FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]JETSPEEDv1.0-LEAN,BUTTERY SMOOTH,FAST FOR GAMERS & SERIOUS USERS-EDIT (25.4.13)

423 posts
Thanks Meter: 207

By pradipsoman, Senior Member on 15th April 2013, 02:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
JETSPEED V1.0 ROM-FINAL STOP FOR THE SERIOUS USER AND THE GAMER-CORRECTED (25.04.13) TO SOLVE THE GOOGLE SERVICES ISSUES FOR SOME.

SEE TIPS TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE/BATTERY LIFE AND RAM. AM GETTING AMAZING BATTERY LIFE. 37 HOURS...STILL 38% LEFT !!! SEE SCREEN SHOT BELOW

THIS ROM IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT WANT THEMED ROMS AND WANT A VANILLA ONE THAT IS FAST, STABLE, BUG-LESS AND FOR THOSE WHO FINALLY WANT TO STICK ON TO A FULLY WORKING ROM, TILL A BETTER J.B KERNEL FOR THE A110 IS DEVELOPED.
STRICTLY NOT FOR WINDOW SHOPPERS WHO INSTALL, UNINSTALL, LAMENT AND MOVE ON WITHIN MINUTES ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE THE PATIENCE TO GO THROUGH ALL STEPS EXACTLY AS MENTIONED BELOW WILL GET 100% RESULT!!!
I DO NOT CLAIM ANYTHING AS THIS IS MY FIRST AND FINAL CONTRIBUTION TO THIS FORUM AFTER A LOT OF TRIALS & EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER ROMS. THIS WORK IS THE OUTCOME OF USING ROM's FROM ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE OUT HERE WHO HAVE INSPIRED ME TO LEARN TO COOK MY OWN ROM. HENCE THE CREDIT GOES TO THEM FOR THE INSPIRATION. I DO NOT TAKE ANY CREDITS AS THIS IS NOT ORIGINAL DEVELOPMENT. THIS IS ONLY THE OUTCOME OF WHAT I FOUND THE BEST FROM MY EXPERIENCE. I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY FINDINGS FOR THOSE WHO NEED THEM.
ALL THE TWEAKS ARE JUST COMPILATIONS OF THE MANY THAT I HAVE FOUND USEFUL AND ARE NOT BASED ON MY DEVELOPMENT.
I AM JUST AN END USER WHO HAS BEEN STRUGGLING TO FIND THE BEST ROM AND FINALLY DECIDED TO LEARN IT ALL TO DO IT MYSELF.......

IT IS FULLY BASED ON CYNUS T2 & A110 J.B. THE BEST OF THE TWO ROMS ARE COMBINED. I HAVE REMOVED EVERYTHING FROM THE STOCK ROM's THAT COULD BE REMOVED TO REDUCE THE SIZE. THIS SHOULD BE GOOD FOR GAMERS WHO DO NOT WANT EXTRA BAGGAGE ON THEIR ROM.

AND ONE IMPORTANT THING: I HAVE FOUND THAT EVERY J.B ROM (ALL STOCK AND CUSTOM ONES) HAVE THE ISSUES OUTLINED BELOW THAT CANNOT BE SOLVED BY ANY CUSTOM ROM MAKER. REASON BEING, THESE ISSUES ARE BASICALLY RELATED TO THE KERNEL, DRIVERS AND LIBRARIES AND HENCE IT REQUIRES KERNEL MODIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT DRIVERS AND LIBRARIES. HENCE THEY CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE SOLVED UNTIL SOME ONE COMES UP WITH CUSTOM KERNELS AND THE NECESSARY FILES WHICH SOLVE THE ISSUES.

1. MEMORY LEAK PROBLEM. (VERY LESS FREE RAM COMPARED TO ICS ROMS WHICH DECREASES DISPROPORTIONATELY WITH INSTALLED APPLICATIONS)
2. WIFI SIGNAL DETECTION ISSUE WITH SOME ROUTERS (ESP D-LINK AND SOME BSNL ONES & SIGNAL STRENGTH ISSUES)

:::::::::::: DESCRIPTION :::::::::::::
This ROM is fully based on Cynus T2 J.B and has some libraries and files from the A110 stock J.B. I believe that there is not much difference between the Cynus T2 J.B (Final) and the MMX A110 J.B (Final). In fact I found the Cynus one to be a little more better. The size of the ROM is only 150 MB and I have included 47 must have applications to be flashed as a separate file for those who need them. I have also applied performance tweaks that work. The ROM is very smooth and has no bugs. This ROM also has separately flash-able files for Audio enhancements, faster performance and the best Dialer and In-call screen from Ulefone for those who need them.

