[ROM][24-03-12][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.6|Fully Open Source

Search This thread

shadoslayer

Jul 6, 2009
Same here, pressing on apn name doesn't bring up the edit screen.

Also, an issue with the messaging app - sometimes your characters don't show up in the text box as you type, yet the suggestion area works. If you back completely out of messaging and go back in, it will work normally again.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

what kind of influence could that cause? i dont understand it completly pls explain :)

Most providers offer service using multiple bands. Bell offers their service on 1900mhz and 850mhz. It will usually default to 1900, but as that signal degrades (such as in a building), it should switch to 850 to get a better signal, and theoretically better battery life.

This isn't a function of the ROM, but of the modem. However, accessing the service menu through the dialer is a rom function.

DonPato

Mar 2, 2011
Essen
Same here, pressing on apn name doesn't bring up the edit screen.

Also, an issue with the messaging app - sometimes your characters don't show up in the text box as you type, yet the suggestion area works. If you back completely out of messaging and go back in, it will work normally again.

Same for me. Esp @ Whatsapp

Rahulrulez

Oct 18, 2010
India
I can't call any number, can't message. Even If I call on my phone from another number, it doesn't show the incoming call. Tried flashing Stock ROM -> CNA.. Tried doing WIPE but not simply working

encho

Jul 10, 2010
I have no problems with this rom, everything working smoothly as it was on 1.4.0. Don't know why people are having all those problems. As for the navbar, I'm not using it, so couldn't care less. When it is on everyone wants to remove it; when off, everyone wants to have it. You can never please people.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

franzyroy

Aug 23, 2010
Normandy
xdaforums.com
I have no problems with this rom, everything working smoothly as it was on 1.4.0. Don't know why people are having all those problems. As for the navbar, I'm not using it, so couldn't care less. When it is on everyone wants to remove it; when off, everyone wants to have it. You can never please people.

So what? We do what we want is our! To want the navigation bar or not .... normally it should work, but it is apparently not the case.

Sorry to disturb you!

encho

Jul 10, 2010
So what? We do what we want is our! To want the navigation bar or not .... normally it should work, but it is apparently not the case.

Sorry to disturb you!

I know you can do whatever you please with your phone. I just say I cannot understand the obsessive need to have only one thing that is not working. Lets move on.

cnn888

Dec 13, 2008
the rom runs perfectly fine at first. but after a while, either wifi or data would not connect. i have to restart my phone to restore the connection. i searched through xda, but seems that i am the only one having this problem. anyone care to help me? does it have anything to do with juice defender? or is this a known problem????:confused:

Tepes4

Jun 14, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
OnePlus 9
Hello people,

coming from Dark Night 3, i must say that with this rom i had some serious issues with battery drain. I had google services keeping the phone awake for an 1h and 36 minutes spending something like 35% of battery . Had to change back.

fratzeskos

Nov 17, 2008
Anyone tried to use Junos Pulse, or any other vpn client with this rom ?

Junos Pulse is not working on CM9 till now.

nrbuitenhius

Feb 2, 2011
Netherlands
Google Market/ Play

I've noticed the market isn't packaged in the ROM. And im not able to install a market APK because it's keeping FC.

Is there anyone else experiencing the same problem? Or has a sollution?

JohnstonF

Mar 25, 2011
mumbai
I've noticed the market isn't packaged in the ROM. And im not able to install a market APK because it's keeping FC.

Is there anyone else experiencing the same problem? Or has a sollution?

You need to flash the latest gapps after flashing the rom.
Or, find a vending apk and push it into system apps using a root browser with the right permissions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

Codename Android is a fully open source rom that focuses on speed, usability, and getting every feature that we can get CRAMMED in there .
    Our mission is to spread the Open Source Android love to as many people as possible, and get as many people involved as possible. Along with the rom there will be tutorials to get more people involved and learning how to build android step by step.

We are pleased to announce the CodeName Android ROM Utility. All info about it can be found HERE as well as the download link. For now it will act as an app that will centralize all downloads for CodeName Android. There is one feature that needs to be added. The missing feature is the flashing of zips through recovery but we are working hard on this and should have it working soon.

