Steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3

Search This thread

jammy_22

Nov 19, 2010
That I am not sure of. For a quick update the GPS worked great today into the office. I used WAZE all the way in with no issues at all. On my way home I did run into the same issue of not seeing any GPS activity at all. I was on a call so couldn't really troubleshoot the issue until I got home. I rebooted and now my GPS seems to be working again.

I spent most of the day in Titanium restoring and getting the phone back to the state I use it in so maybe something I have installed is causing this issue. I will give it a couple of days and if I am still having issues I will follow the original post again and stay pure stock and see what happens.

I will let you know the results.

I am talking about the latest 4.1.2 latest stock.....

@l3X

Jun 16, 2011
Saint Paul
Hey, I don't know if you guys know this and have tried it already and it it's so obvious that no one has mentioned it in this this thread BUT why not enter service mode by entering *#197328640#
then go to UMTS -> Common ->NV REBUILD->NV REBUILD-> then wait 30 Seconds and reboot....
this way has never failed me when I have lost gps flashing roms. I didn't discover this and at the moment I can't find the thread about this method but I'll try and find it and edit this post. Hope this helps!

Edit: here's the link. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39689694

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:
Reactions: enots26

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You just need to do the following steps to get back GPS on your T-Mobile GS3
    1. Install TriangleAway here. Thanks to Chainfire.
    2. Open TriangleAway, reset flashing counter (you must have root access)
    3. Download original unrooted firmware for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (T999UVALEM) here. Thanks to SamMobile
    4. Boot your phone into Download Mode (Volume down + power + home) and flash the firmware above via ODIN
    5. If you have bootloop after flashing, remove battery, boot your phone into Recovery Mode by holding volume up + power + home (should be stock recovery because custom recovery will be lost), wipe data (factory reset) + wipe cache
    6. When your phone finishes rebooting, you will see the GPS has been fixed and worked perfectly.
    7. Upgrading to the latest JB 4.1.1 by flashing the rooted firmware by DocHoliday77 here. GPS still works.
    Please thanks if this post is helpful. :)
    Can we just flash these via recovery? I don't have access to a laptop

Sent from Flip's S3

See first line of op

If i helped hit thanks
    Did the same thing, was told that if you flash the Synergy Rom it will bring back your GPS, it worked for me as well, connecting fast as ever too! It's worth a try

sent from my wicked pink sgs3
    Thanks but I really hate the idea of having to Odin this back to stock and reroot just to get GPS to work again but if that's my only option then I'm gonna have too.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Try flashing the synergy ROM, that's what worked for me and a few others

sent from my wicked pink sgs3
    The Synergy ROM is the easiest fix... I made a full backup in TWRP in case I bork it again but installing Synergy, downloading and running GPS Test from Play Store and waiting until I get a lock then going to whatever ROM I want worked perfectly.