Flashable TWRP / CWM recoveries

Search This thread

mmcneil

Mar 8, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi. I want to create a flashable zip file from the latest TWRP .img file and the latest CWM .img file. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I've searched all over google and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Mike

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Thanks for the reply, but I still can't find what I'm looking for. I want to take the twrp.img or cwm.img file and create a flashable zip from it. I see that you've done it for twrp, do you mind sharing how you did it ?

Thanks again,

Mike

Download the zip and extract it. All you need to do is drag and drop the recovery image you want in it, cwm or twrp and delete the one that's currently in there. Then navigate to the updater-script (it's deep inside the meta-inf folder) and edit it with notepad++ It'll become self explanatory once you look through the zip file. When you'll all done just zip it back up. You'll have a flashable recovery zip.

Ps, I use 7-zip to extract and zip

Last edited:

mmcneil

Mar 8, 2009
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 4 XL
Download the zip and extract it. All you need to do is drag and drop the recovery image you want in it, cwm or twrp and delete the one that's currently in there. Then navigate to the updater-script (it's deep inside the meta-inf folder) and edit it with notepad++ It'll become self explanatory once you look through the zip file. When you'll all done just zip it back up. You'll have a flashable recovery zip.

Thanks jd.

Mike

Top Liked Posts