Kick in a few $$ to kickstart more dev?

Search This thread

rwb2073

Sep 16, 2009
It looks like we could loose a good developer to a Samsung phone (plasticly! ick!) in the near future, so I suggest anyone with a real desire to see a clean senseless version of ICS on this beast of a phone consider getting on board with this effort.
http://amaze.sandvold.as/

I'm not associated with this in any way other than being a user of the Amaze. I also know Sandvold's work from the HTC Desire, and they have some pretty good stuff running on some pretty limited hardware.

(For those unfamiliar, this started playing out on page 56 of the CM9 thread)

Edit: Said defecting-to-Samsung developer that I mentioned in the first sentence has since stated that he's sticking around for awhile.

Last edited:

rbaruch

Dec 17, 2011
It looks like we could loose a good developer to a Samsung phone (plasticly! ick!) in the near future, so I suggest anyone with a real desire to see a clean senseless version of ICS on this beast of a phone consider getting on board with this effort.
http://amaze.sandvold.as/

I'm not associated with this in any way other than being a user of the Amaze. I also know Sandvold's work from the HTC Desire, and they have some pretty good stuff running on some pretty limited hardware.

(For those unfamiliar, this started playing out on page 56 of the CM9 thread)

Will hopefully finish paying CC and will chip in :D LETS KEEP THIS THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE FORUMS!

S

sportsstar89

Will hopefully finish paying CC and will chip in :D LETS KEEP THIS THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE FORUMS!

I know sandvold he's a good dev, helped me get my start in deving. Working with the one series he might have some knowledge about are ril problems. I've been meaning to talk to him.

Last edited:

rbaruch

Dec 17, 2011
Literally took me 4 tries to understand that sentence!

I am going to bump this thread every time it falls off the top spot on this page!

rwb2073

Sep 16, 2009
Wouldn't it be nice if each time someone posted it corresponded with a new donation?

(bump) :)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

rbaruch

Dec 17, 2011
My donations will come at the end when I know my CC is paid off. Hopefully next week wednesday

Reactions: rwb2073

rwb2073

Sep 16, 2009
Bump.

So there's no one else?

I remember earlier this year during a time of rapid development when the internal memory quit on his Desire. After letting everyone know that he tried and failed to revive the device, he checked in once more before going to bed to say he'd figure out what next to do tomorrow. We rallied and in the morning he had more than enough money for a replacement.

It was nice to see everyone come thru with a few bucks each and post in the thread all-of-a-sudden with a rapid succession of donations, willing that development not stop.

But that was the Desire. I'm guessing the user base was larger... but more active? It seems like there's only 3 of us here - passing the ball back and fourth. <shrug>

Anyone else wanna jump in here and prove me wrong with a donation? $10? $5? 2?!! :angel:

shekki

Apr 24, 2010
Tacoma
I'm hoping that more people will to Sandvold! I want to see development kick off on this device! :D

Kaiouss

Mar 12, 2011
It says ending July 15th, but imho, should leave it up longer. Maybe even through the end of the year; hopefully people will get it for Christmas especially since the contract price will have dropped by then.

rwb2073

Sep 16, 2009
I understand what you mean, but I'd think he'd be moved on to another device before then.

I'm not aware of who made the two other donations, but I'll get it rolling ala Feb...

- Transaction ID: 3e40f4f4c87df913
- Contribution Amount: $20.00

I challenge someone else to kick in any amount to keep this going. :)

spiz516

Mar 25, 2010
I'll probably put my money towards my next Samsung. He's a smart dev for ditching HTC.

rwb2073

Sep 16, 2009
So we're about 1/3 of the way to getting Sandvold over here to help out with some CM9 goodness. Let's get this done people....

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
I just put my amaze for sale maybe I should keep it around a little bit longer.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Reactions: rbaruch and rwb2073

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
Well then looks like I will keep it while I can then.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Edit: I guess the easiest way to say it, if there are gonna be bounty or donate threads, I'd want to see the potential developer themselves say things to convince me of their awesomeness and desire to contribute.

Development does not make the device, I hope you guys know that.. outside of efforts to get things like CM9 and other true custom firmware, I'm not sure what people want. I don't think we need more developers unless they can contribute to those efforts.. or is that what this dev you want would bring to the table, and somehow I missed it?

I for one know that a GOOD developer can make plenty of contributions as long as they have a supply of willing testers, and if they could help make headway on any of the projects already going on - THEN I might be willing to throw a few dollars their way.. but I(and I think others) think that funds are too tight to share without more certain contributions..

We can't bribe a developer to come made solid contributions if they have no excitement for the device itself - unless they really WANT to contribute, if they have other projects going on, ours is always going to be a lower priority.

Last edited:

rwb2073

Sep 16, 2009
I hear what you're saying, and I agree. Personally I saw what was done with the Desire, and I think that my few dollars are well spent here. I'm hoping for more than Sense to pick from, and I think others feel that way too. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okey seems I got a pretty good asop running now. So now all focus is going toward fixing gsm:)
    Confirmation No.: 3949-8982-3274-4974
    First time I have donated to anyone, I really hope this works out.

Thx for the confidence. Ill try my best to get a full cm rom. If i dont get enough to buy the phone ill ofc refund ppl. As well as sell the phone and donate back if i cant help

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
    Just bought randomnoobs phone, so will update with shipping details and when I expect it later:)
    Still working and not much new to report. Sorry for lack of progress, but been a lot to do at work. Took over a new class and stuff so had a lot of stuff to catch up to. However next week (from the 5th) I have one week off. So I should finally have some time then
    Transaction ID: b235e45ad8a81d68
    Contribution Amount: $9.00

Chipped in the last $9.00 to goal of $200. :D