FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to official support page for AFWall+

Quote:

Disclaimer - As Usual. I'll not take any responsible if something goes wrong when using AFWall+

Introduction
Quote:

AFWall+ is an improved version of DroidWall(front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall). It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks (2G/3G/4G/LTE and/or Wi-Fi and while in roaming).Since the original author of Droidwall
discontinued the project, I decided to keep the app instead of Avast Firewall. I'll continue to add more features as I can.

Features
Quote:

- Supports 5.x to 9.x
- Import/Export Rules to external storage
- Import DroidWall Rules
- Search Applications
- Multiple Profiles with custom names
- Tasker/Locale support
- Select All/None/Invert/Clear applications with single click
- Revamped Rules/Logs Viewer with copy/export to external storage
- Ability to view the network interfaces
- Highlight system applications with custom color
- Notify on new installations
- Ability to hide application icons( faster loading )
- Use LockPattern for application protection.
- Show/Hide application ID.
- Roaming Control for 3G/Edge
- VPN Control
- LAN Control
- Tether Control
- IPV6 Control
- Tor Control
- Choose able languages
- Choose able iptables/busybox binary
- Supports MIPS/x86/ARM
- DNS Hostname

Changelog - See third Post
Quote:

Current Version - 3.2.0-BETA

Quote:

To get Unlocker without Google services - Please follow the instructions here

AFWall+ BETA Program
Quote:

1) AFWall+ opt-in for beta program
2) Install AFWall+ and If you have any issues, just send email from (Menu -> Firewall Rules - > Send error report)

Source Code/Wiki/FAQ
Quote:

AFWall+ is an free & opensource application
Github
Log an issue
Frequently Asked Questions
Many Thanks to @CHEF-KOCH

Translations
Quote:

Translations - Please help me with translations in your language.
http://crowdin.net/project/afwall

Thanks To/Credits
Quote:

- German translations by [email protected] & [email protected] & [email protected]
- French translations by [email protected] & [email protected]
- Russian translations by [email protected] & YaroslavKa78
- Spanish translations by [email protected]
- Dutch translations by [email protected]
- Japanese translation by [email protected]
- Ukrainian translation by [email protected]
- Slovenian translation by bunga [email protected]
- Chinese Simplified translation by [email protected]
- Polish translations by tst,Piotr [email protected]
- Swedish translations by [email protected]
- Greek Translations by [email protected]
- Portuguese translations by [email protected]
- Chinese Traditional by [email protected]
- Chinese Simplified by wuwufei,tianchaoren @ crowdin
- Italian translations by [email protected]
- Romanian tranlations by [email protected]
- Czech translations by Syk3s

Cheers,
ukanth

XDA:DevDB Information
AFWall+ [ IPTables Firewall ], App for the Android General

Contributors
ukanth
Source Code: https://github.com/ukanth/afwall

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.1.0
Stable Release Date: 2019-02-16
Current Beta Version: 3.2.0-BETA
Beta Release Date: 2019-07-02

Created 2013-12-03
Last Updated 2019-07-02
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	logs.jpg
Views:	37390
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2520862   Click image for larger version

Name:	main.jpg
Views:	38188
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	2520863   Click image for larger version

Name:	menu.jpg
Views:	36859
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	2520864   Click image for larger version

Name:	mode.jpg
Views:	35119
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	2520865   Click image for larger version

Name:	preferences.jpg
Views:	34841
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	2520866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile.jpg
Views:	33688
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	2520867   Click image for larger version

Name:	rules.jpg
Views:	33609
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	2520868   Click image for larger version

Name:	search.jpg
Views:	32262
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	2520869   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140117_082541.jpg
Views:	30977
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	2520871  
The Following 376 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th October 2012, 05:41 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,764

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Version 3.0.1

* Fix: Status toggle widget 1x1
* Fix: Ability to hide ongoing notification (Stop firewall and restart to hide after disable it in preferences)
* Fix: Firewall error notification on oreo and above
* Security: Tile toggle checks for password
* User reported crashes
* Updated translations

Previous version 3.0.0

Features:
* Better support for nougat/oreo and pie.
* Firewall toggle tile
* Adaptive Icons
* Notification channels
* Tor support

Bugs:
* General bug fixes and crash reports.
* Language selection bug
* Filter selection bug
* Compatible with magisk 17.x
* Better handling of background process
* Drops support for 4.x devices
* Update languages
* Updated libraries

Complete Changelog

The Following 69 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2016, 04:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Complete Changelog

Feature Request:

Can you please add a feature that will notify me when an app is trying to access the internet? Like NoRoot Firewall? I see an option for newly installed applications. I have white-listed the applications and if there is an option to enable or disable internet access when they demand it, that would just be fantastic. UX 101.
26th October 2012, 10:21 PM |#4  
Flag Bergamo
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Great, I have been waiting for someone to take over and update best firewall for our phones. Anything that we should now about this release in particular?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to vault1965 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vault1965 Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 09:23 AM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,764

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vault1965

Great, I have been waiting for someone to take over and update best firewall for our phones. Anything that we should now about this release in particular?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for feedback... I've updated the second post for changelog.
Please check the same.

