By pdinphx, Senior Member on 10th July 2012, 11:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2012, 05:57 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 209

Donate to Me
More
If you're typing su in caps, try lowercase. All commands need to be in lowercase ...

Pj
Phoenix, AZ
11th July 2012, 06:05 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Ty for this thread. Worked great.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
11th July 2012, 06:18 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Yea i tried that but no go .
11th July 2012, 07:28 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwood1

Yea i tried that but no go .

Geez, you're not making this easy. Especially for an amateur, like me ...

Which rooted file did you flash to achieve root? I think the terminal emulator is looking for su in /system/xbin, though some ROM's will put it in system/bin ... check your system files with a file manager and report back.

Pj
Phoenix, AZ
11th July 2012, 02:05 PM |#15  
Flag Radford, VA
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for this.

It's funny you say that you couldn't be bothered with learning ADB, but that's what this is. Terminal pretty much emulates ADB.

Using ADB is as simple as putting the ADB program folder on the root of your hard drive. Open a CMD window, commands would look like this for me:

c:
cd adb (which changes to the ADB folder which looks like C:\ADB\)
C:\ADB\ (now you are where you can type your ADB codes)
The Following User Says Thank You to jdubau55 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdubau55 Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 05:09 PM |#16  
Flag Merritt Island
Thanks Meter: 17

More
First, thanks for this. I've been studying how to use ADB for the past couple of days and it's confusing as hell. This was way easier and worked like a charm. Only issue I have, and it isn't related to your install procedure, but why can't it recognize my SD card? It won't mount it or backup to it.

My SD card is a SanDisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 and I'm not sure how it's formatted as I formatted it first in my brothers Razr Maxx before I had my S3 and then again in the S3 when I received it just to play it safe. I also can't use this SD card on any of my computers to format it because the built in SD card readers don't support SDHC let alone SDXC. For a little clarification, the phone recognizes it, recovery doesn't.

Thanks for any help.
11th July 2012, 05:20 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubau55

Thanks for this.

It's funny you say that you couldn't be bothered with learning ADB, but that's what this is. Terminal pretty much emulates ADB.

Using ADB is as simple as putting the ADB program folder on the root of your hard drive. Open a CMD window, commands would look like this for me:

c:
cd adb (which changes to the ADB folder which looks like C:\ADB\)
C:\ADB\ (now you are where you can type your ADB codes)

A little tongue in cheek, on my part. I'm actually pretty familiar with ADB, though I work 60+ hours/week at a government-secured computer through which I am unable to run ADB. So if I want to do anything with my phone, I have only the phone, itself ...

Pj
Phoenix, AZ
11th July 2012, 07:53 PM |#18  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Thanks used the touch recovery. Love it. Worked great. I used the method from the other post that uses terminal emulator to push it to the device
12th July 2012, 03:37 PM |#19  
Flag Radford, VA
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdinphx

A little tongue in cheek, on my part. I'm actually pretty familiar with ADB, though I work 60+ hours/week at a government-secured computer through which I am unable to run ADB. So if I want to do anything with my phone, I have only the phone, itself ...

Pj
Phoenix, AZ

I'm with you. It's easier to do it on your phone. Sometimes ADB can see my phone sometimes not. I blame my computer.
17th July 2012, 08:42 AM |#20  
Flag Laguna Beach
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoat

First, thanks for this. I've been studying how to use ADB for the past couple of days and it's confusing as hell. This was way easier and worked like a charm. Only issue I have, and it isn't related to your install procedure, but why can't it recognize my SD card? It won't mount it or backup to it.

My SD card is a SanDisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 and I'm not sure how it's formatted as I formatted it first in my brothers Razr Maxx before I had my S3 and then again in the S3 when I received it just to play it safe. I also can't use this SD card on any of my computers to format it because the built in SD card readers don't support SDHC let alone SDXC. For a little clarification, the phone recognizes it, recovery doesn't.

Thanks for any help.

You need to make sure your card is formatted to FAT32 NOT exFat.

http://www.epiccm.org/2012/06/why-not-exfat.html
18th July 2012, 06:23 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoat

Thanks for any help.

I started another discussion on how to properly format your 64gb SD card, if you want maximum functionality in the SIII ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1773735

Pj
Phoenix, AZ
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)