Never mind.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363483804423.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363483804423.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 823
Last edited:
Reactions: GeekOrNoob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HoloBanner.png

Project Butter Enhancer

FeaturesBanner.png

Using this MOD you can set different priority for different processes which can make a phone a lot faster and smoother when opening and applications, multitasking. It uses Renice commands for changing priority of processes. This does not mean that your applications will be super responsive right after your phone boots. You still have to wait for the application for redrawing the first time. After that, the application will be cached so that you wont need to wait for redrawing again.

In short:
    - Makes Your Phone 5x Smoother & Faster
    - Totally Customizable For Setting Priority
    - Doesn't Affect Your Battery Life Much

Remember: For This Script To Work, You Need A Kernel That Supports "init.d"

How To Customize The Script?

In order to make the most of this script, you will have to customize it in order to set desired priority to different processes. For this you will have to edit certain parts of the script.

Part A: Locking The Launcher

Let's start by finding "USER_LAUNCHER=". Should be in starting only. By default, the launcher is set to CyanogenMod Trebuchet Launcher. If you use a different launcher, you will have to edit the part "com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet" and put the name of the data folder of your launcher.
    To find the data folder, navigate to data/data. Scroll through the folders and find the one for your launcher.

Part B: Changing Priority Of Different Processes

For better understanding,
    Higher Priority = More Smoother The Process

The highest priority you can set is "20". For editing them as per your requirement, find "Resident System Apps". Under this their will be many processes. To change priority, you will need to edit "NICELEVEL=-20" for the desired process.

Part C: Adding More Applications

To add more application, find "Other Apps". Under this find "PNAME=""". It will be in every line. Put the data folder name of the app you want to lock.

InstallationBanner.png

1. Download The Latest Script
    2. Navigate To system/etc/init.d/
    3. Paste The Script Here
    4. Set Permissions To -rwxr-xr-x
    5. Reboot

DownloadsBanner.png

Yes but I recommend you to edit it to match your needs. For details, see the First Post.
    @Top Droid..
    Awesome work buddy....
    i had decided to do this project butter thing..but was not able due to my exams..
    nayways..awesome work !!! :) (y)
    Based on my understanding on the script, the "Resident system apps" part, "Other system apps" part and "Other apps" part is just the same.
    There is no different whether you put the apps in which part, just used to categorize it so that it looks nice and neat.

If you only put in 10 process to check, then at PROCESSES_TOTAL just put 10.
    Code:
    PROCESSES_TOTAL=10

If you have more process to check, simply edit the value to meet your case.
    P.S. the script seems to have support number of processes up to 24.

And, in my case, I only check 10 process, if you put the process in different "part" or category, please do edit the $PROCESS_XX in front of each line so that it is in sequence and will be check.
    XX is the number of process. If you check 13 processes, then use $PROCESS_1 until $PROCESS_13.
    Eg:

Code:
    if [ [B][COLOR="Red"]$PROCESS_10[/COLOR][/B] -eq "0" ]; then PNAME="com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer"; NICELEVEL=-15; if [ `pidof $PNAME` ]; then renice $NICELEVEL `pidof $PNAME`; PROCESS_14=1; P_CHECK=`expr $P_CHECK + 1`; fi; fi;

PS. note the text in BOLD RED and please edit the NICELEVEL= to suit ur requirement.

And for unused line, just put a "#" in front of the line so that it won't run that line.
    And it is the same for LST Debug part, put a "#" in front of the line if you didn't use it.
    By default, line for $PROCESS_15 until $PROCESS_18 has a "#" in front of it, means it is not in use and told the system to ignore this line.

I'm not sure but this may speed up the execution of the script.