[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Wildfire :: V7.2.0 (16 Jun 2012)

Search This thread

houdini1er

May 25, 2007
I can confirm that :) you can always go back to the state it was when you took the backup, even if it is a totaly different ROM. But you should wipe everything then before restoring the update: boot, system, cache, delviks cache,.. except for the radio and recovery of course.

@houdini1er: boot into the bootloader, go into recovery, whipe everything that is suggested in the fist post an try to apply the "update zip from sdcard".

I have reboot et launch the update via recovery, it work perfect now.

qtotter

Mar 13, 2006
Tokyo
That one is a nightly build.
Sorta like a beta.
Has more features, but might be more unstable.
They also get updated almost every "night".

i know that because i have been using the nightly builds. my question is whether this cm7.1 is the latest nightly or a totally different branch of build? thx.

nobloat

Oct 14, 2010
This build is just a nightly that has been promoted as a release candidate, as it is accepted the nightlies are now stable enough for every day use, however bugs may still remain, just there shouldn't be any crazy bootloops etc. Then again I can't remember when that last happened! If you go here http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=buzz you'll realise how the builds are produced, night after night and the release candidate is not a seperate branch.

qtotter

Mar 13, 2006
Tokyo
This build is just a nightly that has been promoted as a release candidate, as it is accepted the nightlies are now stable enough for every day use, however bugs may still remain, just there shouldn't be any crazy bootloops etc. Then again I can't remember when that last happened! If you go here http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=buzz you'll realise how the builds are produced, night after night and the release candidate is not a seperate branch.

thanks for your clarification. i take a look at the log often so that i can burn a nightly when there are many updates. i simply wonder which is newer, v7.1-rc1 or #112... i guess v7.1-rc1?

niksakl

May 25, 2006
I m having this problem:
When receiving a call with the hands-free attached, the ringing comes only through the earplugs and not the speaker. I tried switching it through the cyanogen settings menu, with no success. I need the phone to ring both in the earphones and the speakerphones (very usefull when you are on the motorbike ;) )

Any clues?

jim-bo

Jan 5, 2011
thanks for your clarification. i take a look at the log often so that i can burn a nightly when there are many updates. i simply wonder which is newer, v7.1-rc1 or #112... i guess v7.1-rc1?

If you've looked in the last couple of days, you'll see that RC1 came out after nightly 110, but before nightly 111, so no, #112 is currently the newest version, but the changes from RC1 to current are miniscule

M

mariosanoguera

reflashed the latest radio again and gps worked for me, its very fast although the first time it maybe takes 30 sec to get gps fix! There is only one rom which can compare to this one in the matters of battery and flow and it is the wildpuzzle v1.0.1 (2.1 eclair one) which is very very smooth but lacks customization (htc sense)

I would rather choose the wildpuzlle if it had % battery on notification bar and the shortcuts in the notification bar as the c7 has!

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
reflashed the latest radio again and gps worked for me, its very fast although the first time it maybe takes 30 sec to get gps fix! There is only one rom which can compare to this one in the matters of battery and flow and it is the wildpuzzle v1.0.1 (2.1 eclair one) which is very very smooth but lacks customization (htc sense)

I would rather choose the wildpuzlle if it had % battery on notification bar and the shortcuts in the notification bar as the c7 has!

2.1 over 2.3? Anyway, it's your choice. :)

BTW:
- Circle % battery notification bar can be made by yourself for your desired ROM, using the UOT Kitchen. Site here: http://uot.dakra.lt/
- There are a lot of Market apps which put the power widget shortcuts on the notification bar. Obviously, they wont be as coherent as the integrated one in CM, but, you can try them out. Cannot recommend a particular one since haven't used any, but a quick search should give you the list.

vijaykirann

For the notification bar shortcuts you could try widgetsoid which is available as freeware in the market...and can create the own widget in the notification bar..lol..
hope that helps..:)

ephargha

Aug 5, 2009
finally my gps works again after reflashing Radio_13.53.55.24H_3.35.19.25.zip
why the latest radio (Radio_13.53.55.24H_3.35.20.25.zip) not works for me on this rom...

btw this rom is great...
thx

CroWarrior

Jan 9, 2011
Zagreb
I have a little bit weird experience :D
Well, the ROM is great really, really stable for an RC1 and really fast, but the GPS did not work. I tried flashing 2 radios, and it seemed like it does not work. But than I installed Copilot Live navigation program and it actually worked, and found my location INSIDE my house, which is really rare :) I was stunned because it did not even show icon of GPS in the notification bar :D

Skye Menjou

Jul 16, 2009
I have a little bit weird experience :D
Well, the ROM is great really, really stable for an RC1 and really fast, but the GPS did not work. I tried flashing 2 radios, and it seemed like it does not work. But than I installed Copilot Live navigation program and it actually worked, and found my location INSIDE my house, which is really rare :) I was stunned because it did not even show icon of GPS in the notification bar :D

It took a long time to get a GPS fix, I fired up GPS Status(From the market) and It had a fix in 6 seconds due aGPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in7kew.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Wildfire, or coming from another ROM?

1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: cm-7.2.0-buzz
    Download: link
    Mirror: link
    MD5sum: ac47d97d55133dfa7561b5b7fe37bc64​
    Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Just a quick reminder that 7.2 has been released. Check first post for download.
    on cm7.2

kernel - Sympfinity v4.1
    governor-smartassv2
    i/o scheduler-SIO
    min-200+MHz
    max-710MHz(more than this is really not required)
    LINK-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1588480

RADIO IMAGE- Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10 (LATEST)
    LINK-http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=974647&d=1333181742

--------
    DJ-PRY

press thanks if you found this post helpful
    Old?? M8, u can customize it by yourself in many ways. Just spend some time with it and it will look like newer smartphones (;

Wysyłane z mojego HTC Wildfire za pomocą Tapatalk 2
    There will be a new release build, 7.1.0.1, soon.