Sent from my HTC Desire
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2019, 09:58 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Thanks for feedback... I've updated the second post for changelog.
Please check the same.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Sorry for quoting, i did this to make sure you notice my question. I checked your faq section in github, but did not notice any answer. So asking here.

1. Say I just installed an application in my android while the afwall+ (donate) still running in my device. However, after finishing installation of the app, i forgot to press "apply rules" in the afwall+ app. I opened the application, did use the application for some time, then I realized I forgot to apply rules in afwall and then only i opened the afwall and applied the rules for that app.

Does that mean my data leak can happen to that app during that initial few minutes i used the app before I applied rules in afwall? I usually disconnect all data during installation of a new app and press "apply rules" button immediately after a new app installed and then only i connect data in my phone, to make sure the app can access data only via the intended way, i.e. no data leak can happen. But this time I forgot and my phone had active wifi during that app installation process and first time running for few minutes. I am afraid that my wifi data been leaked to the app as I did use the app for few minutes before pressing the "apply rules" button after installation of that app.

Or afwall just block all kind of network/data access for any newly installed app until and unless I open the afwall and apply particular rules for that app?

Needless to say that afwall was running fine before, during and after that app installation was being happened in my device.

2. In the app list in afwall app, afwall itself is listed there and all the boxes are unticked by default, means afwall itself has no data access in my device. I did not notice this earlier, noticed just today and I ticked all boxes for afwall app, i.e. allowed all network access. I am noob in all this technical jargon, but I guess afwall need all the data access for itself to work properly, am I correct? So does that mean till today afwall was not working properly as it seems it was blocked from all kind of data access (mobile data, wifi, vpn, etc) in my device?

Kindly reply me, as this is important for me. Thank you very much for your time and it's a really great job you did with this app.

Edit: My phone running android nougat 7.1.1, it's rooted, tarpor, superstar, busybox installed.. I installed afwall as normal app, not system app. My phone has almost all google service (google play, gmail, duo, etc basically almost all google apps except the very essential ones to run the system) and all OEM bloatware removed. This is not custom rom, but stock rom.
23rd January 2019, 10:21 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,075

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by networknoob

...long quote...

As long as you use the "whitelist mode" of AFWall, no data will be leaked after app installation. AFWall will block all data of apps that you don't have explicitly checked in AFWall. In case you use the "blacklist mode", where you manually have to exclude apps from accessing the internet, you do most likely had some data leakage.

AFWall itself does not require network access to work properly.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
23rd January 2019, 10:46 AM |#8  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,949

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portgas D. Ace

Personally, I've granted AFWall network access to allow AFWall to resolve names for the protocol logging.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
23rd January 2019, 11:35 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,075

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

Personally, I've granted AFWall network access to allow AFWall to resolve names for the protocol logging.

Well, this is actually something I haven't thought about. But is there any benefit due to this? I mean, AFWall blocks the traffic for those apps, why should I be interested in those target adresses?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
23rd January 2019, 12:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portgas D. Ace

As long as you use the "whitelist mode" of AFWall, no data will be leaked after app installation. AFWall will block all data of apps that you don't have explicitly checked in AFWall. In case you use the "blacklist mode", where you manually have to exclude apps from accessing the internet, you do most likely had some data leakage.

Thank you for your confirmation man, i really appreciate. However, i have no idea what's this white and blacklist mode is. Does it something to do with the options in main window where it by default ticked the box "allow selected" and obviously the remaining box which called "block selected" is unticked? I kept that options that way ("allow selected" box ticked) since installation of afwall, didn't change anything in that. Please refer to the screen1 image attached.

Also I got another question. It seems you're pretty knowledgeable in this regard and I am glad that you cared to reply me, thanks a lot for that. I want to totally block ipv6 traffic in my phone. And my network situation is like - i am getting data connection to this subject android phone (where I have afwall installed) via wifi from a hotspot of "another" android mobile. That "another" android mobile has has it's own data connection from the mobile 4g sim. So what I did just created an APN in that "another" mobile where "apn protocol" and "apn roaming protocol" is only ipv4. So i guess if the source connection that "another" mobile getting is only ipv4, then the "subject" mobile (where afwall installeer) is getting ipv4 traffic only and therefore there is no need of any additional settings to be done in afwall, am i correct in this? For apn settings in that "another" mobile, please refer screen2 attached here.

However, later i thought, what if i am wrong, what if the source mobile itself not getting ipv6 traffic, but passing the same to the destination mobile through hotspot. As i said, i am noon in this matter. So i did the ipv6 block setting in afwall as well in the "destination" mobile. Kindly refer to screen3 attached here and can you tell me if the settings i did in afwall to totally block any ipv6 traffic is correct?

Can you please check all 3 images and tell me if i am wrong in anything? It will be highly appreciated.

Again i cant thank you enough as you took time to reply. Have a very good day sir.

screen1
screen2
screen3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
block internet, droidwall, firewall, iptables, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)