Dlna/UnPn Media Players

Search This thread
Dec 4, 2011
Is there a dlna/upnp media player that can stream 1080p mkv/720p mkv files without installing a server on the laptop/pc?

jtbnet

Oct 28, 2009
Cochituate
Just tested Skifta in the NT and works great for video and photos... I don't stream any music so can't say there...

dragon_76

Apr 21, 2007
Chicago, IL
Is there a dlna/upnp media player that can stream 1080p mkv/720p mkv files without installing a server on the laptop/pc?

That's how dlna works...there has to be a server and a client.

The only application I have found that works correctly is BubbleUPNP but you also have to install MX video player and the matroska codec because android does not natively support mkv

Sent from my BNTV250 using xda premium

brianf21

Oct 27, 2010
Davie, FL
bubbleupnp and mobo player; I configured mobo player to soft decode. You can get the codex from here.

http://www.moboplayer.com/plugin/page/product_en

I installed all of the arm v7 codex's. With this setup, I can stream most of my mkv files from my xbmc and windows media server. Keep in mind that the mkv file format is really just a container and can contain different types of media formats.

Montisaquadeis

Nov 16, 2011
I am only able to play 2 mins or so of my files with Skifta before it loses video and audio and I have to back out of the video its so annoying as I only have a 2gig Mirco SDcard that I share with my wii so I dont have that full space for videos. I use Moboplayer on the NT and I try using Skifta but as I said it only plays 2 mins before it stops playing.

Edit: Ok after swtiching to mx player it seems to be running much better now I have been watching one of my movies for over an hour now and there havent been any issues.

Last edited:

drake495

Dec 6, 2011
I am able to view my upnp media server with skifta and browse my videos but I can't get any video to play. avi or mpg files.

Any ideas?

I can play avi files locally on the tablet with mx video player.

kulpik

May 27, 2016
ArkMC streaming media

I use ArkMC too. Moreover, I am not sure how it was in 2013 but now the app has integration with Youtube and it works perfectly. Try the Lite version but be sure the app is worth its price.

Top Liked Posts