HTC New Eden 1 Concept

Search This thread

professoroak

Jan 19, 2011
SJ to Boston
Really lovin' the design! Looks sturdy yet sleek and elegant.

I do have one verrryyy small preference that may or not be relevant to a lot of people. I noticed the rear camera is 16.41mp... That's a ton. lol. Idk about the quality of that specific Sony-branded camera, but just from the surface of things, I'd prefer less megapixels with more quality, than more megapixels with less quality. Essentially, megapixels do not equate to better image quality; jamming that much detail into such a tiny image sensor only creates more noise and overall less quality. The iPhone 4 has done well with only 5mp and the Nikon D40 has done well with only 6mp despite being a real DSLR.

Just my 2 cents :)

dodo2244

Nov 4, 2009
Kampala
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
What beaut! Please add a dedicated camera button.
some ideas for the luxury model - sapphire screen guard, gems for the buttons, Gold / Titanium / Platinum body, Giorgio Armani embossed on the back or just your name ..... ;-)
Nice work!!

BikerBoy030

Dec 13, 2007
Really lovin' the design! Looks sturdy yet sleek and elegant.

I do have one verrryyy small preference that may or not be relevant to a lot of people. I noticed the rear camera is 16.41mp... That's a ton. lol. Idk about the quality of that specific Sony-branded camera, but just from the surface of things, I'd prefer less megapixels with more quality, than more megapixels with less quality. Essentially, megapixels do not equate to better image quality; jamming that much detail into such a tiny image sensor only creates more noise and overall less quality. The iPhone 4 has done well with only 5mp and the Nikon D40 has done well with only 6mp despite being a real DSLR.

Just my 2 cents :)

yes thats right:)..didn't seen it before:)
my the Canon G11 was also reduced by Megapixel. There they got a better picture quality with better shot by night pictures:)

abprie

Apr 19, 2009
i like my trackpad on the DZ and certainly do miss something on that design (which is nice anyway)

kirkdis

Apr 4, 2006
Bamberg
nice concept! i like it! but one suggestion i have:

Why do all use these "hard"buttons below the screen. i prefer a smaller desing or a larger screen with soft buttons direclty in the screen. so htc has the option to turn the buttons with the holding postion like on the desire s without problems.

so pls do a smaller version of the device without these crappy oldschool buttons!!

keep this good work going on!!!

thanks

kirkdis

Curious!

Feb 21, 2011
Too glossy

Besides, it is not easy to replace whole body with metal because replacing with metal can cause antenna issues or it may require a harder antenna design.

Last edited:

MuF123

Jul 18, 2009
the speaker grill is kinda bad - those holes will get stuck with dirt and you won't be able to clean them...

roar109

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
What tool are you using to did that concepts?
Is very nice design, should be one of my next phones is htc take it.

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
Awesome! I really like the design. Too bad they will almost certainly never make something like that. :(

Is it for sale yet? I wanna grab one of that!

Haha, I say nicely done! Great, sleek design and it's an iPhone killer in my book.
I like the idea of a cassette loading back and the specs is especially juicy. I was really disappointed when I can't find an Android phone with 1GB of RAM with at least 16GB of storage. I have to agree with professoroak on the camera though, more pixels doesn't mean better images.
And talking about images, I kinda have an idea - possible to add in an external camera lens option? I'm sure some of us love taking photos with their phones, I'm one of them, and camera phones is a pain when you just can't zoom in as much as you want to. I saw one for the HTC EVO before so I'm wonder if that's possible.

Dragon Queen

Feb 8, 2009
Love the thicker corners in alum, I have dropped my HTC and have marked the corners and that is it. Where is the power button? Having the usb port on the left side could interfer with charging if you have to talk at the same time, I like the bottom for that port for that reason. I do agree with everyone for the camera on the quality vs quantity for pixels. A brushed alum would look better and not show any small dings and small scratches. Awesome and clean design overall though. Keep em rolling, someone needs to snatch you up for design.

hyellow

Oct 27, 2006
looking very good. I'd definately by this phone, but it must have magldr, hahaha.
btw, wich programs/tools have you uses to accomplish these renderings? I'd like to do something similiar as well.