FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][3-15-2011]TPC Inspire 4g Stock ROM Optimized v2|OC|HSUPA|No Bloat

4,055 posts
Thanks Meter: 363

By twopumpchump, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator on 7th March 2011, 01:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2011, 01:23 AM |#101  
New York
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_2

Besides the usual optimizations, is there anywhere that I can find the Locations software from the European builds or can this be baked into this rom? I can come up with a list of suggestions for a customized rom and I can try to assist you in any way that I can.

You can always extract them from the system/app of one those roms and install it here.

Sent from Desire HD or Inspire 4G or whatever this thing is called via premium XDA app.
9th March 2011, 01:41 AM |#102  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopumpchump

Lol @ being bored...I'm the same way just ask anybody that knew me from my WM days, I was always cooking up the latest stuff. Until we figure out how to 100% fix the sound on DHD roms I'm gonna keep using this Rom as my base and try to tweak and customize it as much as possible. Like I said earlier, if you guys have any ideas or suggestions to improve the Rom just let me know. Thanks for all your support!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Thankyou. The sound not working 100% is what has kept me from flashing AR or any other custom ROM. If you keep this ROM based on the stock ATT ROM and just customize it out with OC and other neat features, this could very easily be the most popular ROM for the Inspire. I'm using angels stock rooted right now but I don't think its deodexed or zip-aligned so I'm going to flash yours. Thanks for this!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
9th March 2011, 01:43 AM |#103  
New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdaddy

Thankyou. The sound not working 100% is what has kept me from flashing AR or any other custom ROM. If you keep this ROM based on the stock ATT ROM and just customize it out with OC and other neat features, this could very easily be the most popular ROM for the Inspire. I'm using angels stock rooted right now but I don't think its deodexed or zip-aligned so I'm going to flash yours. Thanks for this!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

OC is in the kernel, try lee's or Apache's

Sent from Desire HD or Inspire 4G or whatever this thing is called via premium XDA app.
9th March 2011, 02:02 AM |#104  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrs421

OC is in the kernel, try lee's or Apache's

I stand corrected haha. I've been reading that both kernels don't have much issue with this ROM. Is there really a difference between the two? I can't find Lee's on here but I've found Apache's. Do I have to have SetCPU installed for this to work or does the OC come straight from the kernel? (Like OC'ing a computer or video card from the BIOS instead of a driver-level OC.)

Edit: Found Lee's kernel.

Edit 2: Oh, and just for clarification, I choose the "install zip from SD card" option in CWM correct? Then choose the ZIP and let it install?
9th March 2011, 02:17 AM |#105  
New York

More
Quote:

I stand corrected haha. I've been reading that both kernels don't have much issue with this ROM. Is there really a difference between the two? I can't find Lee's on here but I've found Apache's. Do I have to have SetCPU installed for this to work or does the OC come straight from the kernel? (Like OC'ing a computer or video card from the BIOS instead of a driver-level OC.)

Edit 2: Oh, and just for clarification, I choose the "install zip from SD card" option in CWM correct? Then choose the ZIP and let it install?

Glad you found it . Yup you can install it via CWM just as you describe. As far as overclocking goes, I personally use:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911917

I love "No Frills", simple and easy to use. Overclocking is much easier on this device than a PC. The kernel handles the voltage behind the scenes.
9th March 2011, 02:17 AM |#106  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 363

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

all you have to do is install the kernel through recovery, install setCPU then use that to set levels you want

@Wolf_2...thanks, if you want you can pm me some suggestions for the rom. i have only used android about 3 weeks now, i still dont know alot as far as what mods are available ect. as far as cooking the roms goes, ive done plenty of that with WM i just need a lil more time and practice to get this thing all tweaked out like i want it.
9th March 2011, 03:27 AM |#107  
Flag 41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Thanks Meter: 1,212

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopumpchump

all you have to do is install the kernel through recovery, install setCPU then use that to set levels you want

@Wolf_2...thanks, if you want you can pm me some suggestions for the rom. i have only used android about 3 weeks now, i still dont know alot as far as what mods are available ect. as far as cooking the roms goes, ive done plenty of that with WM i just need a lil more time and practice to get this thing all tweaked out like i want it.

I understand and I sent you a pm with some ideas.
9th March 2011, 03:29 AM |#108  

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=lrs421;11949506]You can always extract them from the system/app of one those roms and install it here.

Ah yes! Thanks for the suggestion. Will do.
9th March 2011, 04:09 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhull521

I just tried and it came on briefly then said the sim card was not set up for tethering. anything i'm doing wrong?

Try Barnacle tether.
9th March 2011, 04:11 AM |#110  

Donate to Me
More
Hopefully you received the pm this time around.
9th March 2011, 04:14 AM |#111  
Flag Spring Hill
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalis

Try Barnacle tether.

I turned on airplane mode, hit the market and was able to download wifi tether.
Works like a champ!
Thanks,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
inspire, rooted, stock rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)