[03-04-2008] Slim 19199 WM 6.1 Rom

Search This thread

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
This is basically a clone of Merlin reloaded's slim wm 6.1 however the build has been upgraded from 19716 to 19199. The files were ported from the hermes build and I have verified that internet sharing DOES work on this build unlike build 19716. This build does not contain Merlin's font. The SYS portion is vanilla. The oem portion contains some basic apps such as camera, wm5torage etc.

Nothing has been done to prevent you from dumping this rom and using it as a base. On the contrary I ENCOURAGE you to and will also be including the Slim_19199_Cooking_Kit.zip which contains the ROM, SYS and OEM folders used to help with this.

Application List:

* TodayAgenda
* wm5torage
* HTC Album
* HTC Camera
* Total Commander CE
* BT Explorer
* WiFiFoFum
* Disabled Customer Feedback
* Standard Games
* Office 2007
* Touch Dialer
* Touch Duo Commmgr
* Alt-Tab + Smartskey
* DotFred TaskMgr
* PocketXPDF
* NetworkWizard
* HTC AudioManager
* Btcrawler
* Minimal footprint!
* WLAN G-Mode enabled!
* Touch Scroll only
* Arcsoft MMS

OS only! No EXTROM/IPL/SPL included! This rom does NOT include splash screens 1 and 2 so whatever you are currently using will remain showing.

=========Credits=============
Merlin_reloaded for his WM 6.1 Slim Build 19716
anchillus for Hypercore kitchen.
Garmin for the build 19199 Hermes files
cruzzmz for idiot proof instructions
mfrazzz for patiently answering questions
misar for g'Reloc.

Links: (The rom installer is G4 HardSPL safe)

Rom: http://ifile.it/3y26guk

Cooking Kit: http://www.2shared.com/file/2938242/908a5dbf/Slim_19199_Cooking_kit.html

I do not use file hosting services that penalize the downloader while rewarding the uploader such as rapidshare which is anything but. The oem rom version was not updated but the build # shows 19199.

Screenshots kindly provided by Mfrazzz
attachment.php

Update (03/07/08) To those interested in "Activesync over Bluetooth" I am attached a replacement SYS\Bluetooth folder you can recook into the rom which uses a dll from another rom and should enable this functionality. Let me know if it does or does not work for you since I don't use this feature.

For those who don't want to recook you can replace the "bthasplugin.dll" from this package in the \Windows dir and reboot the phone. This has been confirmed to work by user pirlone.

Donations NOT required but always appreciated.

Attachments

• Bluetooth.zip
    463.6 KB · Views: 895
Last edited:

newbie1221

Oct 15, 2007
BOSTON, MA
Yay.

Thank you for making this post, i just released my rom on the older build and i was having issues with MMS and camera. It looks like i will be porting my rom from the old to the new. Thanks.

character

Aug 22, 2006
wow...

have you tried the bluetooth? that was my problem in merlins rom... have you fixed that? or its there a fix for that? have you already applied the weak for sms? :)

Thanks for the builld

ndn715

Nov 7, 2006
Seattle
checking it out now...

fwiw, this is how releases should be... thanks for the format and "community friendly" approach. vanilla-ish, cookable, credits, good links... although from what i've seen famewolf has always been like this :) many thanks

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
Many thanks for this, I have been waiting for a 'cookable' version of this base ROM :)
I think I have hit a problem extracting the XIP with this though - it might be me, but when I attempt to extract the XIP is complains about a missing file
Code:
xip2.bin: No such file or directory
I am using the HyperCore tools which I have used before with other ROMs and I don't remember seeing this error previously :confused:

It's possible it's just me making a mistake as it is late here and I really should be in bed. I have tried it a few times now and I get the same error each time, I have even re-installed the HyperCore tools...

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Andy

Last edited:

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Many thanks for this, I have been waiting for a 'cookable' version of this base ROM :)
I think I have hit a problem extracting the XIP with this though - it might be me, but when I attempt to extract the XIP is complains about a missing file
Code:
xip2.bin: No such file or directory
I am using the HyperCore tools which I have used before with other ROMs and I don't remember seeing this error previously :confused:

It's possible it's just me making a mistake as it is late here and I really should be in bed. I have tried it a few times now and I get the same error each time, I have even re-installed the HyperCore tools...

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Andy

Hypercore does not correctly extract the XIP for wm 6.1 roms. You can either follow the instructions in the hypercore thread on how to use msflshtool to do it or download the cooking kit which includes the XIP already in the ROM folder for you.

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
Hypercore does not correctly extract the XIP for wm 6.1 roms. You can either follow the instructions in the hypercore thread on how to use msflshtool to do it or download the cooking kit which includes the XIP already in the ROM folder for you.

Thank you, I knew it was something I was doing wrong.... I must admit I haven't been following the HyperCore thread too closely so I must have missed the posts about it not being able extract the XIP correctly.
Can I still use HyperCore to re-build the ROM or do I need another kitchen?

