Question Mark On Battery Icon on nokia lumia 800... Need Help

Search This thread

Fahad Omer

May 1, 2012
Hi, I bought my new nokia lumia 800 on 4th of April. The battery time was excellent. But few days back I saw Question Mark on battery icon. I tried to update my Lumia 800 (and already updated to latest firmware) but still question mark on Battery Icon. Can anyone please help me I am really upset.
When you go to setting>>> Battery saver (it keeps on changing like when I charged my Lumia 800 full 100% and after disconnecting from Charging it showed 88%) the percentage keeps on changing in battery saver option.
also when you go to diagnostic Tool, it dont show anything.. Anyone please help me. I also reset my nokia lumia 800 few times but same result.

goldfinch711

Feb 25, 2011
Try switching off your phone and afterwards keep holding your power button for at least 20 seconds.

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
Try a hard reset. If this doesn't work, it may be a hardware fault. Then you should take it back to the store and switch for warranty.

Fahad Omer

May 1, 2012
Try switching off your phone and afterwards keep holding your power button for at least 20 seconds.

OK i will do that then let you know... Is there something wrong with the battery? or its a software bug... Coz I am getting a good battery time, but still I dont trust my battery percentage in battery saver mode.. it keeps on changing everytime i check my battery

Fahad Omer

May 1, 2012
Its very strange my post has been viewed by many people but on one here is giving me solution how to solve this problem except the one guy who posted on my thread. I Need help plz guys I need some suggestions. I dont have to change my nokia Lumia 800

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
Its very strange my post has been viewed by many people but on one here is giving me solution how to solve this problem except the one guy who posted on my thread. I Need help plz guys I need some suggestions. I dont have to change my nokia Lumia 800

Try those things:

1. Charge for a full night
2. Hard reset the phone
3. Switch your phone in a Nokia Care Point

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
Nothing of what you are being told will work.
Nokia is aware of this and will fix it soon.
To resolve the matter until the full fix you can connect and disconnect a few times the data cable/charger. The fix is coming.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Fahad Omer

May 1, 2012
Nothing of what you are being told will work.
Nokia is aware of this and will fix it soon.
To resolve the matter until the full fix you can connect and disconnect a few times the data cable/charger. The fix is coming.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

I hope the fix will come soon.My Mobile Info:
Carrier: telekom Deutchland SW variant ID201v.06
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware version: 1600.2487.8107.12070
Hardware version: 112.1402.2.4
Chip version: 0.74.2.1

I have tired all the option but nothing worked. Are you sure nokia is aware of this problem, and hopefully they will release this fix...
Waiting for reply.

mariosraptor

Nov 21, 2006
Corfu
I hope the fix will come soon.My Mobile Info:
Carrier: telekom Deutchland SW variant ID201v.06
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware version: 1600.2487.8107.12070
Hardware version: 112.1402.2.4
Chip version: 0.74.2.1

I have tired all the option but nothing worked. Are you sure nokia is aware of this problem, and hopefully they will release this fix...
Waiting for reply.

yes nokia is aware. according to nokia online/ KICS the fix is coming. and try what i said, once or twice connect/disconnect. it should not appear

hhda2004

Jan 20, 2008
Manama
Nokia Knows About It?

ok then. just sit and wait for the permanent fix from Nokia. cheers.

Why does Nokia update phones and forces us to wait again for another update? Is this a new policy they are using?

Instead of adding a battery percentage option, they added a question mark?

How clever. This means even with Nokia development of a compatible hardware, they are still not suiting WP7 purpose.

It was a bad decision when I took Nokia Lumia 800. Will stay on my charming One X

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Hi Its still not working for me I have tried many times but same result.

Try doing the following:

1. Factory reset your device
2. Connect to Zune and restore from your last backup when battery icon was not showing the question mark (?).

Should fix it. Why? because I have tested it my self and worked for me.

hhda2004

Jan 20, 2008
Manama
seems that problem is much complicated.

Please do not update! Those who are having battery question mark, will still have it if they update again through Zune.

Better find yourself Qualcumm device with hw version 2.3 if you love Lumia 800

udulik

Jun 8, 2017
Lumia 625

Hello! I have a Nokia Lumia 625 phone with the same issue. The problem is that the resistor on the back of the powerflex is in short-circuit! It is a hardware problem! You need to remove the adhesive around the resistor! Good luck! On other models, look for connectivity issues, short-circuit in other parts! Another temporary solution for recovery is to power up the phone and then disconnecting the powerflex from the motherboard!