, I've recently moved to JB from GB and the app I used to use to unlock on wifi (Unlock at Home Using Wifi) isn't compatible with JB. Unlock With Wifi is the best JB-compatiable wifi unlock app I've found, although there's just one problem.

After a restart it takes a while for the app tp start up, and I am able to get into my Gmail etc until UWW kicks in. Is there anything than can be done to speed the startup up? If someone stole my phone they could keep restarting and do what they want (maybe uninstall UWW).

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
Hi, I've recently moved to JB from GB and the app I used to use to unlock on wifi (Unlock at Home Using Wifi) isn't compatible with JB. Unlock With Wifi is the best JB-compatiable wifi unlock app I've found, although there's just one problem.

After a restart it takes a while for the app tp start up, and I am able to get into my Gmail etc until UWW kicks in. Is there anything than can be done to speed the startup up? If someone stole my phone they could keep restarting and do what they want (maybe uninstall UWW).

this is a known behavior. if the phone is unlocked, and you reboot it, the app doesn't have a chance to lock it before it gets killed by the system. the app can't lock the phone until it starts up. the system starts apps in no particular order after booting, and gives no guarantees about when they start. so sometimes it takes a little while for UWW to start and lock the phone. however, this is not really dangerous. this only happens when the phone was rebooted while it was unlocked, so you must be at home and no one is likely to steal your phone while you're at home. otherwise, why would you use the app at all? :)

M

milesbennetdyson

this is a known behavior. if the phone is unlocked, and you reboot it, the app doesn't have a chance to lock it before it gets killed by the system. the app can't lock the phone until it starts up. the system starts apps in no particular order after booting, and gives no guarantees about when they start. so sometimes it takes a little while for UWW to start and lock the phone. however, this is not really dangerous. this only happens when the phone was rebooted while it was unlocked, so you must be at home and no one is likely to steal your phone while you're at home. otherwise, why would you use the app at all? :)

Yeah it's not that big of a problem I suppose, but I should've said in my other post that it sometimes doesn't kick in after I've left my house for a while, so I could be a few minutes down the road and turn the phone on and it hasn't locked, so someone could have a look through or restart the phone.

But then they wouldn't know it was about to be locked so probably wouldn't restart the phone. I just wondered if I could make it start up/kick in after disconnecting from wifi any quicker. I think coming from GB where the app I used to use started up pretty much immediately, I expected the same on JB. THinking about it later it doesn't really matter that much, but thanks for your reply, it's a nice app.

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
Yeah it's not that big of a problem I suppose, but I should've said in my other post that it sometimes doesn't kick in after I've left my house for a while, so I could be a few minutes down the road and turn the phone on and it hasn't locked, so someone could have a look through or restart the phone.

But then they wouldn't know it was about to be locked so probably wouldn't restart the phone. I just wondered if I could make it start up/kick in after disconnecting from wifi any quicker. I think coming from GB where the app I used to use started up pretty much immediately, I expected the same on JB. THinking about it later it doesn't really matter that much, but thanks for your reply, it's a nice app.

that is by design. the app doesn't lock the phone immediately after wifi disconnects, in case it's just a temporary disconnection. you can adjust the time it waits to lock with phone in the settings. it's called Wifi Timeout.

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
big news! i'm finally launching the public beta of SkipLock, the completely rewritten Unlock With WiFi. please post all comments in that new thread. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock With WiFi has been reborn as SkipLock!

Unlock With WiFi is now available on the Android Market! Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Get it on the Android Market

What does the app do?

Unlock with WiFi unlocks your device when you're connected to your home WiFi network. What does "unlock" mean? It means you don't have to enter your password/pattern/PIN when you turn on your phone. When you're at home, or work, you don't need to worry about losing your phone, so why should you have to enter your password?

How does it work?

When you get home (or to work, whatever), and connect to your WiFi network, your device will unlock. Then when you leave, and the WiFi disconnects, the device will lock again.

You have to enter your password the first time after you connect to your WiFi network. This is so that if someone steals or finds your phone, they can't just bring it to your house to unlock it. After you enter your password once while connected to your WiFi network, you won't have to enter it again until you leave/disconnect.

What else does it do?