:::::::::::: FEATURES ::::::::::::
Based on Cynus T2 V 17.01/MMX 1.11 ROM's
With APEX launcher (very fast, smooth & customisable)
Fully De-odexed & Zipaligned
Boot animations from MMX 1.11
WIFI and GPS tweaks (Faster GPS locks after initialization)
Dalvik tweaks
Best camera from all available versions chosen
Netspeed Tweaks
Fast reboot
Battery Tweaks
System tweaks for full GPU/CPU utilisation
Better 2G call quality with AMR Wideband enable
RAM tweaks for better RAM optimisation and utilisation
Video tweaks for faster and smoother playback
Torch application from Motorola Droid

:::::::::::: KNOWN BUGS ::::::::::::
Nil

STEPS:

WARNING:
PLEASE FOLLOW THE STEPS CORRECTLY. IF YOU JUMP GUNS YOU MAY HAVE ISSUES!!!!! INSTALL CrossBreeder & 4cyl_Turbo_engine FOR FULL PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS!!!
ALSO INSTALL THE UPDATE ZIP FROM CWM. DO NOT TRY TO UNZIP AND INSTALL APK's SEPARATELY!!! YOU CAN REMOVE UN-NEEDED APP"S LATER. ALSO DO NOT ASK ME TO IMPROVE THIS AND THAT AS I WONT BE POSTING ANY MORE ROM's . IF SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING LIKE CORRUPT FILE etc. DO LET ME KNOW. I WILL CORRECT THE ISSUE. I AM PERFECTLY HAPPY ON THIS COMBINATION AND IF YOU WANT YOU CAN KEEP IT. OR ELSE YOU ARE FREE TO MOVE AHEAD AND EXPLORE

1. Download all the files and transfer them to your SD card.
2. Reboot to CWM and wipe data/cache/dalvik. (THIS IS ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT)
3. Flash the ROM
4. Reboot after installation of ROM once so that it boots up
5. Again reboot and go back to CWM and install the following in order.

a) ulefone-contacts & ulefone-phone (If you need a beautiful dialler and in call screen)-reboot
b) CrossBreeder & 4cyl_Turbo_engine (For awesome smoothness and speed)-reboot
c) If you need, install update.zip for the awesome must have 47 programs that I use on my phone-reboot
d) FOR AWESOME SOUND (BETTER THAN ACID AND BEATS)-Now go to your SD card and unrar the ViPER4Android_FX_ICS_2203 file. After reading the necessary files inside for installation, install the apks and configure (Seperate Guide below)
e) If you need a better keyboard than stock, reboot and flash XperiaKeyboard

WELL, NOW YOU WILL HAVE AN AWESOME ROM GOOD FOR KEEPS.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

JETSPEED V1.0 ROM- UPLOADED!!! EDIT-MODIFIED TO CORRECT GOOGLE SERVICES ISSUES (25.04.13)

My Compilation of Must Have programs

Crossbreeder

4cyl_Turbo_engine

ViPER4Android

XperiaKeyboard

Ulefone-Contacts

Ulefone-Phone

TIPS:

1) Use No-frills CPU for changing the settings to ondemand/noop for those who
want better battery. Those who want speed and find happiness in seeing high
quadrant scores can stick on to the default hybrid/cfq or even try
performance/cfq for improvements in gaming and when watching movies.
2) For those who have 16-32 GB external SD cards, you can add the internal SD RAM space to your system RAM for more data. The results will not be visible in the form of free RAM under "Apps-Running" but you will be able to
observe tremendous boost in smoothness of UI and games. Also you can see that the internal SD card that was 2 GB will now show 566MB
Use the file attached for this simple tweak. Read the PDF file attached for installation. On reboot after installation, dont panic if there is a warning saying that your internal SD card is damaged and needs to be formatted. Just
allow the system to format it and all will be well...

STEPS TO INSTALL VIPER FOR AWESOME SOUND:

1. Un-rar the Viper rar file on your SD card.
2. Create ViPER4Android/Kernel directory/folder on your SD card (Use the exact alphabets). After unzipping the
IRSamples_331.zip copy the files into the /Kernel sub folder.
3. Install V4AManager_FX.apk and run it. Choose "Cortex A8 with NEON" as the CPU.
4. Install ViPER4Android_FX.apk
5. Reboot
6. Run ViPER4Android_FX program from App Drawer and select your needed sound settings.
7. Enjoy awesome sound!!!

