Thanks Meter: 6,492

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd May 2019, 11:50 AM |#3701  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,638

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oidicle

I beg to differ. Go to youtube on your android, open a music video and share it to YTD and then convert to mp3 and then copy that file to a PC and open the file with WMP and tell me if you don't see an album art there stored by YTD when you converted the video.
I know how to change an album art. I think you missed my point.

I am obsessed with Album art. If you use a different media player (eg WMP), you will also get that media players album art, which may end up with the same default album art you get on your phone, if they are using the same artwork source. NB: If it says Youtube in the ID3 tags, chances are good both are looking to grab a shot from the YT video.

The album art is stored on one of your partitions as a numbered file, and the file itself is a jpg without an extension. I personally change all my album art, with a lot of music coming from YTD.

IIIIF you are rooted, you can download an app I built which shows you the actual file (separate to the MP3) used to display album art.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ation-t3806260

Then within the menu, navigate to:
Database>MediaDB SQL>Last 1000 music files added to mediaDB

That will list the last 1000 music files added to the MediaDb (ie through the standard Android Media Scanner). If you scroll to the right, you will see a full path to the JPG file (without an extension) used as the album art. You can actually open that extension-less file in most image viewers. Also, you can save a different file (same location, name & permissions) over that file, and that will change the album art.

That is the way Android media players work in displaying album art. I use Kid3 on my PC to edit the ID3 tags, and I have not seen any album artwork displayed in there; NB: there is an input to add one. Yes, it could be a bug in Kid3, but whenever I have used the MediaDb and checked the file it points to, thats the album artwork that is displayed in all my media players on Android, even when its the wrong one attached by first output from YTD.

23rd May 2019, 12:34 PM |#3702  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,492

Donate to Me
More
Hello guys,
I'll do a quick participation on this matter, leaving older comments unanswered, sorry.

Yes definitely YTD adds an album art as an id3 tag; if I remember correctly it's the fairly low res thumbnail. It comes straight from YouTube (possibly I may point to the higher res image, it's just a matter of changing a string).

You can edit this image together with the other tags, clicking on the mp3 entry in the dashboard. Only caveat: the file must reside on the internal shared memory.

In regards the the mp3's album art, there's also to consider the well known android restriction/misbehavior/bug whatever you want to call it, where mp3's sharing the same album title and same folder, are shown in the media library with the same album art (the one from the 1st you download there). Later YTD versions have a fix that adds a suffix to the generic YouTubeDownloader album tag, in order to circumvent this.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 10:45 AM |#3703  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

Hello guys,
I'll do a quick participation on this matter, leaving older comments unanswered, sorry.

Yes definitely YTD adds an album art as an id3 tag; if I remember correctly it's the fairly low res thumbnail. It comes straight from YouTube (possibly I may point to the higher res image, it's just a matter of changing a string).

You can edit this image together with the other tags, clicking on the mp3 entry in the dashboard. Only caveat: the file must reside on the internal shared memory.

In regards the the mp3's album art, there's also to consider the well known android restriction/misbehavior/bug whatever you want to call it, where mp3's sharing the same album title and same folder, are shown in the media library with the same album art (the one from the 1st you download there). Later YTD versions have a fix that adds a suffix to the generic YouTubeDownloader album tag, in order to circumvent this.

Thanks for your attention.
24th May 2019, 07:26 PM |#3704  
Thanks Meter: 947

More
Quote:

I beg to differ. Go to youtube on your android, open a music video and share it to YTD and then convert to mp3 and then copy that file to a PC and open the file with WMP and tell me if you don't see an album art there stored by YTD when you converted the video.

If you open the mp3 file with SMPlayer you can see the picture information:

Initial Video Stream
  • Resolution: 340 x 360
  • Aspect ratio: 0.944444
  • Format: png
  • Bitrate: 0 kbps
  • Frames per second: 0.000000
  • Selected codec: png

With Mp3tag you can also extract the cover.
28th May 2019, 03:46 AM |#3705  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,638

More
Battery Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Generally speaking, the Album art is maintained by the Android OS. The actual art is not stored in an MP3 downloaded by YTD. There are a number of ways to change the album art, the easiest being one of the many album art apps in the playstore. But make sure you have corrected the TAGs of the file, and also trigger a media scan to update the MediaDb

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I am obsessed with Album art. If you use a different media player (eg WMP), you will also get that media players album art, which may end up with the same default album art you get on your phone, if they are using the same artwork source. NB: If it says Youtube in the ID3 tags, chances are good both are looking to grab a shot from the YT video.

The album art is stored on one of your partitions as a numbered file, and the file itself is a jpg without an extension. I personally change all my album art, with a lot of music coming from YTD.

Ooops... My bad, I was wrong. YTD does store an album art in the MP3 on download. Sorry.

For me, it means when editing the Tags on my pc (using Kid3) I now know of the extra step to delete this image. NB: no issue as I already edit the tags on my PC anyway

However, when I did check what is happening on the device, Android is actually extracting this image out of the MP3 and placing it as a file using the standard android album art location and MediaDB linking (/data/data/com.android.providers.media/databases/external.db in the table album_art) and using the extracted image ie not directly from the MP3 when running. If you change the album art file as referenced in this dB table, your on device players will display that image. Hence why I was mistaken in believing there was no image in he MP3, as it wasn't being used, and Kid3 didn't display the image, and it was always the image file referenced in the MediaDB that I would change to control what is shown in my media player(s), or more prominently on my lock-screen.

But again, my bad
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
28th May 2019, 08:00 AM |#3706  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
That is awesome. Thank you so much!!!
4th June 2019, 06:49 PM |#3707  
Thanks Meter: 140

Donate to Me
More
Sorry if this has been asked before, but it's difficult to find it using the search function here.

Is it possible to download a youtube list using this app? I have a list with about 50 videos and the only way to do that I know it is by going one by one.
Thanks.
4th June 2019, 09:28 PM |#3708  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _LEM_

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it's difficult to find it using the search function here.

Is it possible to download a youtube list using this app? I have a list with about 50 videos and the only way to do that I know it is by going one by one.
Thanks.

I don't think that's possible on any android app, on desktop you can use jDownloader 2.
4th June 2019, 09:59 PM |#3709  
Thanks Meter: 140

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandiun

I don't think that's possible on any android app, on desktop you can use jDownloader 2.

Thanks, I didn't know that! I'll use that.
5th June 2019, 09:26 PM |#3710  
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hey, I've been using this app quite long and very useful nor handy app. But I've encounter this problem when I download an audio file (I assume) for a video above 700 MiB the speed stuck at 200 kbps otherwise the video got around 1800 Kbps. Looking for help. Thanks in advance
5th June 2019, 09:54 PM |#3711  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedGuy

Hey, I've been using this app quite long and very useful nor handy app. But I've encounter this problem when I download an audio file (I assume) for a video above 700 MiB the speed stuck at 200 kbps otherwise the video got around 1800 Kbps. Looking for help. Thanks in advance

I think it's YouTube who limits the speed, if the duration is high it will take more time to download. Of course it's low kpbs because the audio usually has much lower bitrate than the video.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)