You may use the app to download ROMs and all available add on packages or we have provided direct links below.

Review of ROM by NexusSHacks.com

DEVICES
    * Galaxy Nexus (GSM/CDMA) - Released
    * Nexus S (GSM/CDMA) - Released
    * Xoom (3G/4G/WiFi) - Scheduled for release
    * GalaxyS (GSM) - Released

CHANGELOG
    ## 1.5.6
    (JUST GALAXYS STUFF FOR NOW)
    - Added SamsungServiceMode to be used in device settings;
    - Fixed apns;
    - New Kernel (Glitch Based)
    - New Recovery (Glitch Based) [KERNEL ADDONS UNDER ADVANCED MENU - LAST OPTION]
    - Other stuff i don't remeber

### Previous Changelogs
    HERE

Extra Tools (Provided by CM):
    Bash/
    Lsof/
    Nano/
    OpenVPN/
    libncurses/
    Busybox/
    Rsync/
    Superuser app - ChainsDD

Online Presence:
    Blog & Tutorials
    Bug & Feature Tracker
    IRC Chat
    CodeNameDroid
    -Twitter
    AndroidUser00110001
    -Twitter
    -Google+
    rtfpessoa
    -Twitter
    -Google+

Downloads:

CNA-GALAXYS-1.5.6 - HERE

CodeName Android ROM Utility HERE - One stop shop for all ROMs, Kernels, Themes and much more.

Nightly builds for all devices can be found HERE

Our nightly build system is coming online for the first time so please be patient as we may run into some issues and as we tie it into Codename Android ROM Utility.

CNA GApps HERE Always use latest GApps

CM GApps HERE

Credit / Thanks:
    EVERYBODY IN THE ANDROID ATMOSPHERE!!!
    All other open sourcers that made a contribution to the project:
    Specifically: Team Gummy, romanbb (Android Open Kang Project) Birdman (RootzBoat), imoseyon, CM, GlitchTeam

Install Instructions
    Must have Root and Clockwork Recovery installed on phone

From ClockWork Recovery:
    -Wipe cache & data/factory resest
    -Flash latest CNA ROM
    -Flash latest GApps
    -Reboot phone (don’t flash another kernel before this first boot)

Uptade from old version throught ClockWork Recovery:
    -Flash latest CNA ROM
    -Flash latest GApps
    [-Flash Different Kernel](OPTIONAL)
    -Reboot phone

Full Build instructions and Source (Source Fully Compatible w/Lion and Ubuntu 11.10)
    Build Instructions
    Full Source
    Full Working Changelog (Watch here for new changes and features as they are posted)

Donate: (Be kind)
    Codenamedroid - (ROM Dev) Donate
    AndroidUser00110001 - (ROM Dev) Donate
    Brainmaster - (Tweaker - Theme Porter) - Donate
    Blueharford - (Kernel Dev) - Donate
    mathkid95 - (Kernel Dev) - Donate
    Link - (GNexus support/All around) - Donate
    GerManiac - (Nexus S support) - Donate
    rtfpessoa - (Galaxy S support) - Donate
    GlitchTeam - (Kernel/Recovery Dev's) - Donate

SceenShot's:

Screenshot_2012-01-09-20-23-17.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-18-17-34.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-18-17-41.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-18-25-28.png
    Screenshot_2012-01-09-18-24-46.png
    1.png
    2.png
    8.png

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if you like this ROM
    :D
    Interesting that you think Dax port is snappier ... what could he have done different? ... sure it isn´t just your mind ****ing with you :þ

PS: I don´t know if I should be asking this but I am totally lost in all this CNA madness ..
    What is the difference between LAST ROM HERE and Nightly builds for all devices can be found HERE

LASTEST VERSION was build this morning by me, nighlyes are build every day, and may have more bugs.
    THIS IS OFFICIAL CNA

STILL UNDER DEV

THANK: Codenamedroid for is hard work to fix some pretty ugly bugs.

I will update thread as i have more time, with better instructions and other usefull stuff.

This is just a hobby.
    New Version ready for download.
    Checkout changelog, pretty good news.