[TUT]mod apk without pc

Search This thread

MAD_psycho_Zz

May 20, 2012
VICENZA
hi guys today i'm here to show you the easyest way to theme your apk without using a pc.
I'm doing this because i don't have my pc now and i'm a little bit bored xD

prerequisites:
-rooted device
-root explorer
-zipsigner (free on play store)

ok LET'S GO!!

1) go to the desired apk and rename it from "apkname.apk" to "apkname.apk.zip" using root explorer (apkname is the name of your application e.g. whatsapp.apk->whatsapp.apk.zip)
2) extract zip using root explorer and you will get a folder with the extracted files inside.
3) go to the extracted folder and change the pics you want
4) be sure to rename the pics with the original name (if i want to change an apk's image called app_logo.png i will have to pick an image and copy it to the extracted folder in res/drawable folder,once here i have to paste the image and rename it into app_logo.png)
5) once you finished replacing the images go back until you see a folder called meta-inf,res,lib,assets etc etc... and press menu button,select all the items and zip all the files,rename the zip into apkname.apk
6) navigate to sdcard/speedsoftware/zip and you will see your zipped file,now rename it from apkname.apk.zip to apkname.apk
7)try to install your modded apk, if it doesn't install open zipsigner and as input file select your modded apk,as output file re-select your modded apk (rename it into signedapkname.apk if you want) then tap on the box to the bottom called "sign the file"
8) once signed install your modded apk using any file manager

ENJOY!

press thanks if i helped you ;)

hope in theme section there will be a lot of modded apks with new ui :D

bayu_104

Nov 24, 2012
Jakarta
i sucess . but i try to edit resource.arc and zip and rename to apk and then im install but pharsing eror in apk

Sent from my S7 using XDA Premium HD app

mr.faridcom

Feb 20, 2012
i sucess . but i try to edit resource.arc and zip and rename to apk and then im install but pharsing eror in apk

You mean "resources.arsc" ...
This file contains pre-compiled resources, such as binary XML(values, layouts and dimens... etc) for example,
and to edit this file you must decompile the apk using apktool.jar via PC only (can't be dicompiled/compiled via phone environment)

Regards

Reactions: SHAGGYY

MAD_psycho_Zz

May 20, 2012
VICENZA
R: [TUT]mod apk without pc

this tut is only for theming not development or heavy modding (xml files)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

MnM

Mar 3, 2013
Thane
Can I somehow change the color of the themes in xperia u by changing the RGB value somehow.... If its possible then it would be of a gr8 help

Thnks a ton bro

Sent from my ST25i

MAD_psycho_Zz

May 20, 2012
VICENZA
R: [TUT]mod apk without pc

if the theme is an application just find it and change what you want :)

yackovsky

Jan 31, 2012
Can I somehow change the color of the themes in xperia u by changing the RGB value somehow.... If its possible then it would be of a gr8 help

Thnks a ton bro

Sent from my ST25i

if the theme is an application just find it and change what you want :)

nope, that way you can only replace png's, to edit rgb values (stored in colors.xml) you still have to decompile it with apktool...

MnM

Mar 3, 2013
Thane
nope, that way you can only replace png's, to edit rgb values (stored in colors.xml) you still have to decompile it with apktool...

Can u please post the link to the procedure via apktool as m new to this and I seriously want some authentic colors on my Xperia U

Thnxx a ton :)

Sent from my ST25i

vithlani2

Jan 7, 2014
Somnath; Gujrat
hi guys today i'm here to show you the easyest way to theme your apk without using a pc.

prerequisites:
-rooted device
-root explorer

ok LET'S GO!!

1) go to the desired apk and rename it from "apkname.apk" to "apkname.apk.zip" using root explorer (apkname is the name of your application e.g. whatsapp.apk->whatsapp.apk.zip)
2) extract zip using root explorer and you will get a folder with the extracted files inside.
4) be sure to rename the pics with the original name (if i want to change an apk's image called app_logo.png i will have to pick an image and copy it to the extracted folder in res/drawable folder,once here i have to paste the image and rename it into app_logo.png)
5) once you finished replacing the images go back until you see a folder called meta-inf,res,lib,assets etc etc... and press menu button,select all the items and zip all the files,rename the zip into apkname.apk
6) navigate to sdcard/speedsoftware/zip and you will see your zipped file,now rename it from apkname.apk.zip to apkname.apk
7)try to install your modded apk, if it doesn't install open zipsigner and as input file select your modded apk,as output file re-select your modded apk (rename it into signedapkname.apk if you want) then tap on the box to the bottom called "sign the file"

ENJOY!

can i change the application name and the some of the apps text with the help of this application???

dkdeathsoul

Jun 18, 2014
Lahan
sir i tried but not installing modded apk sir i tried with zipsigner but also not installing help me please

Sent from my GT-S5360

vithlani2

Jan 7, 2014
Somnath; Gujrat
I had modded my apk but when i try to install it cant be installed "Application Not Installed"

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

Apr 10, 2015
sharjah, U.A.E
Veey good method!!!;

thnx a lot mahn.....good method but..........after signing and when I try to install it still shows app not installed

Plz help me out.........

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

prerequisites:
    -rooted device
    -root explorer

ok LET'S GO!!

ENJOY!

You mean "resources.arsc" ...
    This file contains pre-compiled resources, such as binary XML(values, layouts and dimens... etc) for example,
    and to edit this file you must decompile the apk using apktool.jar via PC only (can't be dicompiled/compiled via phone environment)

Regards