[ROM][12/12] CyanogenMod 6.1.0 (Stable) for HTC Buzz (Wildfire) || Nightlies now up

Search This thread

HCDR.Jacob

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS

When coming from a different ROM:
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE/Factory Reset
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

When coming from another CM6 ROM:
1. Do a Nandroid backup (just in case)
2. Install the ROM
3. Optionally install the Google Addon

GApps:
http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip

Latest version: 6.1.0-Wildfire (12/12/2010)
Download: update-cm-6.1.0-Buzz-signed.zip (Mirror)
MD5Sum: 690c8e167a98f2c4bd028aa0b962e80f

Report issues here.

You can get the latest nightlies here, don't report about bugs on them though please :) (Mirror)

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone in Team Douche and anybody else who was involved in this, particularly cyanogen who made CyanogenMod what it is, and those who helped me get it going. I also want to thank my testers for helping me debug everything in the early stages. Enjoy!

Last edited:

71baker

Apr 16, 2010
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 */

This made my day! Thank you Jacob !!! :D

Also , let me be one of the first to congratulate you on a kickass job. I haven't even patched it yet , but i am looking forward to it already!

Last edited:

Sikansen

Sep 2, 2010
Well, thank you, but there is one really big issue which i have with any ROM ... Your OC kernel makes my phone freezed .. Is there a chance that you can release non-OC kernel? :(

manups4e

Aug 15, 2010
Torino
Jacob..1) you're GREAT!! and thanks a lot for your work =D..2) what do I need to do for use contacts in the sim card?

adeadrat

Jul 31, 2010
Tibro
great work jacob gratz to finnaly be able to release this :D
Will try it out a second time at a later point for now im back to mine own work ;)

windywoo

Aug 14, 2010
Belfast
47 minutes to download? Anyone got a mirror? How much does bandwidth cost these days? Maybe I should get some hosting of my own for things like this.

*I remembered that I had tweaked my MTU to get World of Warcraft to stop lagging. Setting it back to what it was has reduced download time to about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

mpattonm

Jan 24, 2008
Pardubice
Good job! I am just wondering - is this ROM file identical to the one leaked earlier today on your original thread? Its got the same name but It seemed broken bad.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS

When coming from a different ROM:
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery.
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE/Factory Reset
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

When coming from another CM6 ROM:
    1. Do a Nandroid backup (just in case)
    2. Install the ROM
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon

GApps:
    http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip

Latest version: 6.1.0-Wildfire (12/12/2010)
    Download: update-cm-6.1.0-Buzz-signed.zip (Mirror)
    MD5Sum: 690c8e167a98f2c4bd028aa0b962e80f

Report issues here.

You can get the latest nightlies here, don't report about bugs on them though please :) (Mirror)

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone in Team Douche and anybody else who was involved in this, particularly cyanogen who made CyanogenMod what it is, and those who helped me get it going. I also want to thank my testers for helping me debug everything in the early stages. Enjoy!
    Known bugs:
    *Video camera records corrupted video

New in 6.1.0:
    * GPS fixed
    * SIM Pin works now
    * 3D Gallery (Unintentional)

Special thanks to DanneJo for hosting RC2 :)
    I just tried ADW Launcher EX and fell in love with it (it has many more features then ADW Launcher). Now my request:

+100 internets to the person who tells me how to remove Cyanogenmod embedded ADW Launcher (i don't need it anymore).

Here you go mate, providing that you already have ADW EX installed, just flash this zip file attached and it will remove the ADW launcher that comes with CM.

If you are wondering how to do this:

Look inside this Zip you will see META-INF > com > google > android > update-script

in this file,

Code:
    show_progress 0.1 0

delete SYSTEM:app/ADWLauncher.apk

show_progress 0.1 10

You can add any more lines to remove other apps if you want. lookup update-script commands on google for more commands. you can then zip the package, disable signature check in recovery and flash it. If you want to sign then lookup apktool / apk manager.

the one attached is signed.
    Hey, just a simple question, the nightlies are coming back up next week, well should be and they would be cm7 based right?

Yeah :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App