CREDITS AND THANKS:

1) To B.Suhas (for Ulefone contacts and phone zips), Jigar and all other ROM makers for their inspiring ROM's and work.
2) To idcrisis (Senior member) for Crossbreeder
3) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2158329 for 4cyl_Turbo_engine_200_shot_v0.3.2_r1

4)XperiaKeyboard - XperiaT (JB) by KristianCarl

And finally to all those who have inspired me on XDA.

Screen Shots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04_15_12.43.17.jpg
Views:	3179
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1885208   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04_15_12.43.42.jpg
Views:	2725
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1885209   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04_15_12.43.56.jpg
Views:	2565
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1885210   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04_15_12.44.12.jpg
Views:	2303
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1885211   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04_15_12.56.33.jpg
Views:	2817
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1885222   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013.04.15-18.05.44.jpeg
Views:	1935
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1885720   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013.04.15-18.06.09.jpg
Views:	2072
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1885721   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20130424_1825_2.jpg
Views:	1392
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1907921  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MTK6577_Data_Repartition.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (43.4 KB, 341 views)
File Type: zip MTK6577_Data_Repartition.zip - [Click for QR Code] (145.1 KB, 213 views)
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to pradipsoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pradipsoman Ad-Free

15th April 2013, 03:11 AM |#2  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1,042

More
very exiting... i'll definatly try...
The Following User Says Thank You to mmxandy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mmxandy Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 04:53 AM |#3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Eagerly waiting bro....come on man.....shouting....

Sent from my Cynus T2 using Tapatalk 2
15th April 2013, 05:01 AM |#4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 75

More
interesting & quite straight forward lines. Will promote your work through my Facebook group !

All the best for your efforts !

Warm regards !

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to sunilnair007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sunilnair007 Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 05:36 AM |#5  
Flag New Delhi

More
Pradipsoman bro....counting on you...

15th April 2013, 06:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Will definitely try. After long time it seems to be good rom on paper lets see if it delivers what is mentioned above. Finger crossed, keep it up bro..

Sent from my gt-i9300 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
15th April 2013, 07:33 AM |#7  
Flag New Delhi

More
Eagerly waiting.....

15th April 2013, 07:37 AM |#8  
Flag City Of Dreams!!
Thanks Meter: 1,264

More
Downloading will upload some screenshots soon with feedback.

Dont forget to hit thanxxxxx.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Can u name some of ur apks in update zip so we come to know what are u using. Directly downloading 220 mb will not be so interesting...
15th April 2013, 07:48 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thrissur
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skdmech94

Downloading will upload some screenshots soon with feedback.

Dont forget to hit thanxxxxx.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Can u name some of ur apks in update zip so we come to know what are u using. Directly downloading 220 mb will not be so interesting...

Sure...will ad the list of programs I am using...

Adobe reader, Adobe Flash player , perfect Shot, Airdroid, Analog Clock Collection, Any.Do , battery Calibration, Bluetooth File Transfer, Call Confirm, CamScanner, Chrome, Classic Theme Go launcher (icon packs for Apex), ConvertPad, Doubletwist, Electrodroid, Facebook, Fast File Transfer, Galaxy S3 Dandelion Wallpaper,Go Contacts, GPS test, Handcent sms pro, ICS Theme (icon pack for Apex), IndRail, IP Webcam, Maps, FB messenger, MX Player and Codec, Nimbuzz, No Frills CPU, OpenDocument Reader, Quadrant, QuickPic, Root App Delete, Shazam, Skype, Talk, Titanium, Touchwiz (icon pack for Apex), Whatsapp, Wifi Onoff widget, Youtube, Silent mode onoff widget

Since they are all in a single zip, its easy to install them all in one go. You can remove those programs that you do not need afterwards. All the programs are the latest from the market as on 15.04.13.

Posted some screen shots too
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pradipsoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pradipsoman Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 08:52 AM |#10  
Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 113

More
hi there, good work.

could you please post the dialer and also in-call screen after flashing the ule-phone zip ? does this work ?
15th April 2013, 09:47 AM |#11  
Flag City Of Dreams!!
Thanks Meter: 1,264

More
feedback

unable to install ulefone dialer and contact

unable to install apps due to unknown sources can't be tick marked

simple another ROM like reborn os

benchmark score 2900

smooth ui simple decent ROM.

need many improvements..

WiFi damn slowww