By dabigcheezze, Member on 16th June 2011, 07:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2011, 08:11 PM |#21  
Flag Reno
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerEVA06

Well it will change the entire dynamics of the intended design... therefore changing frequency, depth, and volume. Speakers are designed to push... not pull. If they pull, it will more or less push the sound into whatever it's housing is.

No, that is not how speakers work at all. In a single speaker installation, speaker polarity makes absolutely no difference at all. with multiple speakers It only matters that they are all in phase. As the speakers are fed with an alternating current audio waveform, they neither push nor pull, or they both push and pull equally, depending how you look at it.

19th June 2011, 09:51 PM |#22  
Flag League City
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrandy

No, that is not how speakers work at all. In a single speaker installation, speaker polarity makes absolutely no difference at all. with multiple speakers It only matters that they are all in phase. As the speakers are fed with an alternating current audio waveform, they neither push nor pull, or they both push and pull equally, depending how you look at it.

Yep! This guy has it right!
19th June 2011, 10:25 PM |#23  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfrandy

CORRECT! And thank's.
Not sure why people can't find anything better to all day than smash other peoples good ideas when all they are trying to do is help.. This technique has worked on my personal evo my wife's and 2 friends, if you don't want to try it, great, don't. But quit trying to make it sound impossable/dangerous to the average Joe, cause it's not.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
20th June 2011, 12:35 AM |#24  
Flag everett
Thanks Meter: 3,132

More
I'm a machinist, and every few days I pull my batt cover and see that my speaker is COVERED with chips. I use a magnet and it works just fine.

Thanks for posting this for everybody
20th June 2011, 12:42 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I think this is not plaguing my ear piece speaker. But I think it's much harder to get to the front speaker then the back. :/
20th June 2011, 05:08 AM |#26  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Anyone have a link to a good video for removing the speaker?

And I'm not sure if I'm still under warranty, I got my EVO on launch day, so I think I'm just recently beyond the 1year warranty aren't I?
21st June 2011, 04:17 AM |#27  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmdieselfumes

Anyone have a link to a good video for removing the speaker?

And I'm not sure if I'm still under warranty, I got my EVO on launch day, so I think I'm just recently beyond the 1year warranty aren't I?

I may be doing one for a friend of a friend, if so I will see if I can shoot some footage.
Otherwise your good friend Google or YouTube.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
27th June 2011, 12:19 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'd love to see a video of this entire process.
27th June 2011, 02:54 PM |#29  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
My speaker has managed to mess up three times in under a year and yes it was because of metal shavings on the speaker. I'm a driveshaft mechanic and work with metals and tubes and such an my evo's speaker is messed up now. I didn't want to buy another speaker since the first time I took it to sprint the charged me $35 and fixed it on the spot. The second time I got to speakers from ebay for under $15 so i replaced them my self. I was going to add a little mesh inside the back cover of the speaker holes so no more metal shavings would go in but never did it. I was going to take it off my nexus one back cover. Now I have to try this I'm always taking off the metal shavings with and earth magnet but i haven't don't it since I gave up on fixing this problem and yes I hate the nasty sound it makes. Lol

I will give this a try to see if I can fix it. I thought I was thinking only one having this problem. Lol
27th June 2011, 07:24 PM |#30  
Flag Exeter
Thanks Meter: 33

More
can i remove the speaker using scissors? LOL
28th June 2011, 07:34 AM |#31  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrumngun

I think this is not plaguing my ear piece speaker. But I think it's much harder to get to the front speaker then the back. :/

its one screw further... basically do all of the steps to get to the speaker, then in the top right you will see a small Phillips screw, unscrew that, then the board comes up from the front housing, be careful cause the cables are still connected on the left. once you have the board pulled up to the left, take the little power button at the top out of the housing as it makes it easier to take out the earpiece. now you will need something small to pry the earpiece up from the top left of the earpiece (where you just removed the power button from, be careful you dont wanna break the earpiece). do the same thing with the magnets on this earpiece, make sure you get all the metal shavings off.

Then just do those steps in reverse ( be careful not to break the vol up / down buttons when putting the board back in ), also when putting the board back in there is a little tab on the left that a part of the board has to go under to go back on right, make sure to screw the phillips screw back in the top right too.

should be good after that. i might do a video tomorrow at work... i have to do this almost every day.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)