Does anyone know if VoIP works with this ROM? This is one of the reasons I have stayed with ItsRight's TNT 1933 ROM (or at least my re-cooking of his base ROM) as I use VoIP (it isn't fantastic but it is usable). Is there a package I can add in for VoIP when I re-cook this?

Thanks

Andy

D

Deleted member 804010

Agree with Pumpiron579

Everything is working - no operating issues whatsoever.

Everything is working with this rom.

I have only one visual issue, that pops up on some roms - but not on others. There is a white triangle on the top bar beside the "E" icon that does not go away. It just sits there - does not activate anything ??

I've had similar issue with Merlin Rom - and others.

Does not effect any operational functions - just do not know what it is - or what it is supposed to do.

Very nice rom - thank you

Have a good one

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Thank you, I knew it was something I was doing wrong.... I must admit I haven't been following the HyperCore thread too closely so I must have missed the posts about it not being able extract the XIP correctly.
Can I still use HyperCore to re-build the ROM or do I need another kitchen?

Does anyone know if VoIP works with this ROM? Is there a package I can add in when I re-cook this?

Thanks

Andy

I built the rom using hypercore.... download the cooking kit....unzip the SYS, OEM and ROM folders to your BUILD directory after removing old ones........from there you should be able to do a normal hypercore build. As for voip...youll just have to find or build the oem packages and add to oem folder.

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
I built the rom using hypercore.... download the cooking kit....unzip the SYS, OEM and ROM folders to your BUILD directory after removing old ones........from there you should be able to do a normal hypercore build. As for voip...youll just have to find or build the oem packages and add to oem folder.

Thanks again. I noticed in the Hermes forums that Faria has released a ROM based on 5.2.19199 and he lists VoIP as being included. Does anyone know if the VoIP components he used are updated? Will they work on the Wizard or do I need to extract the older drivers/files that have been floating around for a while?

Sorry if this is slightly off topic...

Thanks

Andy

Last edited:

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Agree with Pumpiron579

Everything is working - no operating issues whatsoever.

I have only one visual issue, that pops up on some roms - but not on others. There is a white triangle on the top bar beside the "E" icon that does not go away. It just sits there - does not activate anything ??

I've had similar issue with Merlin Rom - and others.

Does not effect any operational functions - just do not know what it is - or what it is supposed to do.

Very nice rom - thank you

Have a good one

If the "white triangle" is sitting above the strength meter lines it's an antenna...you can disable it with a regedit I think. It may indicate roaming.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Thanks again. I noticed in the Hermes forums that Faria has released a ROM based on 5.2.19199 and he lists VoIP as being included. Does anyone know if the VoIP components he used are updated? Will they work on the Wizard or do I need to extract the older drivers/files that have been floating around for a while?

Thanks

Andy

Since I don't use VOIP all I can suggest is that you try it. OEM packages should work almost everywhere. To my knowledge VOIP is NOT part of the SYS Hermes build which means he added it.

character

Aug 22, 2006
great...for dl

two seperate files for simultaneous downloads ... man you have think of everything...:):):)

chiloco

Jan 12, 2007
Thanks famewolf.... I keep changing the rom nowadays...
Just yesterday I was flashing the old slim and today i am downloading this..
I am downloading this right now.... Hopefully everything is working right

reinking

Mar 2, 2008
Thanks famewolf.... I keep changing the rom nowadays...
Just yesterday I was flashing the old slim and today i am downloading this..
I am downloading this right now.... Hopefully everything is working right

This may be out of place to ask here but I'm going to anyway. :)

I currently using merlins rom on my wizard and I am downloading this rom to flash. Do I need to flash my rom back to an original rom before flashing to this rom? Do I directly flash to this one? Or do I go all the way back to square one including downgrading my IPL/SPL and GSM? Thanks for any help and sorry if it is out of place to ask here. :eek:

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
This may be out of place to ask here but I'm going to anyway. :)

I currently using merlins rom on my wizard and I am downloading this rom to flash. Do I need to flash my rom back to an original rom before flashing to this rom? Do I directly flash to this one? Or do I go all the way back to square one including downgrading my IPL/SPL and GSM? Thanks for any help and sorry if it is out of place to ask here. :eek:

It's always a good idea to flash a provider rom first to wipe out any "extended rom corruption" which can cause the battery to drain faster due to the phone trying to read an area over and over. When in doubt browse the "how to flash a rom" sticky at the top of the forum which has alot of good information.

D

Deleted member 804010

If the "white triangle" is sitting above the strength meter lines it's an antenna...you can disable it with a regedit I think. It may indicate roaming.

No, it's not on top of the strength meter.

If I start from the right side of the screen, there is the the time, then the volume icon, then the stength meter, the either the "E" or "G" icon depending on network, and then a white triangle..........continue over - then you have the start and windows icons on the far left side.

The triangle is the same height as the E/G square icon and sits right beside it, between it and the start menu .

No biggie, like I said - does not effect anything at all.

I do not have any screen capture software - but there is a picture in this post that shows the area I am talking about.

It shows the E icon with the arrows - well, the white triangle on my screen is just left of that.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=355591&page=15