[CM7/MIUI/ICS/CM9][06.01.12] Modems + Bootloaders(MD5)

Search This thread

mloc33

Nov 10, 2010
VA
I`m in the middle of testing all the modems, why is it that very few of them can lock on to me via wi-fi in Gmaps, I would have thought that it would be a fairly strong lock since it`s using the wi-fi?

Most of the time I can`t get a lock...

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
I`m in the middle of testing all the modems, why is it that very few of them can lock on to me via wi-fi in Gmaps, I would have thought that it would be a fairly strong lock since it`s using the wi-fi?

Most of the time I can`t get a lock...
modem has absolutely nothing to do with wifi.

encho

Jul 10, 2010
So why do I get gmap lock with some modems and not others, is it all down to the type of modem and the area I live in?

Yes I think that's how it works. I find JVQ and JVO best for Irish network. Excellent reception and fast gps. Still have to try few of them, it all comes down to finding best compromise in terms of speed/battery/gps.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

mloc33

Nov 10, 2010
VA
Yes I think that's how it works. I find JVQ and JVO best for Irish network. Excellent reception and fast gps. Still have to try few of them, it all comes down to finding best compromise in terms of speed/battery/gps.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Well I'm about half way through them and I'd say theres 3-4 that are keepers..
Is there a certain amount of time I should leave the modern installed before trying another one?

Sent from my jocks to your eyes..

Christophe86

Feb 19, 2011
Ghent
I'm using XXJVR modem on MIUI and live in Belgium. Network (2G) reception is great, got a fast GPS fix and it's working very accurate. Wifi reception is the best i've got so far (with other modems, I was unable to connect with my WIFI router when on my room). Battery usage is ok. Had better results with other modems, but the overall reception wasn't that great.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

siky_dude

Nov 21, 2010
Constanta
I'm using XXJVR modem on MIUI and live in Belgium. Network (2G) reception is great, got a fast GPS fix and it's working very accurate. Wifi reception is the best i've got so far (with other modems, I was unable to connect with my WIFI router when on my room). Battery usage is ok. Had better results with other modems, but the overall reception wasn't that great.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

modem has nothing to do with wi-fi...

madd0g

May 8, 2010
If you're unable to connect, check channels.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

codeblue315

Hi there, thanks siky_dude for putting together this fantastic page. I was just wondering though as I read thru the whole post, I've noticed that there are a lot of different modems that seem to be recommended for just about everyone (i.e JVQ, JVR, etc.). I currently use KC1, and although for the most part the signal is great, the battery drain is terrible. I was wondering if anyone knew what worked best for midwest USA, say Chicago area? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Hi there, thanks siky_dude for putting together this fantastic page. I was just wondering though as I read thru the whole post, I've noticed that there are a lot of different modems that seem to be recommended for just about everyone (i.e JVQ, JVR, etc.). I currently use KC1, and although for the most part the signal is great, the battery drain is terrible. I was wondering if anyone knew what worked best for midwest USA, say Chicago area? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Try kg3.

Sent from my Galaxy S using xda premium

Reactions: codeblue315

Top Liked Posts