[QUICK REVIEW]The Gameklip!!! Greatest accessory EVER!!!

Search This thread

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Green.jpg

So I just got this thing for my One X called the Gameklip. What it is is a bracket that mounts your phone to a PS3 controller effectively turning it into an awesome portable game system. It is made by a fellow XDA'er, he charges $15, makes them to order specifically for whatever phone you order it for. Believe me when I tell you, this thing is worth EVERY damn penny. It's just a piece of plastic, but it is damn sturdy and the One X fits in it perfectly. Check out his thread to see what it's about and expect a video review from me tomorrow evening. To summarize what I will be saying in the video, if you game on your One X and use the PS3 controller, you MUST buy this thing. It's not an option. Buy it. This is EASILY the coolest thing ever made for Android phones. You buy now!

Original thread- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1760595

Side.jpg

MultiView.jpg

Last edited:

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Does it hook/unhook nicely? Or does it sound like its gonna crack every time?

Sent from my sexy white HTC One X on T-Mobile ;)

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Does the wired version work with an unrooted One X?

It is my understanding that ICS does have native USB game controller support but don't quote me on that. This is just a plastic bracket, there are no electronics in it. The "wired version" just comes with a USB OTG cable. If you have an OTG cable already, you can try it out and see if it works for you. You also won't need to buy the wired one then. But considering where you're posting, I must recommend that you do root. It opens up a world of possibilities, including bluetooth PS3 controller support.

Reactions: stoopid2001

stoopid2001

May 12, 2012
What emulators are you guys using? I grabbed "john nes" from the Play store and I'm having trouble getting the PS3 controller to work with it.

stoopid2001

May 12, 2012
does the JoyCenter app show buttons being pressed?

I can't find a joycenter app on the play store. I'm using DroidEmu and the Sixaxis app. The Sixaxis app starts up and tells me "Client connected" then the 1 light stays lit on the controller, then I switch the IME to Sixaxis controller. When I fire up DroidEmu with a rom running I get nothing. I tried playing with some settings in DroidEmu but no luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Green.jpg

So I just got this thing for my One X called the Gameklip. What it is is a bracket that mounts your phone to a PS3 controller effectively turning it into an awesome portable game system. It is made by a fellow XDA'er, he charges $15, makes them to order specifically for whatever phone you order it for. Believe me when I tell you, this thing is worth EVERY damn penny. It's just a piece of plastic, but it is damn sturdy and the One X fits in it perfectly. Check out his thread to see what it's about and expect a video review from me tomorrow evening. To summarize what I will be saying in the video, if you game on your One X and use the PS3 controller, you MUST buy this thing. It's not an option. Buy it. This is EASILY the coolest thing ever made for Android phones. You buy now!

Original thread- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1760595

Side.jpg

MultiView.jpg
    Does the wired version work with an unrooted One X?

It is my understanding that ICS does have native USB game controller support but don't quote me on that. This is just a plastic bracket, there are no electronics in it. The "wired version" just comes with a USB OTG cable. If you have an OTG cable already, you can try it out and see if it works for you. You also won't need to buy the wired one then. But considering where you're posting, I must recommend that you do root. It opens up a world of possibilities, including bluetooth PS3 controller support.
    I have used DroidEmu and N64oid so far. Yet to try Gensoid and GENPLUSDroid I have installed.

Finally tried XBox controller and was PnP! :D
    does the JoyCenter app show buttons being pressed?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5wb2tlNjQ3MzgudXNiam95Il0.

I know he has a Test App too, but I have to use this as well as the PS3 pairing to get mine to work. I have a thread on it.