★ [Rom][N900VVRUBMJE][4.3] Stock Root Deodex [12/23/13]★

Search This thread

jmc2543

Jun 25, 2010
TN
Google Pixel 4a 5G
OK so I am sure this base subject drives people crazy but I'm a couple days new to the note 3. I noticed mention of flashing modems using odin. My question is what will and won't cause knox to trip? I do have ss and understand that flashing roms from there is safe, but what about modems (I assume these are radios) from odin. Sorry again just really want to keep my Warranty intact as I did the vz edge thing and like the idea of being able to upgrade every year.

Last edited:

LeftyGR

Oct 18, 2011
Bloomington, IL
Hey jmc.
Since you are using ss (and because you have the retail N3) you will not be able to flash radios or kernels. One of the restrictions of being bootloader locked. That bit about radios are for those who have the dev edition.

<Note3>

MR H3LLMAN

Feb 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Is there a mirror available or a download from a site other than AFH? My download keeps stopping at 253 megs on both my home and work networks as well as all of my devices.

XzxBATTxzX

Sep 15, 2012
Frederick
Most Definitely :D There is a true lack of super slim and lean ROM's for this phone which I find upsetting. I'll be mixing a little AOSP themeing in and stripping ALL the useless crap out of it that I never use. I'm excited man. Used to do a ton of stuff over on Rootzwiki for the Gnex.

I was going to suggest that! That's what I want! But nobody else does:( I want as close to a replica of cm/aosp as possible.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Reactions: MR H3LLMAN

XzxBATTxzX

Sep 15, 2012
Frederick
Ever heard of Eclipse?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yup. But I get terrible battery life and can't get 4g. I still like the ROM though

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

That's the goal actually haha. I'm so sick of TW dude.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yup. Tw sucks... Wish the bl was unkocked:(

TwistedPoet

Jan 17, 2014
dwaynemulder.blogspot.com
Noob question: Should I flash this through SS and what are the advantages of it?

This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest JellyBean 4.3 N900VVRUBMJE

Requirements: This Build is Compatible with both the Developer Edition and Retail Verizon Note 3

We Got an OTA Yay!!!

Features:
Rooted
insecure boot.img(for DevEditions)
BusyBox
Zipaligned
Deodexed/Odex
Init.d support
Bash
Sqlite3
Nano
adb as root(for DevEditions)
Removed Knox Apks
SysRW/SysRO

DeOdex Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319198553

md5: e23eb50cf24d16c5acf228ea91ade0c8

Disclaimer: no apks have been edited this is a full stock rom that you would expect to get from verizon minus the knox crap i removed, If You use this as a Base For your rom please give credit where it is due, other than that feel free to use this as u see fit. thanks guys

Thanks to:
Hashcode- for Safestrap For Retail Note 3's
Scrosler - for being himself lol
Dsixda - for the kitchen used to deodex
ChainFire - for superSU
KingoApp- for the MJE root method

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
I am aware of Eclipse and have been using it since I got my N3. Issue is, there is close to no long term support for it on our device, it very rarely get's updated, aand I feel it's missing some things.

Right on, my question was more geared to the other member who stated he wanted something close to aosp/cm.

What do you consider long term?

I think frequent updates are overrated and sometimes annoying, even if they satisfy one's desire to flash a ROM. I'm fine with updates every 1-2 months (or longer), as long as builds are stable and the updates are somewhat significant.

What sort of additional things would/will you include?

Thanks, BTW! It's exciting to see another 'close to AOSP' ROM being developed for our phones!

After having used this for a couple of weeks now, I just wanted to say thanks to Beans. I'm not going to claim to know exactly why this is better to use than the stock ROM, but I assume it's a little more efficient. (afterall, this is my first Android phone since my original Moto Droid and I've just switched back from iPhone.)

I chose this ROM mainly because it keeps Samsung's look and feel. I seem to be in the minority, but from a design aesthetic standpoint, I think that AOSP's looks are a little lacking to say the least.

XzxBATTxzX

Sep 15, 2012
Frederick
After having used this for a couple of weeks now, I just wanted to say thanks to Beans. I'm not going to claim to know exactly why this is better to use than the stock ROM, but I assume it's a little more efficient. (afterall, this is my first Android phone since my original Moto Droid and I've just switched back from iPhone.)

I chose this ROM mainly because it keeps Samsung's look and feel. I seem to be in the minority, but from a design aesthetic standpoint, I think that AOSP's looks are a little lacking to say the least.

Hey I'm not gonna be rude and be that guy. Buy you know this is a flashable stock ROM right? If you want speed and features but stock feel go with hyperdrive.

Reactions: TheLegendary87
Hey I'm not gonna be rude and be that guy. Buy you know this is a flashable stock ROM right? If you want speed and features but stock feel go with hyperdrive.

Haha, not taken rudely. I knew it was stock, but with some basic enhancements as listed in the first post. Being that I liked they way the phone functioned & looked stock, I didn't really look elsewhere. I did try Bean's Jelly Beans ROM and quickly realized I did not like the way AOSP looked. Thanks for bringing Hyperdrive to my attention; I'll have to flash it and check it out!

XzxBATTxzX

Sep 15, 2012
Frederick
Haha, not taken rudely. I knew it was stock, but with some basic enhancements as listed in the first post. Being that I liked they way the phone functioned & looked stock, I didn't really look elsewhere. I did try Bean's Jelly Beans ROM and quickly realized I did not like the way AOSP looked. Thanks for bringing Hyperdrive to my attention; I'll have to flash it and check it out!

Also. If you don't want all the tweaks in hyperdrive you can go with clean ROM which is a cleaned up stock rom

Reactions: TheLegendary87

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest JellyBean 4.3 N900VVRUBMJE

Requirements: This Build is Compatible with both the Developer Edition and Retail Verizon Note 3

We Got an OTA Yay!!!

Features:
    Rooted
    insecure boot.img(for DevEditions)
    BusyBox
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed/Odex
    Init.d support
    Bash
    Sqlite3
    Nano
    adb as root(for DevEditions)
    Removed Knox Apks
    SysRW/SysRO

DeOdex Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319198553

md5: e23eb50cf24d16c5acf228ea91ade0c8

Disclaimer: no apks have been edited this is a full stock rom that you would expect to get from verizon minus the knox crap i removed, If You use this as a Base For your rom please give credit where it is due, other than that feel free to use this as u see fit. thanks guys

Thanks to:
    Hashcode- for Safestrap For Retail Note 3's
    Scrosler - for being himself lol
    Dsixda - for the kitchen used to deodex
    ChainFire - for superSU
    KingoApp- for the MJE root method
    Retail: if you are on a retail note3 it is highly recomended to flash the MJE tar then root/install safestrap then install this (that way u have the most current firmware as the kernel and modem changed alot)

Dev Editions: i will have a flashable firmware package up soon
    updated deodex fixs camcorder not recording issues and maybe some other minor issues
    Reserved Just incase