You can also set a lock delay, for when you're not at home. The default delay is set to 5 seconds, so when you turn the screen off, the device won't lock until 5 seconds have passed. That way, if you remember something you forgot to do, you can turn it back on without entering your password.

There are also options to:
    • Turn off WiFi when you leave home
    • Turn on Bluetooth when you leave home
    • Turn off Bluetooth when you get home
    • Turn on Sync when you get home
    • Turn off Sync when you leave home

If you have any problems with the app, please post on this thread, or PM me. Also, the app has a built in feature for reporting bugs. It will send me the system log file via email. You need to install SendLog in order for this to work, but please do so because the log file is extremely helpful to me for troubleshooting.

Please read the FAQ before posting a question or reporting a problem.

I hope you like the app, and look forward to hearing your feedback!

Known limitations:

See the FAQ for known limitations.

Versions:

There are two versions: free and full. The free version only allows you to configure one wifi network as a home network, and the extra options are disabled. Note that the free version no longer shows ads! If you like it, please buy the full version. The full version allows an unlimited number of home networks, and all the options are enabled. You can get the full version on the Android Market.

Changelog

I will no longer be maintaining the changelog here. See my website for release notes.

Cheers,
    Ben
    Yeah, it's coming along. The new UI is pretty much done, and the original functionality is close to being done. I'm mostly writing unit tests now. Can't promise anything but hopefully I'll have a beta ready in about a week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    ok, i have finally have a new version for you all! this is version 2.4, and it includes ICS compatibility, but not unlock with bluetooth yet. bluetooth still needs some testing, but it's coming soon.

if you're on ICS, you'll find that the setup wizard prompts you to enter your phone's password, in order to enable device admin mode, which is the only mode that works properly in ICS.

note that after you have setup UWW, and you have connected to a home wifi network, you can go into the security settings and choose whether you want to have to slide to unlock. you can ONLY choose this while connected to a home wifi and the phone is unlocked. if you want no slide, choose None under Screen Lock. however, using slide to unlock will prevent the volume buttons from turning the screen on (a known problem).

there were a lot of changes in ICS that i had to account for, so if you find bugs, please post them here. i'm sure there will be a few. i'll fix them as soon as possible. thanks.

you can get the new, fully featured, paid version for free from getjar:
    http://www.getjar.com/unlockwithwifi.

i'll release 2.4 on the android market once i feel most of the bugs are worked out.
    I’m proud to announce the release of Unlock With WiFi 2.0! This is a major update that adds some often requested features. The biggest new feature is Device Admin mode. DA mode uses a different method of unlocking the phone. Why use a different method? Well, here are some of DA mode’s advantages:

• Preserves the slide-to-unlock screen – If the power button gets pressed when it’s in your pocket, the slide-to-unlock screen prevents random screen presses from launching apps or calling someone.
    • Blocks the volume and other buttons from turning on the screen – With the original unlocking method, the volume buttons could turn on the screen, which could waste battery if you’re accidentally hitting them in your pocket.
    • Solves a problem some devices have with the screen turning itself on when lock delay is enabled – Hopefully more people will be able to use lock delay without problems.

DA mode does have one disadvantage: It only works if you use a password or PIN to unlock your phone. Pattern locks are not compatible with DA mode. This is a limitation of Android itself, not UWW. Sorry, there’s nothing I can do about this.

In addition to DA mode, version 2.0 includes these new features:

• Turn on Bluetooth when you leave home – Maybe you use a headset in the car, or you car has a bluetooth hands-free unit.
    • Turn off Bluetooth when you get home – Saves battery power
    • Turn off Auto Sync when you leave home – Saves battery and reduces your cellular data usage. This is especially useful if you’re on a limited data plan.
    • Turn on Auto Sync when you get home – Once you’re on WiFi, you don’t have to worry about data usage.

I hope you enjoy the new version. If you find a bug, please be patient and email me about it. I will fix it right away. Don’t go leaving negative comments just because of one little bug. If you work with me, it will be solved!

Edit: See the OP for the free version APK

This text is from my blog post:
    http://benhirashima.com/posts/unlock-with-wifi-2-0-is-out/
    this is PERFECT.
    thank you so much.
    i'll report any bugs in a sec.